Where to buy alcohol?

glasslipper

DIS Veteran
I know the resorts all sell beer and wine, but I really don't want to pay the higher prices for our Christmas cheer as we will be there for 11 nights so it would add up fast. We are staying at AKL and will not have our own transportation. Would it be feasible to take a taxi to a liquor store? About how much should I expect cab fare to be? If so, does anyone know what stores are closer to AKL? Thanks I appreciate it, well my DH more than me;), but anyway Thanks guys!:santa:

I don't know what the cab fare is but I am sure it will possibly negate any savings you get from buying alcohol offsite. Maybe not for 11 nights.

I use Google maps for things like this. Also, you may want to ask and/or search for a grocery delivery service.

Gooding's Supermarket
SR 535 & Hotel Plaza Blvd, Lake Buena Vista
(Open 24 hours a day)-- 1-407-827-1200
In the Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista shopping center - located across the street (SR 535) from the Downtown Disney resorts on Hotel Plaza Boulevard. This is probably one of the most popular selections for store-seekers. It's best to drive to Gooding's or take a cab, unless you're staying at one of the Hotel Plaza resorts closer to SR 535, such as the Best Western Lake Buena Vista or the Hotel Royal Plaza. But even then it's probably a good ways, especially when you're hauling groceries. Some form of transportation would be your best bet.

Just a word of warning - prices at the Goodings @ Crossroads aren't likely to be much (if any) cheaper than the resort shops.

You're better off to go another mile up Apopka-Vineland to the ABC liquor store on the right, in front of the the Winn Dixie. :thumbsup2

If your looking for beer and wine you could try the Heese station at DTD. Its right across the street from the bus pick up on the pleasure island side. Its really not a far walk, just bring a backpack.

Staying at AKL, you best bet to shop is actually out Sherberth Rd. to the Super Target, and other areas on 192. Goodings is a long way from AKL.

Depends if you are heavy drinkers or not if it is worthwhile going off site.

;) I'm not, but DH likes his beer!;) Like I mentioned earlier, I think I'll order from Wegoshop. They just charge the price of the item and a $17 delivery fee, which is probably less than cab fare would be.:santa: Thanks!

;) I'm not, but DH likes his beer!;) Like I mentioned earlier, I think I'll order from Wegoshop. They just charge the price of the item and a $17 delivery fee, which is probably less than cab fare would be.:santa: Thanks!
Make sure they can ship into Florida. Some places cannot ship alcohol into certain states. I ran into this problem trying to order wine for a friend for Christmas. The vineyard could not ship direct to me. They had to ship to a liquor store or a store with a license to sell wine and I had to pick it up there.

:earsboy:

Why not just have one person in your party take a cab from the airport to the hotel, and stop on the way in. Im assuming you are using Magical Express, one of you could just meet the others at the hotel. Plus the last two times I was there Magical Express has not been Express at all, the person taking the cab may beat the others to the hotel.

there is a gas station very close to the boardwalk...i havent bought there myself, but my family members who drink quite a bit always buy there. it is less expensive than the resorts.

the only other thing that i can think of is this one limo/car service (cant remember the name), they pick you up at the airport and will make one stop on the way. usually to a grocery store. you might be able to get them to stop at a liquor store. i cant remember if florida allows liquor be sold in the grocery store or not. if anyone is interested i can track down the name of the limo service. they are cheaper or about the same as the taxi fare from the airport and you wouldnt have to pay for the taxi to wait while you shop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter