Where the H*ll is the FDD or ANY prmotions!

Wean guests! O geez. Maybe they should start by not sending out codes to select few cause the rest of us sit & wait....Meantime no bookings are happening for them in that case.

Yes, they most definitly need to rethink this entire thing! The only way I was able to get there was I snagged cheap tickets in advance on Airtran and FDD. Stayed at CB a few times, the rest POP. Hope they reconsider

as someone who is unexperienced at disney, its hard to figure out what a good rate is and what isn't.

While I know this is the budget board, try to remember that 24 hour deals does not equal profit. this is the problem the airlines are running into. they've slashed fares to unmaintable levels and people are conditioned. unfortuantely you cannot run a business that way.

when you offer a gazillion deals and cut your profit margin, you still have to keep your shareholders happy. So what do you do? You cut services. we see that at disney now. Fantasmic cut to 1 or 2 times a week, making it a horrible experience to even see the show. dining cut to mediocre levels where the only way you can get people to eat is offer free dining or a discounted package.

The economy is improving (so they say) so as a business standpoint disney needs to increasing their profit margins. this is a good business practice. I for one would love to see most of the deals go.

Another thing, the stuff that has the biggest profit margins (markup) is the souvineers. unfortunately people who are going on such a tight budget generally can't or don't buy the extras.
What you want is a healthy mix of folks who are a bit flushed with cash. they way to get them there is to stop offering the discounts.
Sookie,
A good rate is one you are comfortable with paying. plan a budget and make your arrangements according to your budget. If a discount comes out that's a bonus, if one does not, you won't be stressing about how you're going to pay for your vacation. I plan my trips on the prices today without discount.

I thought for sure I would get a whole bunch of codes in the mail this year, only because we decided not to go back until 2012.

So far, no codes. Maybe they will miss us this year and send one for next year. Even if they don't, we go the last week of August, so its the cheapest season already.

This year, I'm actually going to Universal. Never been before, never had any desire to go, but then the new WWoHP opened, and I'm a bit of a Harry Potter addict ;) My kids are staying home! That's another first for me.
Plus, I'm managing Friday morning - Sunday night, flight, shuttle to the hotel and back to MCO, room, and season pass (so I can take the kids next year) for $500. Just add food and way too much junk coming home with me, and it's a nice cheap trip.

I have to say, discount or no discount, we will be going back to Disney next year. Their magic has worked, we are hooked. My DD7 keeps lamenting the fact that we aren't going this year. Have to get back there once before she becomes an "adult" :rotfl:
(please don't anyone tell her she is an adult at age 10)

I've never received a code. lol I guess 3 times in 6 years is good enough for them. Although this time I got my kids for free and 30% off the DDP. :)

Just curious as to how you got both kids stay/play free AND 30% off the DDP? I thought the discounts didn't stack. ?? :confused3

Discounts don't stack. Could have only received one or the other. I'd be closely checking my reservation information on that one. Hate to get there and think I'm getting something that I'm not.

Discounts don't stack. Could have only received one or the other. I'd be closely checking my reservation information on that one. Hate to get there and think I'm getting something that I'm not.

Yup..it's one or the other. And, they don't always apply the one that will give you the most savings. I would definitely review the reservation and see which they applied to make sure you go the most savings.

It could be the poster "calculated" a "savings" of 30% on the kids stay and play free even though they always stayed free anyway???

We paid for my inlaws to go with us to Disneyworld back in 2003. They had their own room but we paid for it. They get codes about once a year. They come to our house but addressed to them. We never get one.

Here is my little observation.

I have been to Disney 25+ times. I used to go 4 times a year or more now it's once or twice. It's the economy.

I never ever get a code!

Once I went with a boyfriend and you know how Disney loves to keep information. I got a code sent to my house in HIS name. He went one time with me under MY name.

Fast forward a few years. My current DBF went with me once. He gets codes monthly.

Me....still not at all.

I see it as they want to hook new people. They know that they already have me so why offer me a discount? Sheesh.

I recently moved so I am thinking of establishing a new Disney account under that address and starting all over with them. My name is the same but I have one of those really common names. Think Mary Smith, it's not it but close!

Lisa

I've been 13 times in the last 18 years and have received codes off and on. I do have to say though every code I have received there's always been a general public discount code offered for the exact same discount a month or so later after I received my code, so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

After years of no PINs, this year I get PIN offers every few months. :confused: The problem is the dates don't work for me. So I just set a budget and do as much as I can. I get to WDW once or twice a year and I live close by so I don't have to worry about airfare. But it would be nice to stay Deluxe just once!

When we went to the parks often we stopped getting codes. But now that we haven't gone in awhile (took a cruise instead) we've started getting codes again. I wanted to do a Universal/DW trip but Airfair is just to high right now. I'm thinking it may be more fun to ride the train to DL instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter