• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is Scooby Doo?

Kdisney

Earning My Ears
We are planning a trip next May and want to do a character meal with Scooby...does one exist. I find the info on character dining on the Universal website confusing.

Thanks!

We had dinner with Scuby and Homer at the Islands dining room at RPR last year.

There is only one scheduled character meal at the parks. It is a breakfast IOA at Confisco and characters can vary with Spiderman and the Grinch headlining and various other characters showing up. I'm not sure if Scooby Doo is one of those characters that are guaranteed to be there. It is quite expensive and needs a reservation.

Each of the three hotels has a designated character dinner as well at one of their restaurants. The characters vary and you'd have to call the hotel to see who the scheduled characters are. Anyone can attend dinner at that time and special reservations aren't necessary.

you won't find scooby at the breakfast character at confisco grille.

if shaggy and the gang are out in the bus, you will see scooby.

scooby was the character i had at the island dining room last year.

like damo said, the characters alternate between hotels.

you don't need a ressie for that.

it is the usual menu for dinner at the main restaurant inside the hotels.
by chance, a couple of times a week the characters will come visit with youse.

if there is a particular character you want to have at dining, call the hotels.

if you are staying at the hrh and you find out scooby will be at rph, then make your plans to eat at rph on that date.

i don't know if they follow a particular season for dining characters.
if it helps, i was at the island dining restaurant twice (early and mid) in october in the evening and saw scooby there.

I've seen him a couple of times at Jake's at RPR, wasn't a character meal or anything (as far as I know). He was just hanging out or something. It was a little weird.

I've seen him a couple of times at Jake's at RPR, wasn't a character meal or anything (as far as I know). He was just hanging out or something. It was a little weird.

i have a story to tell you ........:laughing:

when i ate at island dining room last year, it was on a saturday.

scooby and his TM stayed with me for 40 minutes.....

i was the only one in the dining room.

my food became cold as i thought it was rude to ignore scooby...

he then left and went to jakes for the action...

the characters will move to the two dining places at rph ..
i forgot to mention that.

i have other homie friends that have told me they saw the characters while eating at rph jakes.

the character(s) are assigned the hotel restaurants for a certain time period.

they have to be there the entire time i was told.

We had our pictures taken with him and Shaggy at Universal this past may. He was in front of a shop across next to the Shrek ride right as you come in the Park

How far out do they have the character schedule? We are staying at RPR in Sept. (first time to Universal) and my DD (10) is an absolute Scooby fanatic. I am dying to arrange a character meal for her.
It would make her trip!

Do I need to call the hotel directly or is there a general dining number?

you can do this when you arrive at the hotel.

if you need to know prior to arriving, call the hotel directly.

i do not know how far in advance the hotels know which character and days applies to their hotel.

How far out do they have the character schedule? We are staying at RPR in Sept. (first time to Universal) and my DD (10) is an absolute Scooby fanatic. I am dying to arrange a character meal for her.
It would make her trip!

Do I need to call the hotel directly or is there a general dining number?

We stayed at HRH last year and were not able to find out who the characters were more than an hour or so in advance. I asked multiple people at concierge and they were all extremely polite but all told me the same thing: that they wouldn't know until shortly before the meal began. There were characters at "The Kitchen" twice while we were there and one time it was Scooby and Shaggy. (You can find out what night the character meals are, just not who is there.)

Anyway, an advance reservation was not needed at all, although they were taking them if you wanted (and the hotel was booked solid) so as a PP mentioned, you can find out on the night of the meal who is where and just go where Scooby is. Sounds crazy if you are used to the madness of Disney character dining, but dining at Universal is not hectic at all. :thumbsup2

We had meals at The Kitchen at the HRH...on a Weds. and a Sat. evening....
both times the characters were there. Shrek and Donkey one night, and Scoobs-n-Shags the other. The time window was a bit narrow, perhaps 6pm-8pm, or a bit later.
The kids really enjoyed it though! They've "requested" we do it again this year! :goodvibes
Check with the Hard Rock as your dates get closer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter