Where oh Where has Chef TJ Gone??

It was after he moved but he wasn't there. I read a review today that they wouldn't sub fruit for bacon at breakfast so sounds like they are still pretty indifferent to even basic requests.

Unless you know 100% that Chef TJ is at GF Cafe on your day then I would cancel your ADR. I have never had such a bad allergy experience at any WDW restaurant.

Were you at Park Faire?

We ate there a few years ago (before Chef TJ) without any problems. The food was only "ok" but the kids seemed to like it.

I really have no reason to go there except for Chef TJ so I'll probably keep my plan of double checking close to the date and getting another ADR if we can't snag him there that night.

Sorry you had such a bad experience.

It would be great to see someone post who actually found him at the GF. However I don't think there are THAT many of us who go around looking for him.

I was at GF Cafe. We've also been to Park Fare and they were ok but did tell me a few things were safe that I was pretty sure weren't like the nestles chic chip cookies. My nut allergy is not severe so I was fine but Park Fare also was not as careful as other buffets. I'm severely allergic to beans and mainly ate from the kids buffet because there weren't great options for me and some that were seemed to have shared spoons and they didn't have another pan ready in the back. I think they do share a kitchen though. I would hope TJ being there things have improved.

I was at GF Cafe. We've also been to Park Fare and they were ok but did tell me a few things were safe that I was pretty sure weren't like the nestles chic chip cookies. My nut allergy is not severe so I was fine but Park Fare also was not as careful as other buffets. I'm severely allergic to beans and mainly ate from the kids buffet because there weren't great options for me and some that were seemed to have shared spoons and they didn't have another pan ready in the back. I think they do share a kitchen though. I would hope TJ being there things have improved.

Oddly enough several years ago at PF the chef (not Chef TJ obviously) told me that the nestle chips in the cookies were safe. I guess it made me wonder either:
a) if nestle had some other production line for bulk chips or something
b) if the guy knew what he was talking about with anything! I told him we don't eat "may contains."

I think you are right that they share a kitchen.

Well I'll try to find Chef TJ when we go this summer and report back. Chef TJ has been a highlight of a Disney trip for my son now for many years and I would hate to miss him. I will ask him about the cookies if I find him!:thumbsup2

Hi - I just made our ADRs for next spring, and they were unable to give me any details on Chef TJ (even with his full name). I also emailed SpecialDiets and got this back:

Please be aware that we cannot confirm that Chef TJ will still be at 1900 Park Fare in March nor are we able to provide schedules for Cast Members. We suggest asking the host or hostess once you arrive at the location in which you plan to dine.

My multiple allergic 7 year old is REALLY looking forward to seeing the "best chef in the world" and am now worried that I booked 2 dinners at 1900 Park Fare and can't confirm he will be there.

Does anyone have any information?

Thanks!
Mom to 3 boys (7,5 and 4)

They are very correct in not being able to give any advance information.

The way the scheduling system works, on a Sunday they post the schedule information for the following week. As example, yesterday (Oct 2) they posted the schedule for the week October 10 - 16. And the only people who can see my schedule are the schedulers and my supervisors (or anyone who can log in with my ID, which is only me).

And he could be transferred between now and then.

We ate at 1900 Park Fare in August, and he was there. He was wonderful. We ate there (breakfast) in Oct 2010 before he arrived, and although it was as magical of an experience, we were still well taken care of there.

He should still be at 1900 Park Fare.

I ate there with him last year and it was no problem talking with him and planning beforehand.

I emailed another chef I met while there in Feb of this year, and about 2 months ago asked her if he would be there in Feb/March when I am coming back and she said that he should be. I am sure he is probably still there now.

Oh my Goodness....He is the Chef that MADE MY SON'S TRIP at 1900 PF in August - He brought him out an incredible peanut allergy friendly dessert and was amazing with us!!

Stalking Chef TJ again for our November trip. Is he still at 1900 Park Faire? He's THE BEST!!! --Katie

He was at 1900 Park Fare for dinner in January. He was AMAZING. He made our gluten-free family feel like royalty. He showed us around the buffet, asked my kdis what they wanted and then made us this incredible ice cream, pineapple and choclate dessert. I have a special place in our hearts for Chef TJ :lovestruc

I wonder if he knows he's a ROCK STAR :rockband:???!! --Katie

Well, my DH made of point of telling him that I had tried for 3 trip to try to meet him and was thrilled to finally get the opportunity. He smiled really big, looked genuinely flattered and appreciative and said thank you but he didn't look all that surprised. I can't imagine that he hasn't heard that many times. I got the last laugh on my DH when he saw my food. HA!

Sorry to revive a old thread but I think TJ Sudiswa is the best heard he is still at the grand Floridian... also anyone going to food and wine festival he does a few tastings...we went to one and it was awesome

Chef Tj is back serving dinner at 1900PF. his days off are Friday an Saturdays. Enjoy

Is he at GFC too or just 1900 PF? We had him at GFC, but that was a few years ago.

And I was impressed with the chef at 1900 PF that showed me round the buffet and explained what I could and couldn't have. Most of the ones I met were very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter