Where is all the budget stuff?

Many of the responses to the original post have been far more rude, even snarky - some bordering on sarcastic - than anything the OP said.

Maybe she's just looking for general budget-related information, without having a specific question.
You may want to re-read the posts the OP has left in this thread.

But a Budget Community subforum would be the absolute ideal place for this thread.

But there isn't one so what the OP did IS exactly what she is complaining about.
She could have contacted a mod with her suggestion but she chose to post a non-budget (as in specifically saving money for Disney according to her) thread in the budget board. I don't see any reason people shouldn't call her out on her hypocrisy.

I think the OP started out in frustration. Some of the responses were genuinely trying to be helpful but others responded defensively, and it has downshifted into snark, bullying and childishness. All because someone was trying to weed through and find budget posts. I've been here for 15 years and it amazes me how people will have one thing in their signature line and then feel free to be rude and condescending in their posts. Let the piling on continue, though.

Piling on? This is a public message board where many people read and participate. If you, or anyone else dosen't like the idea of many people sharing their opinions then you don't have to join these types of boards.
I'm sure when you are reading threads where everyone agrees with the OP, you aren't telling them to stop "piling" on.

Yes and I'm just as free to call out the behavior I've seen displayed as anything else. If you don't like what I've said, you can surely disagree but to passive-aggressively suggest I move along somewhere else is laughable. I'm here to stay, thanks very much, and will feel free to post what I'd like. This is exactly what I was referring to. But thanks for confirming what I said.

Yes and I'm just as free to call out the behavior I've seen displayed as anything else. If you don't like what I've said, you can surely disagree but to passive-aggressively suggest I move along somewhere else is laughable. I'm here to stay, thanks very much, and will feel free to post what I'd like. This is exactly what I was referring to. But thanks for confirming what I said.
Just as others will feel free to post what they'd like.

The question about a subforum has been asked and rejected multiple times over the years. If someone has a question, post it and you'll get help. Don't come into an established community stomping your foot and thinking you are entitled to demand people only post topics YOU feel are appropriate. OP has found that doesn't go over so well.

I think the OP started out in frustration. Some of the responses were genuinely trying to be helpful but others responded defensively, and it has downshifted into snark, bullying and childishness. .

wow-I dint see that-
Lots of people save money in all kinds of ways in order to be able to take that magical WDW trip....I think that is all the responses are saying

I think the OP started out in frustration. Some of the responses were genuinely trying to be helpful but others responded defensively, and it has downshifted into snark, bullying and childishness. All because someone was trying to weed through and find budget posts. I've been here for 15 years and it amazes me how people will have one thing in their signature line and then feel free to be rude and condescending in their posts. Let the piling on continue, though.

You know what?, my post was actually trying to be helpful and not piling on. In exchange I was called lazy.

Like with all things in life - if what I'm searching for doesn't happen to be where I'm looking then I simply shift gears and look some where else. I totally get what the OP is saying however, I like most on here look over the topics/questions and I respond/participate in what I find that will either be of help to someone else or myself...sometimes it works out in both ways. There are a great many threads on here that are off topic but that is the case with all of the different forums here on DIS and I think it's fine, I've never really had an issue with that. The topics that are off topic are sometimes surprisingly informative in a way you didn't expect. Again, like it's been said - if you find something on here you might find helpful to your needs then by all means jump in the conversation, if not and you still need answers or suggestions then form your own thread.

Life truly is to short to go back and forth over things where the majority don't want things changed. Life is sometimes like that.

Good luck with planning your trip it really is half the fun of going to Disney.

Just as others will feel free to post what they'd like.

The question about a subforum has been asked and rejected multiple times over the years. If someone has a question, post it and you'll get help. Don't come into an established community stomping your foot and thinking you are entitled to demand people only post topics YOU feel are appropriate. OP has found that doesn't go over so well.

I have been on various message boards for years. I found the OP abrasive in the way she came in to stomp around and throw a fit because it didn't fit into her notion of what the message board should be.

Maybe she's right, maybe she's not - but the way she put it was definitely going to bring out everyone's defensive side.

Last edited:

Aren't you doing exactly what you are posting about?

I just don't understand posts like this when the person posting is behaving in the same way-they just think they are justified in doing it.

No, I don't believe I was. I was trying to explain the difference in the postings. I'm sorry if you thought my initial post was rude. Really read through some of the comments made, complete with sarcastic smilies, and you'll see what I was referring to.

I've gotten a lot of helpful information from the Budget Board in the past, and will continue to do so in the future. Peace.

This board rambles a bit but I like it. I've gotten some pretty good tips here over the years. It's one board I skim through on a fairly regular basis, just the first page or two. I guess I like the randomness.

I think the community board is a bit :crazy:

I'm not sure why the primary Community forum would scare you off from dedicated community subforum attached to the appropriate topic :confused3? See the disABILITIES forum and subforum for illustration.

popcorn:: This is one more interesting thread! I read the Budget Board often even though I seldom, if ever, post here, but I do 'glean' information that is useful sometimes.

What is relevant to some is totally not to others, and that is just the way life is. We don't lead copycat 'lives', and we don't have copycat 'needs' - makes life interesting.
One thing I think we all may have in common though, is the desire to make the most of our hard earned $$$'s to fit our own lifestyles.

:goodvibes

I want my Budget Tips and….

fc,220x200,white.u1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter