Where is Donald Duck at Tusker House?

The Comeback Kid

Earning My Ears
I've heard that he roams around the dining area at dinner time, but he stands at the main entrance at breakfast and lunch. I would really like an interaction with him at my table instead of outside. Where have you seen him and what are your experiences?

In the past he was at the main entrance. Now he walks around like the other characters in the restaurant (so there are 4 characters). We just did breakfast there a few weeks ago. It was great - one of our favorites.

Had lunch there on Saturday. He was with the other characters inside. There was a photopass photographer outside doing pics though just no character.

I am trying to decide what to do. We have both breakfast and dinner booked at TH
I really want to do dinner this year but breakfast at TH is my kids most fav meal. I'm kinda bummed that we have to see the characters twice in one day...
Thinking about trying to get dinner and/or breakfast at Boma instead...

Can anyone give me comparisons of the meals if you've done both, are the similar?

So bummed they added characters to dinner time.

We love Tusker House for breakfast, but we haven't eaten there for dinner so I can't compare that to Boma for dinner. Dinner at Boma is excellent though since AK closes early anyways and AKL is so beautiful, why not head over to Boma for dinner for something different? :).

We went in May for breakfast and he was not outside. However, he did come to the tables.

I really want to do dinner this year but breakfast at TH is my kids most fav meal.

Isn't dinner about the same as lunch, menu-wise? If it's the food options you want, why not do a close-to-lunch ADR. When you're seated close to breakfast-time being over, you can wait a bit after having breakfast food and they start to bring out lunch. Best of both worlds for your family.

Of course, you have to be hungry and willing to eat. :)

You could always just wave the characters away at dinner, though, if you can't eat enough in one sitting to do the "brunch". From what I've noticed they didn't increase the dinner price *that* much when they added characters...

We ate breakfast there this morning - he came around to the tables. We have been in the past where he was only at the entrance for a photo op but they have since done Away with that and they just take a pic of your family at the entrance.

Isn't dinner about the same as lunch, menu-wise? If it's the food options you want, why not do a close-to-lunch ADR. When you're seated close to breakfast-time being over, you can wait a bit after having breakfast food and they start to bring out lunch. Best of both worlds for your family.

This exactly! My kids are more into breakfast, and my husband and I prefer the lunch/dinner options, so we make a 10:20 ADR (that way even if we have to wait half an hour to get in, we should still at least hit the tail end of breakfast for the kiddos) to hit the cross-over to lunch at 11:00. The kids go heavy on their first trip to the buffet, and the adults mainly hold out for lunch. Get a plate of fruit from the breakfast selections for an appetizer and then pig out once they start putting the lunch dishes out!

We (adults) end up spending most of our time early on in our seating helping the kids with their plates anyway. By the time we're ready to serve ourselves, it's not long until lunch already. It works out perfectly!

This exactly! My kids are more into breakfast, and my husband and I prefer the lunch/dinner options, so we make a 10:20 ADR (that way even if we have to wait half an hour to get in, we should still at least hit the tail end of breakfast for the kiddos) to hit the cross-over to lunch at 11:00. The kids go heavy on their first trip to the buffet, and the adults mainly hold out for lunch. Get a plate of fruit from the breakfast selections for an appetizer and then pig out once they start putting the lunch dishes out!

We (adults) end up spending most of our time early on in our seating helping the kids with their plates anyway. By the time we're ready to serve ourselves, it's not long until lunch already. It works out perfectly!

:scratchin Darn, after quite a few visits to Tusker for breakfast, I tried to achieve similar results as you. However, your post tells me I aimed just a smidgen too late...I had hoped we would get both breakfast/lunch options with a 10:50 am. Maybe next time. I'll get closer to 10:20 ;)

:scratchin Darn, after quite a few visits to Tusker for breakfast, I tried to achieve similar results as you. However, your post tells me I aimed just a smidgen too late...I had hoped we would get both breakfast/lunch options with a 10:50 am. Maybe next time. I'll get closer to 10:20 ;)

Don't give up!!! You may be fine. If I were you, I would get there to check in about 20 minutes early--which is totally within the realm of acceptable check-in times. They will go ahead and get your name in the queue, and you will likely still make it in to your table in plenty of time. Also, they don't just take all the breakfast stuff away right at 11. They will leave the breakfast food for a while as they start getting all the lunch food out.

Don't give up!!! You may be fine. If I were you, I would get there to check in about 20 minutes early--which is totally within the realm of acceptable check-in times. They will go ahead and get your name in the queue, and you will likely still make it in to your table in plenty of time. Also, they don't just take all the breakfast stuff away right at 11. They will leave the breakfast food for a while as they start getting all the lunch food out.
thanks for the wishful vibes!

Do you know what beverages are available for breakfast? Pressed pot of coffee? A special juice similar to Boma breakfast? I just wondered :)

Do you know what beverages are available for breakfast? Pressed pot of coffee? A special juice similar to Boma breakfast? I just wondered :)

1) Normal Joffrey brewed coffee (not pressed pot). *
2) JUNGLE JUICE is served at TH . . . yummy !

* NOTE: We do not order Pressed Pots at ANY eatery at WDW. They do not know how to make it correctly or how to serve it properly.

Reactions: fbb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter