Where is your favorite place to eat at Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure and City Walk?

Robo56

Look into my eyes
The last few years I have noticed the quality has been lacking overall at a number of places here.

Studios:
Finnegans
Bumblebee Tacos / Krusty Burger
Boulangerie (breakfast)

IOA:
Mythos
Confiscos

City Walk:
Cowfish
Red Oven
Hot Dog Hall of Fame
Margaritaville

At IOA- Thunder Falls for counter service
Mythos-table service
Studios- Monsters Café, Louies or Simpsons Fastfood Blvd for Counter service
No table service ..Not a fan of finnegans or Lombards
Citywalk - Cowfish
Resorts- Portofino Bay Mama Dellas for Table service
sals for Counter service

Just did cow fish tonight. Outstanding service and food!

Mythos in IOA was fantastic! Didn't feel like you were in the middle of a theme park. Great theming, service and food.

Mythos, Finnegans, Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron. In that order.

Despite some negative comments I've read, one of my family's best meals at Universal was the Hard Rock Cafe. Good service and good food. We did get lucky and were seated in a quiet room near the back.

The absolute best meal (at Universal) of our trip earlier this month was at Finnegan's, followed closely by Confisco.

We also really enjoyed Three Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron and Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard for quick service.

We had the most delectable baked goods at Croissant Moon, and both the Big Pink Donut and Brain Freezin' D-oh!-nut Sundae at Lard Lard were delish.

I have a trip report in progress, if you want to check it out. There's lots of photos of every place we ate, and very detailed reviews of each. Feel free to join me here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/love-is-“universal”-our-awesome-anniversary-adventures-in-orlando-may-2015-tr.3409180/

Reactions: cxr
At Citywalk we loved Pat O'Brien's and Hard Rock. Both had grear service and the atmosphere was great.

At IOA we like Mythos and Thunder Falls Terrace. I also enjoyed breakfast at Three Broomsticks.

Universal we like Finnegans. Very cute place and food was excellent.

Counter service places were not very good anywhere. There was a place by Jurassic Park that had the worse Caesar salad I ever had. It was inedible. Mels at the studios was okay.

The absolute best meal (at Universal) of our trip earlier this month was at Finnegan's, followed closely by Confisco.

We also really enjoyed Three Broomsticks, Leaky Cauldron and Simpsons Fast Food Boulevard for quick service.

We had the most delectable baked goods at Croissant Moon, and both the Big Pink Donut and Brain Freezin' D-oh!-nut Sundae at Lard Lard were delish.

I have a trip report in progress, if you want to check it out. There's lots of photos of every place we ate, and very detailed reviews of each. Feel free to join me here:

http://www.disboards.com/threads/lo...ry-adventures-in-orlando-may-2015-tr.3409180/

great trip report , just read through it real quick.

definitwely gonna try to find and eat at hash go go and probably avoid knife on our trip in 2 weeks.

definitely gonna eat at margaritaville my 10 year old daughter has been to the ones in cancun, Vegas, new Orleans and loves to rock out :)

how about other good places to eat universal adjacent we are arriving on an early Tuesday and need a place for lunch/dinner not going to universal our first day becuase we are on a red eye and want to rest and relax and get ready for teh next day.

IoA
Three Broomsticks (breakfast or dinner)
Captain America's Diner (quick service)

Studios
50s diner (don't remember the name) - quick service
Finnegans (table service)

City Walk
Bubba Gumps
Margaritaville
Hard Rock

In Royal Pacific
The Islands (breakfast) pricey, but AMAZING!

City Walk: Antijitos. Ate here on Christmas Day and it was absolutely amazing! Excellent food, margaritas, service and vibe. So much fun.
IOA: Three Broomsticks
US: Eh, not sure I have a favorite.

how about other good places to eat universal adjacent we are arriving on an early Tuesday and need a place for lunch/dinner not going to universal our first day becuase we are on a red eye and want to rest and relax and get ready for teh next day.

Bubbalou's Bodacious Barbecue on Conroy Road. VERY close to Universal, delectable food, and so cheap!

Really enjoyed the Hard Rock Cafe, Moe's and Panda Express. I'm sure if you're from America these places are old hat (and probably cheaper elsewhere, away from theme parks!) but we liked them better than the fares inside the parks. The Leaky Cauldron food was a little greasy but alright (and the theming of the place is, of course, awesome) and we liked the Comic Strip Cafe.

I really liked our meal and Three Broomsticks (ribs and chicken) and Mythos was fabulous (especially for the price).

I found Panda Express a little pricey (unless I have been out of touch with their current prices) and we did not like like our meal at the Simpson's.

Ditto. My husband & kids are still talking about their meals at Finnegan's. And if I had some of the pad thai from Confisco Grille in front of me right now, I'd put my whole face in it.

This thread is making it even more difficult for me to decide where to eat during my 2-day visit! My problem with Universal is deciding WHERE to eat instead of having to made ADRs 180 days out!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter