Where is the wishing well in Magic Kingdom?

KingofHearts

Earning My Ears
A friend of mine was telling me that the wishing well is really something special. Where is it located? The directions he gave me were weird. It's around the castle, but argh, I'm not good with directions.

Me and my girlfriend go in two weeks, I'd like to take her there! Any help?:cool1:

It is along the path on the east side of the castle. (The path you would take from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.

It is along the path on the east side of the castle. (The path you would take from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland.

So let me make a crude diagram:

\ O /
/ \

That's the castle in the middle and the two paths on the right are the east side, there's a small connecting path that goes in between the two according to the map on the main page. It's in that connecting path? Sorry if I sound stupid! :confused3

I circled in yellow where you will find it. Pointing it out on the map is much easier. :goodvibes

mk.jpg

there is a wishing well???? can you toss coins in? does it do anything special?
Yes. Yes. It grants wishes, of course! Every time I throw a coin in it, I close my eyes and wish my standard wish... "I wish I was in Disney World!" When I open my eyes, I'm there!

(To answer your real question, it's a neat well decorated with Cinderella characters. There's water in it, and many people toss in coins. But there's no "response" or anything when you throw in a coin.)

this is the way i'd explain it. as you're walking towards fantasyland on the castle's right as you face it, you'll find cosmic ray's to your left. across from the first entrance to cosmic ray's is the fairytale garden where belle does her show and the tremaines do meet & greets. *just before* the entrance to the fairytale garden is the path that leads up to cindy's well. with the way it's laid out, the path is easy to walk past unless you know to look for it.

unfortunately every time i remember to visit the well and get a photo, that path has been closed off so I have no photo of it myself, but I believe it has a giant C on top of it.

if i'm not horribly mistaken, it's visible in this photo I took (on the right)

159859647_eu9GR-XL-2.jpg

Here are some more pictures of the well ... I only found it last time I went! I read about it and was determined to find it. I actually stumbled upon it by accident so I was happy about that.

My little brother, me, and my mom.
TR11-1.jpg

Cinderella's well and castle!
IMG_2477.jpg

Close-up of the mice! I love Gus-gus!
IMG_2478.jpg

My little brother, me, and my mom.
TR11-1.jpg

I hope YOUR wish was to bring mom's and bro's faces back. Some people always have Dis on the brain. :lmao:

The wishing well is one of the few things that all of the Disneylands did better than MK.

I read somewhere something about if you bend down by the wishing well a crown will appear on Cinderella's head. Is that this wishing well? I assume the Cinderella that is being crowned is somewhere in the background. Sorry I really don't know what I'm talking about...anyone able to help?

I read somewhere something about if you bend down by the wishing well a crown will appear on Cinderella's head. Is that this wishing well? I assume the Cinderella that is being crowned is somewhere in the background. Sorry I really don't know what I'm talking about...anyone able to help?

I believe that you are talking about the Cinderella fountain which is located behind the castle right next to Tink's Treasures.

I'll have my DD's make a wish when we are there in November. We never did it before.

So let me make a crude diagram:

\ O /
/ \

That's the castle in the middle and the two paths on the right are the east side, there's a small connecting path that goes in between the two according to the map on the main page. It's in that connecting path? Sorry if I sound stupid! :confused3

Robo you can relax if this is your competion!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter