Where is that thread...

wencherous

Mouseketeer
.that talks about crappy MDE?

I had an early chef mickey res, came across one that was a bit later, selected it, the system made me cancel my existing res, then when I chose the new time I got errors, and now have NO RESERVATION.

I'm cranky.

I called, the CM tried to reinstate but couldn't. Now all I can do is spend all my waking moments constantly clicking on Find A Table for the next 4 days.

:guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty:

OP, I'm sorry. That stinks.

The savvy WDW visitor has 2 MDE accounts. That would allow you to book the new ADR before cancelling the old one.

It's what you have to do to protect yourself from Disney IT.

The good news is that if you keep looking maybe you can catch the ADR lost in someone else's IT mistake.

.that talks about crappy MDE?

I had an early chef mickey res, came across one that was a bit later, selected it, the system made me cancel my existing res, then when I chose the new time I got errors, and now have NO RESERVATION.

I'm cranky.

I called, the CM tried to reinstate but couldn't. Now all I can do is spend all my waking moments constantly clicking on Find A Table for the next 4 days.

:guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty:

From what I've heard, you need to do it on the computer, not thru the app. Thru the app, you usually lose the first ressie. My experience, going thru the site on my computer, or ipad using safari, I haven't lost any ressie's while switching to a better time. It holds it till I'm done and the switch is made. I don't remember where I read it, on the restaurant forum, I think, but in answer to another poster in your situation, they said to be sure to not do the switch on the app or you'd lose the ressie. Sorry you lost it, hope you'll be able to grab another one that works for you!

You could try looking for a different number of spots you need, if you need 2, look for 3 maybe, or for four, maybe 2 groups of 2, something like that? Just a suggestion. Hopefully something pops at least in the day or two before you need the ressie when people need to cancel by. I've also had luck with just showing up, but doesn't always work. We were late for a ressie at Le Cellier, and tried by phone to get something we'd like in Epcot and they said there was nothing. And, there was nothing at LC, but we walked over to Coral Reef, and the manager said, of course we have room and we had one of our best meals there! So, I'd still, if you are in the area, and really want to eat at that place, and you haven't got a ressie, I'd try walking up, you never know! Good luck!

After hours of searching I was able to snag a 740 reservation, but the stupid thing gave me an error at the very last step (I was using laptop, just as bad as the app I think) so I called and there was no 740 opening. There was, however, a 715. Yes, my original time was miraculously available on their system but not on MDE.

I don't even know what to say about the whole situation. I cried on the phone to the CM. Cried. DH gave me alcohol.

I did email guest services about the app though. I doubt it will help anything.

Oh, and I found out that Garden Grill does a character breakfast, so I got a res for that :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter