• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is my FAVORITE DCL cast member?

Any idea which ship Fitz is on these days?

Thanks!

He is back on the fantasy, saw him last week
Since you were on the Fantasy last week, I am interested to find out if a server named Toto is still on the Fantasy. My family and I will be taking the 3/1-3/8 cruise, hoping he is still on the ship.

I was more commenting on the lack of posts about the Wonder.

Anyone seen Harry Simmons, Wonder Head Server, around lately?

Yes, I understood what you meant. It's understandable people are not seeking cast members from the Dream ... as I'd think most guests do not have the time to bond with the cast members. The only thing I can think of (regarding the Wonder), is that cast members are not moving away from the Wonder. I am personally aware of several servers who moved from the Magic to either the Dream or Fantasy ... only to eventually request to return to the Magic, when/if available.

Harry Simmons was our Head Server on the Inaugural Alaska cruise - May, 2011. Our Server was Toby, who has since left the cruise industry. Both are/were fabulous!

Harry Simmons was much more of a hands on Head Server ... at least, he was with us. He was much more interactive ... instead of merely stopping by to make sure everything is / was okay. Another Head Server who has the same philosophy as Harry Simmons is Neno Jekic (Croatia), currently on the Magic. Harry Simmons (Wonder) and Neno Jekic (Magic) exceeded our expectations!

:beach:

Steven

I understand this, I have had Alex more than 8 times as a server and had a relationship with his family also. I have his card sitting in front of me but is so old that the info is smeered. Since going through divorce my ex has refused to give me the contact info.

GOOD GRIEF! I am so sorry ... I do not understand why some people treat others the way they do (ex's). I wish I knew Alex, as I would be happy to reach out to him for you. By all means ... feel free to post a follow up message every other month or so ... asking if anyone has been in contact with Alex. Once you find someone ... ask them to contact Alex, for permission to connect the two of you via e-mail or FB.
::yes::

Good luck!

Since you were on the Fantasy last week, I am interested to find out if a server named Toto is still on the Fantasy. My family and I will be taking the 3/1-3/8 cruise, hoping he is still on the ship.

Hi, Rays2001!

We were on he Fantasy 1/18-1/25. Toto is still there and still unbelievably amazing. His assistant Valine ("Val") might actually be even better. We absolutely adored her. My kids wanted to bring her home! They were not kidding.

Happy Sailing!

Hi, Rays2001!

We were on he Fantasy 1/18-1/25. Toto is still there and still unbelievably amazing. His assistant Valine ("Val") might actually be even better. We absolutely adored her. My kids wanted to bring her home! They were not kidding.

Happy Sailing!
Hi TheRichFam,

Glad for the info about Toto. We have had him as our server on previous cruises and we always request him. We hope that he will be on the ship and not on vacation between contracts for our 3/1 sailing of the Fantasy.
Thanks for the reply.

Hope you had a great time on your cruise in January!

He told us he had a few more months before he was "off" for awhile so you should be good! I called DCL and asked to be assigned to him and they obliged. :)

He told us he had a few more months before he was "off" for awhile so you should be good! I called DCL and asked to be assigned to him and they obliged. :)
TheRichFam,

Glad to hear that he won't be "off" for a few months. We are looking forward to seeing him again. We really enjoy his service and always request him for our cruises.

Thanks for the reply!

We fell in love with Aida and Oliver on the Magic in early January... would love for any future travelers to say "HI" for us, and if anyone hears of them moving (preferably to the Dream as that's our next cruise) please let us know!

We fell in love with Aida and Oliver on the Magic in early January... would love for any future travelers to say "HI" for us, and if anyone hears of them moving (preferably to the Dream as that's our next cruise) please let us know!

Were they servers? Looking for some good servers on the Magic:thumbsup2. Loved our server on the Dream a few years ago, but in 4 cruises he was the only memorable one. We've had some adequate ones and some awful ones. A good server makes dinner something special.

yes, servers in the MDRs... they were great for us... we really enjoyed chatting them up, formed a great comfortable friendship in a short time (we actually did a b2b so we had them for seven nights), and they "got" us...
were they the "best" servers? probably not... sometimes a little slow, but very human and hard-working, wanted nothing more than to please us! They remembered our favorite things (i.e. my dd liked a big cup of ice every night), brought us our fave drinks right away, etc. There were no "magic" tricks or crazy fun stuff, but friendly, polite and made us feel very comfortable...

They also had their hands full w/their other tables being far more demanding... between the two cruises they had one table w/a crying baby every night, so forever keeping one parent's food hot, cutting up one's food, etc... another two tables were a few couples and about a dozen+ of their children, sitting away from the parents wreaking havoc, making a huge mess, etc... another was a large group of Indian families requesting off-menu/traditional Indian cuisine items at every meal... they were really kept on their toes!

Looking to see if Tolentino Gawan Galvez (Phillipines) or Ivan Gomeniuk (Ukraine) were on the Fantasy!?

Hoping hoping hoping they're there in February!

