Where to buy Diapers at Disney

a_nevarez

Earning My Ears
Hi. I will be taking my husband and children (6,5,2, and 1) to Disney World for their very first trip! Of course, my 1 year old is still in diapers. We will be staying at the Polynesian and was wondering if there are any places to buy diapers to last me for the week. I know I could pack some, but luggage space is valuable with a family of 6 and since we are flying airtran we will be charged $15 a bag :headache: So, without having to have an outside source deliver, would I be able to go to a giftshop and pick some up? Also, for bottles... do you think I might find some on premises? Thanks so much!

I'd highly recommend packing them or having them shipped. They are quite pricy to buy them on property and usually only have the small packages.

We packed poorly for our Epcot day and ran out of diapers by noon (I really don't know what we were thinking). I bought a small pack of huggies (I think 14 diapers) for $15. And all they had at the baby care centers were size 3 and 4 (my son's in a 5).

Are you renting a car? If so there is a Walmart near by...that's where I get all our supplies. ;)

Thanks a bunch... unfortunately we won't be renting a car so we won't have access to any stores. I am thinking of maybe packing one stack of the big box and buying extras if i need them. my dd is also on an amino acid formula which is $61 a can so i must pack lots of that too!

They are very expensive to buy on-site. The bottles also are very expensive (and available at Baby Care in the parks, not sure about the resort gift shops). I forgot DS's sippy one day, so had to buy a bottle at baby care (he was too young to drink from a cup at that point, or manage a straw). The very basic plastic bottle was $5. The diapers come in very small packages, for a crazy amount of money. I think it works out to $1/diaper.

Plan to either pack the diapers, or have them shipped ahead to the resort. (or go to wal-mart with a car, if you have one). For packing, try to roll your clothes or put into large ziplocks and squeeze out the air. You can fit a lot more clothes into a suitcase that way. If you pack carefully, you can do pretty well.

For shipping ahead, see what you can fit into one of the flat rate post office boxes and ship that ahead. Weight doesn't matter, so put your heavier stuff in.

I know you said without having an outside source deliver, but why not order some on Amazon and have them shipped to the hotel? Amazon's prices are pretty reasonable, and their delivery date has always been accurate when I've ordered things from them. It would sure be a lot cheaper than buying diapers on site!

Try shipping a box - I used UPS Ground to ship diapers (both regular and swim), disposable sippy cups, and snacks. It was between $6 - $8. Check the UPS web site. I weighed my package and was able to figure out price and delivery date using the web site. (I checked other shipping options, and UPS Ground was the least expensive and you can track what date it will be delivered, M-F, exactly. Do not use USPS - it won't go directly to the resort. Check wdwinfo.com for resort shipping addresses.)

More shipping info...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2437212

Have a great trip!

It would definitely be cheaper to pay the $15 for the checked bag then to buy them at Disney. I had to buy a pack our last day there a few years ago and I think it was $10 for about 10 or 12 diapers.

Just pack them in a duffel bag so on the way home you can fold the duffel bag in another suitcase to avoid the charge.

I also recommend shipping a box down to the resort. We have done it every year, with little ones there are so many other "Little" things to have to pack and bring. We have found it easier to just ship it there and not have to deal with going out and finding them there.

We ship every year - diapers, wipes, swim suits, the toiletries, snacks, sippy cups, bottle brush/dish soap, beach towels (good as packing material, too...keeps things in place!).

Our box is usaully huge and it costs about $20 to send. About the same as doing it through the airline, but we have tracking on it and we don't have to cart it to the airport!

I do throw about 15 diapers in my carryon, though. I worry about if we need to be delayed somewhere, etc. I would rather have too many than not enough..

I would definitely bring them with you. I went this past Oct with my 13 month DS and they did have diapers in the gift shops at the hotels and in the parks but just as others have said they are really expensive. And they only have huggies and dont really have too many sizes. What taking a cab to a store if you dont want to pay for the $15 a bag. Or what we figured was the room in the suitcase from the diapers and other baby snacks would give us lots of room for all the shopping we would do!

Try ordering off of diapers.com or amazon. You can have it shipped to the resort, they will hold it for you no problem, and both sites offer free shipping at times.

Pretty much any baby supplies at the parks or resorts are crazy expensive. You can get baby stuff there, but it'd cost you.

I will order from diapers.com.....shipping is free! (if you spend over $50) :cheer2:You would be surprised what all they carry too! We will have 2 in diapers, so we will need diapers, swim diapers, wipes, disposable sippys, changing table covers, disposable spoons, table covers for restaurants, disposable bibs, sunscreen, baby wash, formula, juice, snacks, baby food, etc.

I will definitely use diapers.com for the free shipping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter