• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where to buy Converse cheap???

ceecee

DIS Veteran
I guess the new "in" thing are Converse tennis shoes. Imagine my surprise when I found out after I promised to get DD a pair, that they cost $50.00. Converse used to be a low priced shoe compared to other brands. Is there any place to get a cheaper pair?? I found some at Marshall's but none in her size.

Target sells them and so does Famous Footwear in the $30.00 range. Hot Topic (not sure on little people sizes though) has sales once a month. You can also bite the bullet and customize and make your own on converse.com.

Oh by the way, we called them Chucks when I was little and that is now the new catchphrase for them... My parents would have had a coronary if they had to buy them now:scared1:!

I just saw a whole bunch of Converse styles at Marshall's! For $9.99!!!! Really cute styles. I bought 2 pairs for my DD7 (they ran VERY big though. Had to exchange them for smaller sizes.) DD7 doing the happy dance!

Add: I saw sizes ranging from 12 to 5. Not sure if they have adult sizes. My daughter normally where's a 2. Big feet and tall!

I just saw a whole bunch of Converse styles at Marshall's! For $9.99!!!! Really cute styles. I bought 2 pairs for my DD7 (they ran VERY big though. Had to exchange them for smaller sizes.) DD7 doing the happy dance!
I took my DD to several Marshall's in our area, but none had her size.

I guess the new "in" thing are Converse tennis shoes. Imagine my surprise when I found out after I promised to get DD a pair, that they cost $50.00. Converse used to be a low priced shoe compared to other brands. Is there any place to get a cheaper pair?? I found some at Marshall's but none in her size.

This is so funny that you would post this! My DD13 just informed me last weekend that the only pair of shoes she wanted for the rest of the school year are Converse high-tops. I checked prices and saw nothing on-line for less than $47 (Amazon). So we took a trip to Kohl's because she was sure she had seen them there. They were in the Men's department but I showed her that on the box the Men's small sizes correspond to Women's larger sizes (she wears a Women's 9). They were marked down to $40 as a one-day special and with our 15% off coupon, I bought her a pair for $34. DS14 received a pair of the low-tops.

The funny part of the story is DD insistence that Converse is some sort of "new" sneaker. Then her grandmother (my Mum), aged 72, informs her that white Converse high-tops were part of her required uniform in gym class in the 1950s!!!

Awwwww! I once found a pair of shoes at Marshall's that I HAD TO HAVE. The store I visited didn't have my size. So I went online and called all the Marshall's in my area and found the size at a store somewhat close to my house. It's worth a try. But I thought they ran big. Good luck!

The price started going up when nike bought them a few years ago. I remember as a kid that is all my dad wore because they lasted a very long time and they were cheap. My brother loves them too but it stinks how expensive they are now! My son's first pair of real sneakers were some converse low tops *sniff*.

I was going to suggest target too. Good luck!

During the winter, I wear nothing but Converse All-Star Chuck Taylor hi-tops; I have 5 pairs and I've never paid more than $35 a pair. I buy from shoes.com and zappos.com, always making sure I have a coupon first.

Target sells their own line of Converse called "One Stars." They are cute, but not the same style as the regular Chucks ("All Stars"). Just an FYI if your DD is picky about the brand.

If your DD wears women's sized shoes, DSW sometimes has Converse. Also check the men's dept if she is looking for a basic color. All Converse are technically in men's sizes; sometimes they have the corresponding women's size printed on the box but if not it's usually 2 sizes larger than the men's size. i.e. men's 5 = women's 7.

What size is your daughter? I had to buy DD a pair of black all star converse high tops for a dance routine. She wore them about 3 times, all inside and they still look new. If they'll fit I'd be happy to forward them on to you. They're a size 9 (she wears a women's size 10-11).

I just bought my pink converse from JCPenny.com. I paid $35 with the $5 off coupon. I think they were on sale with a regular price of $45. Converse are in mens sizes. Not sure if all of them are, but the ones on Pennys website were. I never saw any in the stores, just online.

Thanks for asking this ?
dd (10) wore a new cool top today and 1st thing she said was she wish she had some converse or vans. I'm gonna checkout Marshals because i know the mall is really expensive

The official converse website! When I was buying converse for an xmas gift, they had many styles around $20 each!

Last month, I found a pair with sequins all over for $25 at Dillards. I've paid over $40 for a pair before, so I thought that was a steal! I've also seen some cheaper ones at TJ-Maxx, Ross, Shoe Carnival, and Hot Topic. They are a lot more rare now that the hip hop world is SO over them. My 76 year old grandpa used to wear chucks! Classics never go out of style!

Good luck finding some!

Converse has its own outlet stores. You can check at www.outletbound to see if there is one near you. I know there are three in the Disney/Orlando area. The outlet stores have a back wall where the sneakers are $9.99 and $19.99. The stores also offer special promotions such as 40% off the entire store and buy one pair get the second at 50% off. I buy all of my DDs Converses at the outlet stores.

:lmao: I can't believe Chucks are cool again. I had a bunch in high school, all different colors. Ohhh how I loved them. I actually bought DD a pair of sparkly ones in the Fall. She gets compliments all the time! I'm even thinking of buying her a bigger size. (LOL, toddler 6...)

Target sells them and so does Famous Footwear in the $30.00 range. Hot Topic (not sure on little people sizes though) has sales once a month. You can also bite the bullet and customize and make your own on converse.com.

Oh by the way, we called them Chucks when I was little and that is now the new catchphrase for them... My parents would have had a coronary if they had to buy them now:scared1:!

Target sells their own line of Converse called "One Stars." They are cute, but not the same style as the regular Chucks ("All Stars"). Just an FYI if your DD is picky about the brand.

If your DD wears women's sized shoes, DSW sometimes has Converse. Also check the men's dept if she is looking for a basic color. All Converse are technically in men's sizes; sometimes they have the corresponding women's size printed on the box but if not it's usually 2 sizes larger than the men's size. i.e. men's 5 = women's 7.

dd 12 is also a converse "only" we had hoped she'd go for the oneverse - but nope!!

its all nana's fault! She bought dd a pair before school started that she got at Plato's Closet (resale shop :thumbsup2) DD feet keep growing tho!! *g

we got her next pair at Journey's at the mall...

What size is your daughter? I had to buy DD a pair of black all star converse high tops for a dance routine. She wore them about 3 times, all inside and they still look new. If they'll fit I'd be happy to forward them on to you. They're a size 9 (she wears a women's size 10-11).

My DD would love them if they don't fit anyone else:thumbsup2

My DD9 and DS6 have been wearing these since they were babies. I got DS about 5 pair a few months ago at ToysRus for $5:scared1: each!!! All hi-tops. My kids love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter