Where should we eat for our anniversary dinner?

MinnieGi

DVC/BWV
We will be celebrating our 13th wedding anniversary while at WDW. My parents are going to watch the kids for that evening!! But we are undecided where to go. Usually with kids in tow we do not do many of the more signature restaurants. We're looking for peaceful, quiet (or as quiet as you can get at WDW, and good food of course. We'd love to do V&A but cost wise it is just not the year for that for us. So what would you give as a recommendation?? Thanks! :)

We're celebrating our 22nd Anniversary in September @ Cape May - we wanted to do seafood, something different & in a different part of WDW. We did WCC, San Angel & Grand Floridian on the DDP 2 years ago for our anniversary. Good luck - enjoy your anniversary - wherever you choose will be special because it's your anniversary & you're at WDW!! :love:

Quiet as you can get would probably be Bistro D' Paris. Sort of quiet would be Citrico's and maybe the Blue Zoo.
Personally, I 'd try California Grill and ask for the Wine Room. Relatively quiet there, but you do get the CG view. Very Disney!!!

I would suggest California Grill. We ate there for our anniversary a few years ago and loved it. we were lucky enough to get a window table overlooking the MK and resorts. What a wonderful evening we had.

We celebrated our 25th anniversary at Artist Point and loved the experience-great atmosphere, excellent service, and great food! DS and DDIL went to CG for their anniversary and although they got a free dessert there, they thought the place was very loud and bustling-they were seated at a table right in the middle of the dining room. On the other hand, our table-
DSCF0589.jpg

Bistro D'Paris or Artist Point would be my choices. We've done both of these when we've had the chance to go without our children. Bistro would be more quiet and peaceful than AP would be, but the food is great at either one. ::MinnieMo

I'd pick either Citricos or Artist Point. Both are fairly quiet and have delicious food.

We would definitely go with Narcosees at the GF. We fell in love with it. We ate there the night before our wedding. The food is delicious (seafood)! and the atmosphere is super romantic. The restaurant is by the water with dim lighting and its also a real quiet restaurant. The waitress did a great job at explaining everything on the menu and had an awesome attitude. Also if you time it correctly you could see the MK fireworks from your table. If you do choose to eat here try to ask for a window seat next to the water. The view is spectacular from there. Hope this helps u out.:goodvibes

We did Jiko for ours. The food was wonderful and the atmoshere was romantic. And of course wonderful service!

Thanks for the suggestions. I've been looking at their menus and they all sound good. It will be a hard decision. The CG sounds great, but I've been reading quite a few reviews saying its a hurried dinner and more loud.
Uncleromulus - you mentioned to ask for "wine room" seating. Is that a totally seperate room and does it still have big windows to view MK or Bay Lake? Thanks. We have always wanted to eat there.

Simba's mom - thanks for the AP picture! We have eaten at AP and loved our meal there and the surroundings were very peaceful. Actually we did when our first child was only 14 months and we still had a relaxing dinner.

Also leaning towards Jiko based on their menu. We loved dining at Boma and the flavors of thier food. Is Jiko an unhurried meal?

Thanks for the mentions of GF restaurants. We've only eaten at GF Cafe and 1900 Park Fare so those might be good new possiblities. There menus look appetizing also. Hmmmmm...lots of good choices and only ONE night to celebrate!

We just got back from WDW and really enjoyed our anniversary dinner in California Grill. It was relatively quiet despite being full and the food was devine. I had pork and goat cheese polenta which was heaven and hubby really enjoyed his steak.

Wherever you decide to go have a lovely time. :wizard:

If you want great food and relative quiet, try Jiko or Artist Pointe. I love Citrico's too, but when I went in April, it was surprisingly loud in the restaurant. Cal Grill has wonderful food, but is definitely not a quiet place for a meal.

Jiko was very relaxing and you are not rushed at all!!!! we actually were there for quite a while.

We are celebrating our 15th Anniversary at Jiko this September and I think of the 3 that I would choose (excluding V&A's but including Citrico's & CG) it's probably been the most quiet.

You really can't go wrong with any of the 3 though, they are all wonderful experiences!

Happy Anniversary!

Thanks again for the suggestions. After talking it over with DH and telling him about the suggestions and looking at menus we are thinking of trying Jiko's!! We so loved Boma's taste of food and Jiko seems to get good reviews for more on the quiet side. Now I just have to call and see if we can get an ADR for that night. If Jiko doesn't have something in the earlier dinner time frame I think we are going to try either Citrico's or Narcoose's. We decided to save Cali Grill for the whole family as we think our kids would just love the view too! Since it does not get quiet reviews other diners won't mind our kids normal excited talking voices. :)

Thanks everyone!! :goodvibes

We are celebrating our anniversary in September also, we have chose the Yachtsman Steakhouse for our anniversary meal.

Hope you have a great meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter