Where should i stay?

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by coluk003, Sep 28, 2012.

1. coluk003

coluk003 DIS Veteran

I need some suggestions. I plan on going by myself to WDW maybe in 2013 like feb/march. I have not been out there in 10 years, though im up on SOME of the hotels im not up on the know all of all of them.

What are good tiems to go, are there any holiday i shoulod watch out for?

Id also like 2 choices(yours are fine) that you like of EACH category

I kinda hate to go alone i really do theres no one to say "wow tht was cool", or you hungry? lets go eat :(( but maybe by then ill be dating again lol.

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. Kimberle

Kimberle WL Vet

Welcome to the Dis!

First, you need to set a budget as WDW resorts come in a vast range of prices! You also need to think of how much time you'll be spending in your room/resort. If you're basically going to sleep/shower, you might want to book a Value resort. Nice clean rooms with little "frills". (All WDW rooms now have fridges.) If you plan on relaxing quite a bit around your resort, then a moderate or deluxe may appeal to you. Mod and deluxe pools have slides, values do not. Though, Feb might be a little chilly for swimming.

Once you narrow down your budget, check out the FAQ threads on each resort. (I think most resorts have them.) They have lots of pictures and info.

I can tell you my fav resorts, but you may have different needs/taste. You'll have a wonderful time whichever resort you choose!

Avoid Presidents week and around Easter. The first couple of weeks in Feb would probably be the quietest.

4. minnie mum

minnie mum Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Agree with the PP. The first part of Feb will be the quietest (and cheapest).

Any holiday means: BIG increase in crowd levels and increased prices for the resorts.

So avoid President's day week. Avoid Easter. Heck avoid March all together if you can since it tends to be really packed due to Spring breaks in Canada and the US.

Your first consideration with selecting a Disney resort should be budget. While really nice resorts, they are undoubtedly more expensive that similar hotels offsite.

Here is a link to the mousesavers.com site that shows you the prices for every resort during every season for 2013
    http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/

5. coluk003

coluk003 DIS Veteran

i can get a value at 40 bucks a night in the summer so budget is NOT what im concerned with right now. I would like to find a place that i like and then worry if i can afford it. Tickets are not needed and a week of dining is like 100 bucks for me

6. MMS1125

MMS1125 "You can design and create, and build the most won

What's your vacation style? Are you planning on being on the go or relaxing and enjoying some resort time? That would determine where I'd stay.

My fave deluxes are The Poly and BC or YC although if I was going solo and planned some downtime I'd choose AKL or WL

fave mods are CSR and POR

IF I had to pick a value I'd go with AoA LM or POP