I don't know if you have already gone on your cruise, but Ivan is on the Dream now. We met him in Sepptember and he said he had been there about 3 weeks. We requested him on our Feb 2 cruise but we didn't get him. Another server told us he was on vacation. Hoping he is there in September!

GREAT NEWS! Rado said he believes he will indeed be on the Fantasy for Thanksgiving! If you read some of ,my other posts, you might consider bringing him US or Canadian chocolate. I typically give small amounts to my server and assistant server after dessert. Most appreciate the thought. I tell them, if they do not like chocolate ... trade it with another cast member. That aside, Rado will not trade ... he will savor the flavor! :)

Side note: You might want to ask for Zsolt Szep (Hungary) as a back-up server. If you need a Palo Server, ask for Ivan Frick (Hungary) who also loves chocolate. Currently, there are two servers named Ivan (in Palo) ... so please be specific.

ENJOY! :hourglass

Hi Steven-

Thank you so much for finding out. Going to put in my request! I always bring little cellophane bags filled with assorted Lindor truffles and Ghirardelli squares. Any particular one he likes?
I do know Ivan-he was our server in Palo on the Fantasy last Thanksgiving.

My youngest daughter feel in love with Laurell @ Oceanerr's last week on the Magic. Unfortunely, when we went to turn in her band & say our goodbyes, she was already off shift :sad1: Needless to say, my kiddo broke down.

She would like to send her a letter however, we don't know her last name. Has anyone ever mailed a letter to a CM without a last name? Or is someone by chance going on the Magic soon & could solve this mystery for us :)

My youngest daughter feel in love with Laurell @ Oceanerr's last week on the Magic. Unfortunely, when we went to turn in her band & say our goodbyes, she was already off shift :sad1: Needless to say, my kiddo broke down.

She would like to send her a letter however, we don't know her last name. Has anyone ever mailed a letter to a CM without a last name? Or is someone by chance going on the Magic soon & could solve this mystery for us :)

Based upon the first name and size of the department, I assume (hope) someone shoreside will be able to isolate the proper cast member ... if not ... you've only lost the cost of a postage stamp. Since you do not know if the cast member is currently onboard, delivery of the letter may be delayed. I normally would not suggest people write a letter to a cast member when only a first name is known ... especially when writing to someone in a larger department (Main Dining Room, Stateroom Host, etc). As an aside, it might be a good idea to include a picture of your child (or paste a digital picture) in your letter. :)

(bumped, from an earlier post) ...

We've ALL seen or heard of a guest celebrating a birthday while on DCL. Frequently, a server (MDR or Palo) is notified, and a birthday cake or dessert is presented to the guest, with other servers joining in with birthday wishes. Many guests enjoy the caring thoughts of appreciation and recognition ... BUT ... what about the cast members? THEY HAVE BIRTHDAYS, TOO! During a cruise in 2013, we learned our Main Dining Room server's birthday was upon us. We adored him so much ... we wanted to do something to recognize our server's birthday. Here's what we did ...

1) We summoned our Head Server ... indicated our server's birthday was upon us
2) We asked our Head Server if WE could present our server with a birthday cake / dessert ... and sing Happy Birthday to him
3) As you may know, cast members are NOT permitted to consume any food prepared for guests (it is grounds for immediate termination)
4) A Head Server is able to authorize a deviation, which would enable a cast member to have (eat) food which would normally be prepared for guests
5) In order for a cast member to be able to have this food ... a Head Server must authorize it in writing
6) In our circumstance, the Head Server informed our server that one of the guests at our table was celebrating a birthday
7) As is normally the case, the server brought out a birthday dessert, and was joined by several servers from surrounding tables (to sing Happy Birthday)
8) When the servers arrive at the table, the Head Server would normally announce a birthday for Guest "x." However, in this case, the Head Server indicated it was our Server's birthday ... and lead everyone in a rousing rendition of Happy Birthday TO OUR SERVER.
9) Upon conclusion of the birthday wishes, we told our server ... the dessert was FOR HIM! Ordinarily, servers know they are not permitted to consume anything prepared for guests. However, the Head Server told the server the guests asked for the server to enjoy his birthday, and his birthday dessert.

The surprise and joy on the face of our server was unmistakable. Think about it ... these servers jump through HOOPS to take care of US. This was a small token of appreciation from guests to a server. Please consider random acts of kindness towards your cast members. If you know their birthday month ... ask your Head Server if you can sing Happy Birthday to your server (don't forget the cake / dessert)!

KNOWN SERVER BIRTHDAY MONTHS: (posted, with permission from the named cast members)
MAY: Ivan Frick (Hungary) - Palo Server / Fantasy
MAY: Laszlo Gion (Hungary) - Palo Server / Magic
MAY: Sompong "Sammy" Poonchuroensuk (Thailand) - Main Dining Room Server / Magic
SEPTEMBER: Radoslav "Rado" Hristev (Bulgaria) - Main Dining Room / Fantasy

***If you know the Birthday MONTH of a DCL Server or Assistant Server, AND, if the cast member has authorized you to post their birthday month (no date or year, please), please contact me via PM. I will obtain the information from you, and update this thread. Remember, I will need their first AND last name, as well as their home country and department.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter