Where To Buy Fancier Dress?

MattsPrincess

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle
Two of my friends are getting married in October and I don't know where to start looking for a dress to wear. I'm a real "jeans and t" type girl.

We're all 25-30, so 'younger' crowd. It's at an upscale hotel in Detroit. Not sure yet on time of day. I was thinking cocktail or tea length.

I found a great dress for a wedding at Dress Barn, and it was very reasonable.

There are loads of nice dresses at ModCloth, too, if you want something a little fancier.

Believe it or not JC Penney's usually has a good variety of fancy dresses and at reasonable prices.

White House Black Market. They have a variety of dresses appropriate for a more "formal" wedding. Very often they have good sales, especially online. You can order online and then return to the store.

I found a great dress for a wedding at Dress Barn, and it was very reasonable.

There are loads of nice dresses at ModCloth, too, if you want something a little fancier.
i was also going to suggest Dress Barn

I have had pretty good luck with J.C. Penny.
But there have been times that I have hit just about every big box store there is until I find something I like and actually fits right.

If you are near a Lord and Taylor outlet they usually have some great dresses at a reasonable price.

Thanks! I've been looking pretty much all day, lol. These are my first friends to get married so it's pretty exciting.

Macy's at Lakeside Mall normally had a big selection, along with JCPenney.

We were at Great Lakes Crossing a few weeks ago, and there was tons of dress stores. Windsor had lots to choose from.

I got my dress for my son's rehearsal dinner at Ross's
It's Jessica Howard ( Dillards carries that line) super discounted

Dress Barn, JCPenney. I think my family has gotten all our wedding dresses at one or the other :)

Bloomingdales, White House Black Market, and Modcloth are my go-tos for nice dresses.

The last two "fancy" dresses I have purchased for a wedding and a Christmas party came from Dillard's sale rack. Great deals both times and dresses I really liked

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter