• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where oh where should we eat? 2 adults, 2 kids

cjsmama

Earning My Ears
Planning a return trip in September 5 nights/6 days and want input on where we should eat this time.

It would be me and my husband and our 5 year old and almost 3 year old. We would like to celebrate the 3 year olds birthday one night too. They are both boys.

Where we ate last trip:

Sunshine Seasons - Lunch was pretty good here. We all enjoyed this.

Garden Grill in EPCOT - Best meal we had all week. Service and food was excellent.

Tusker House in AK- Loved the food, but the service was horrible. Like beyond horrible that my husband said he never wants to go back. =/

Pecos Bills in MK - It was ok, but not stellar. The guy brought my son a sheriff badge which was pretty cool.

BOG Lunch - I liked the turkey, husband wasnt fond of the steak but overall it was pretty good and its beautiful in there.

50s prime time - Food was good, dessert was good, service was pretty good.

We are planning two days in MK, two in Epcot, and one in Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios. We are ok with going to resorts for food as well.

We are going to be on the DDP.

My 2.5 year old loves Mickey and Pluto... that is all he has talked about since coming back. My 5 year old likes everyone but especially Donald, and Stitch.

Places I am considering: Chef Mickeys (a little worried about reviews), Ohana, Wilderness Lodge, Hoop De Du, Boma, Whispering Canyon. We will go back to Garden Grill for one of our days at Epcot, but not so sure about the other night there. if you had to create a schedule for 5 days, what would you pick with lunch/dinner?

Definitely do Ohana, at least once. If you are a fan of breakfast, and sounds like your little one likes Stitch, then do the Character Breakfast. We have done both, the breakfast and the dinner and the food is OUTSTANDING!!

If you want to do the Dinner, (non-character), I would then suggest Cape May Cafe for breakfast as well

We love Garden Grill too :thumbsup2

I have only been once, so I'm drawing from limited experience, but I'll give it a shot. When I went in December, I was with 5 year old twins who are very adventurous eaters. Except when at Disney and all they offer kids is nuggetspizzaburgers.

Chef Mickey: We went for dinner, food was pretty much as described. We went for the characters and were not disappointed. Each came through twice during our meal. We didn't leave hungry, I don't mind Old Country Buffet food as long as that's what I'm prepared for.

Ohana: We went for dinner, it was fine. Not nirvana, but pretty good. The kids had fun there with the roving singer and the constant stream of food. I would recommend as long as you're not expecting amazing cuisine.

Whispering Canyon: We did this for lunch and paid OOP, and it was great! Probably our favorite meal all week. Was good fun, and I had good burger. It was also a welcome break from nuggetspizzaburgers because they had the meaty macaroni.

We did Via Napoli for lunch and it was AWESOME!! If you're considering paying OOP at all to save a credit for some 2 credit meals, you could get a xlarge pizza and feed the whole family for not much.

Our 6 day sched will include Yak and Yeti (trying for the first time), BOG (for the first time hopefully) WCC, Ohana, Akershus for Princesses (another first time), Chef Mickey again, and maybe 50's Prime Time. We did the DDP last year, but won't bother again. We just don't eat that way, and if we pay OOP my kids can get actual food instead of nuggetspizzaburgers all week.

Ohana is awesome and hoop de do is awesome. We did both on our trip last September. Whispering canyon we did as well and it was just ok. Nothing stellar nothing bad with that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter