• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is the World post office?

Dreamport

Worlds that were, could be, fantasy, & reality!
And why does one always think of 999 frantic questions in the final days before a trip? :confused3 I've sent a postcard from the AoA drop box before and know there's a "post office" type building inside Magic Kingdom to hold items until you're ready to leave, but what about actually sending a package to, say, Texas?

There is no post office at WDW. The concierge may be able to help you mail a package from your hotel.

What about to mail postcards? I thought I read somewhere that there was a mailbox in Magic Kingdom that got a special stamp. Anyone know if that is true?

I got my aunt to send my son a letter from Mickey because I had read that too. The stamp I received just said Lake Buena Vista on them.

There are mailboxes in all the parks (and resorts) however the post mark is just Lake Buena Vista.

I didn't think there was one, but my Mom insisted there had to be. It looks like this time mother doesn't know best. ;) Thanks for the answer. I'll try asking the concierge at our resort. My "fairy goddaughter"'s birthday is two days after we return so I'm hoping to be able to send her gift from Disney instead of rushing when we get home. Her mom will definitely know Lake Buena Vista means Disney.

I send stuff home all the time. The concierge will weigh it , help you pack it and send it out for you. You can send it with any carrier , Fedex, Ups or USPS.

They used to have a special postmark machine at the Art Store in Downtown Disney, but I don't know if they do that anymore.

1) WDW cannot "postmark" the mail, other than Lake Buena Vista.
. . . Disney is not an official postal designation
. . . the Post Office on property is a normal post office
. . . thus, the postmark is for the ZIP code, and no special Disney marking
2) But, GS at MK can put a WDW-type rubber stamp next to the postmark.
3) As for mailing/sending things from resort
. . . each resort has a mail slot near the Front Desk
. . . take the box(es) to Concierge who will seal them
. . . Concierge can send USPS-FedEx-UPS *

* You get an empty cardboard box from Gift Shop. Pack your goods.
Give box to Concierge and tell them you sipping method. Your room
will be charged the shipping cost. NOTE: There is no surcharge for
this shipping, just the actual shipping cost - unlike the stores where
they have a markup on shipping as a profit item.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter