Where should I take my 5 yr old to eat for his 6th B-day?

EJ08

Earning My Ears
We'll be making our 1st trip to WDW and was wondering if anybody had a good suggestion to where to bring my son for his birthday during our vacation in April? He'll turn 6 during our stay and it seems most of the character dinning is geared towards young girls but maybe I'm wrong? Any suggestions and if so do I need to make reservations now? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

If you want characters for his birthday Chef Mickey's breakfast and dinner and LTT dinner both have characters that everyone loves no matter their age or gender. You do need to make ADRs ahead of time for most sit down meals and definitely for character meals.

Chef Mickeys would be a great choice. It has a fun, festive atmostphere. It is a character dinner buffet with Mickey, Goofy, Minnie, Donald Duck. My DS really enjoyed it when he was 4. It is inside the Contemporary resort so it is a lot of fun to catch a ride on the monorail to or from the MK. In the dining room, you can see the monorails traveling overhead. You should definitely make reservations where ever you choose.

There are also other character dinners not necessarily geared to girls: Liberty Tree Tavern in the MK has Mickey, Goofy, Pluto, etc. Donald's Breakfastasaurus at MGM has the same characters 'Ohana in the Polynesian resort now has a breakfast with Lilo and Stitch Crystal Palace has the characters from Pooh

Are you looking Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner?

The boys love Donald's Breakfast-o-saurus in the AK.

For Dinner, Chef Mickeys is a must do in our mind, if only for the Parmesan Mashed Potatoes. Chip, Dale, and Goofy are always fun with the boys.

Also for Dinner, Liberty Tree Tavern has the characters and is fun for boys.

Finally, there have been rumors of a new Pixar character meal at MGM, so be on the lookout for that should it come to fruition.

One more note - on that day, stop by guest services and get a "Today is my birthday" button for your son. they are free, and he will receive well wishes from CMs (and other guests) all day long.

There's the Lilo and Stitch breakfast at 'ohana, too!

Perhaps making up a tshirt (lots of good designs on the tshirt board!) to coordinate with the restaurant/characters you're going to.

Have you thought about (if you are far enough out) showing him some options and letting him pick what to do for his b-day? Character Breakfast / which park for the day / what dinner?
I went for my 6th B-Day (was at MK for July 4, 1976, you do the math) and I still have such clear and wonderful memories of it and I'm sure your little guy will as well.

And don't forget to notify the front desk and get a birthday pin!

I recommend you check the menu at Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge. They have breakfast, lunch, and dinner. My daughters and mil ate dessert there one night last week and had a blast. They had wooden pony races and enjoyed the servers entertainment. It sounds like something a little boy might enjoy too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter