• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where is Margaritaville?

cpdrn7

DIS Veteran
It is Key West correct? But where...I do not see it on any maps that I have and I do not remember seeing it last time we went...someone please help~~~thanks!!

I saw it but don't know the name of the street. It is the street that you take to go to the most southern point. There were lots of shops. We were on duvalle street & went about 4-5 blocks then we started going south. We passed a drugstore. I think it was CVC?. that was the street we took. hope someone esle can help

Ooopps... :blush: ...As usual, Shirley is all over it...I saw 500 Green St., instead of Duval...oh well, I tried. Thanks for bailing me out Shirley! :thumbsup2
Here is the corrected location:

Corner of Duval & Fleming Street
www.margaritaville.com
Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville Cafe
500 Duval St.
Key West, FL

Jimmy Buffett's place is right next door to Fast Buck Freddywhich at one time this whole complex was SH Kress and the conchs only 5 and Dime store this side of Miami and where all the main shopping was done, Margaritaville gift shop is part of Jimmy Buffett - this is the main store and located on the corner of Duval and Fleming street which is about 5 blocks South of Mallory Square on the West side - You will pass the Oldest House in Key West which is located almost on the corner of Green and Duval Street, you will pass the St Paul's church which is the oldest church in Key West, you will pass the La Concha which is now I believe a Holiday Inn - cross the street and there you are.
Hope that helps
an ol' conch
named
Shirley and Norm

dont forget about the one in Ocho Rios!!!!! I like that one even better than KW. It has a pool, swim up bar...went on a different cruise line last march....wonder if DCL will ever make it an alternative spot!

I don't know if JB ever lived in Ocho Rios, but I know he lived in KW for quite sometime until he felt it was no longer a place to raise kids so he moved over to the Southeast side of Miami - I found the one in KW very expensive and even tho I love his music and I did get several of his CD's, it still was expensive to eat there.
Always
Shirley

Margaritaville can be anywhere, it's a state of mind for any parrothead :cool1: party: :drinking1

kikipug said:
southwest of disorder

I believe it is southeast of disorder :thumbsup2

Also, don't forget then one in Orlando, Negril and Montego Bay.

Okay, my name is Kim and I am a Parrothead. ;)

Anybody have an update on the Margaritaville in Grand Cayman? I had heard it was opening this month, but I don't see anything listed on the website.

bpd196 said:
Margaritaville can be anywhere, it's a state of mind for any parrothead :cool1: party: :drinking1
Right on!
So, I just made myself a pre-Cinco de Mayo margarita as we are having a dinner party and this very question jumped out at me from the back of the tequila bottle...here is what it says:

"Where is Margaritaville?

"It's in the tropics somewhere between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder, but no parallels of latitude or longitude mark the spot exactly. You don't have to be a navigator to get there. Palm trees provide the camouflage. Ocean breezes bring the seaplanes and sailboats, tourists, and travelers. Passports are not required. Island music rules. No waiting lines for anything.

"There is a beach and a thatched roof bar perched on the edge of the turquoise sea where you can always find a bar stool. There are lots of lies and loads of stories. It's a comical concoction that blends together like tequila, salt, and limes. Where is Margaritaville? It's in your mind..."

Ahh there, I shall take another sip! :cloud9:
Enjoy!

kimpossible said:
I believe it is southeast of disorder :thumbsup2

Yes, to the general public... inside joke among co-workers... forgot that the rest of the world has no idea why 'southeast of disorder' is funnier... sorry!

kimpossible said:
Also, don't forget then one in Orlando, Negril and Montego Bay.

Okay, my name is Kim and I am a Parrothead. ;)

Don't forget the one in Myrtle Beach....it's about 5 miles from my house and ALWAYS packed, DD6 LOVES it! :goodvibes

And for you Parrotheads....Jimmy himself will be here at our's on May 4th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter