• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where should we eat breakfast?

RetroPopArt

Earning My Ears
I have Kona booked already that one due to all the raving reviews.
I had CP but a LC ADR became available for the same day and opted for lunch instead of breakfast.
CP, Ohana, CM, 1900 ... all not available during our stay. H&V is not an option (personal reasons). My DH is fanatical about Mickey waffles and we'd like to go somewhere he can get those. So, where should we eat?

tonya.

I have Kona booked already that one due to all the raving reviews.
I had CP but a LC ADR became available for the same day and opted for lunch instead of breakfast.
CP, Ohana, CM, 1900 ... all not available during our stay. H&V is not an option (personal reasons). My DH is fanatical about Mickey waffles and we'd like to go somewhere he can get those. So, where should we eat?

tonya.

They don't have Mickey Waffles, but Boma is one of my favorite breakfast spots. They have a nice mixture of familiar items, plus some with an African twist.

I know that the Whispering Canyon Skillet has Mickey waffles. The skillet was pretty good; it had a lot the usual breakfast items like waffles, sausage, bacon, eggs, etc.

I have read several trip reports of people (who eat sugar-free or who have allergies to eggs/dairy request specially made Mickey waffles), and they are always made with the Mickey shape. :thumbsup2

you did not indicate when your trip is: my advice is to keep trying for CM, tusker house, or one of the other places you indicated. Last week several of those showed up the night before (I was online 11:30 and later), so you may can still score one of those. In addition, ususally the resorts have a mickey waffle line. I know these are the worst value if you're on the meal plan, but hey they're mickey waffles!!!! BTW, I know what you're going through. It was Day 3 before we had a breakfast ressie (& that was @ Akerhaus), and my DH looked at me on day 4 and said " This place BETTER have mickey waffles; I haven't had any yet!!!" It was Tusker house, so he was happy :thumbsup2

GOOD LUCK!!!

You made me laugh, LynneyPooh! I love that my 41 year old DH is 5 when it comes to Mickey waffles. LOL

Our trip is Dec 10-17. The only dates we cannot do breakfast are Dec10 (because we don't get in til 4pm), Dec12 (because we have MVMCP the night before and plan to sleep in the next day), and Dec17 (check-out day). So that limits us, I know. Yes, we have the DP but may pay OOP for breakfast. I'll drink the cost in coffee alone!

Kona has Mickey waffles...they aren't on the menu but they do have them. They also have cereal, oatmeal and grits that aren't listed.

We recently had a fantastic breakfast at Olivia's Cafe at OKW. The grits were just wonderful. It may be out of your way, though.

Enjoy.

:)

Nothing is out of our way. We picked up a fantastic deal on a rental car so that we can go explore other resorts while on this trip. I look forward to the new adventures! pirate:

tonya.

Most food courts have Mickey waffles. If you have an "off" day, I recommend going to POFQ for some scrumptious Mickey waffles and taking a nice boat ride to DTD for a little shopping - or vice versa. Just keep in mind that the "River Boats" don't begin running until approx. 10:00 a.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter