Where should we stay? CBR or somewhere else?

bullynj

Earning My Ears
we are coming to disney in April 2011 - We are trying to figure out where to stay.

Last year we stayed at OKW and HATED it, the resort was fine, but WAY to spread out. We had to take a bus just to get to the pool which was crazy, or if we wanted something to eat we had to take the bus or drive, that to me isnt a vacation.

I want a resort this time that is more centrally located to the food/pool/activities we considered CBR because I see you can get preferred rooms, are there any other suggestions?

I need 3 rooms, and one of the rooms is for my husband, myself and our 5 year old son with autism.

Pool and waterslide is very important as well as good quick service meals and maybe 1 restaurant. OKW was really lacking in this area. We visited Caribbean Beach last year and it was just awesome, but Im worried about where our room may be situated.

We love CBR. We always ask for Jamaica or Aruba, just over the bridge from everything. If you get a preferred room, you should be fine. Lots of choices on food, great kiddie area pool and nice playgrounds and beaches. It is spread out, but you will be fine with preferred.

Another thumbs up for CBR :thumbsup2 We love it there. If you can get 45, 46, 51, or 52 there's no need to get preferred rooms. You're right across the bridge from OPR.

We love the CBR. :thumbsup2: Pool area is great for little kids. We have 2 boys 5 & 3 and we have stayed in both preferred and none preferred and they were both fine even with our little guys. Good luck. :goodvibes

we enjoyed our stay at CBR in 2009. we were in aruba and it was a short walk to the main pool area, maybe 5 mins or so. i think that you would be fine in the preffered rooms. the main pool and slide were great. also the little pools were just as nice if not better since they were not crowded. the quick service food there was ok. we did not try Shutters there but have heard it was pretty good.

We stayed at CBR a few years ago--in building 25 in Martinique. I think this is considered one of the preferred buildings since it is so close to OPR. I would definitely request to stay in the section again.

We love CBR. there are not that many rooms that are a long walk to the pool and food court area (Old Port Royale). If you're willing to pay the extra for a preferred room and guarantee you're close, then by all means do. I have requested Aruba and Jamaica in the past which are just a quick (and very pleasant) walk over the bridge to OPR. If you liked it when you visited, I will assume the theming appeals to you, so I say go for it.

We stayed at CBR a few years ago--in building 25 in Martinique. I think this is considered one of the preferred buildings since it is so close to OPR. I would definitely request to stay in the section again.

Yeah, you can't beat Martinique 25. We stayed there for 10 days in Dec 2008 for 10 days. We had a room facing the water on the second floor. 1 min walk to food court, 2 min walk to main pool, 2 mins from bus stop, great view of the lagoon, the boat and bike rental is right there as well and the best part is a beach right in front of the building with a fantastic view of the epcot fireworks every night!

If you book a preferred room, you'll be placed in Trinidad North or in buildings 26,25 or 24 in Martinique. Our walk from Martinique 26 to Old Port Royale (main pool, food court, arcade, etc.) was about 2 minutes. Great location!

We loved our 1st stay at CBR. We stayed in Aruba building 51. It was a short walk across the lake to OPR. The food court was very good. There is a lot of seating. My kids liked the slides. There are 2 slides( one open and one closed.) I even tried the slide. I loved the hot tubs. We will be staying there when we return in a few years.

CSR has the best QS option but is a large resort so you would have to get a preferred room.

We loved CBR :thumbsup2 We had a pirate room in Trinidad South so it seemed like miles away from the pool, but we drove down so it was fine just hopping in the car. If you get a room in the areas the other lovely DISers suggest you shouldn't have any issues. My boys adored the pool and they keep asking when we're going back. :goodvibes

You might also want to consider POFQ. It's a lot smaller and more manageable; everything is walkable, and you don't have to pay extra for rooms close to food and swimming. And they are going through an refurb and getting all new queen sized beds. We stayed there in 2009 and loved it. The pool is wonderful, and the slide is fun, though it doesn't have the neat kids play area that CBR has. But you can also use the pool at POR as well. There's no TS restaurant and the food court isn't as big as CBR though.

We are staying at CBR this summer and really looking forward to it, so I'm not trying to say you shouldn't stay there. But I do read complaints about the size and the walking and the internal bus system from people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter