Where is a pet peeve thread when you need one?

That is my #1 right now. :mad: The terrible things that go through my mind when I see that.

Cue the excuses. :sad2:

I can't reach!!! (But...I pay DH's little cousin who is tall enough to do it for me;)) I'm not above using a broom either.

While we're on the subject of winter pet peeves...

There is this guy on our street who melts his snow with water instead of shoveling. That makes for an interesting walk to school in the morning when it's 15 degrees and when it pools in the street below his driveway, that part of the street is like an ice skating rink.

My pet peeve is just PEOPLE :rotfl2:

For real. Retail is getting to me. Just because the holiday's are over is it okay to be rude again. :confused3

AND why are people so arrogant like they are better then us. You know most of the people I work with have degrees or are close to completing one. Many enjoy merchandising and what to move up in the company, :confused3 SO you really don't have to tell me to remove a sensor we know it is there.

AND why do people in general complain they want good customer service BUT when they have it....like my store they are completely ignorant back.

Like what do you say when someone says how are you today????

I know someone is going to come and say well why do you work retail and just have to say thanks goodness most of my customers are not like this. 98% of the time I am happy at work. :goodvibes maybe less sometimes :laughing:

To, too and two, and there, their and they're. The differences between these words are taught in first grade. It really isn't that difficult! Also, it is annoying when people incorrectly write the phrase "You're welcome" as "Your welcome". :rotfl:

YES! For some reason, it also really bothers me when a husband/dad says, "We're pregnant." No, you're not! SHE's pregnant. It's fine if you want to say "We're having a baby" or "We're going to be parents" or whatever.

Yep, that bothers me too. My DH would correct people and say, "NO, SHE's pregnant. She's the one doing all the work!" It always made me happy.

Here are my others:

1) People who complain about the weather. It drives me up the wall!

2) The whole "leggings are not pants" thing. Why are people so insistent on judging what other people wear? Why do people care so much? And I'm also just tired of hearing it 100 times.

3) People who have to post every. single. time. they go out for a run on Facebook (and include the distance that they run). I'm a runner but runners annoy me because it seems they feel the need to gloat every single time they do it.

Undercooked potatoes. Bothers me to no end.
OMG yes!!!!!!!!!!!!! That really ticks me off. LOL. I dont get how you can cook a dish at your own restaurant for example, and not realise the potatoes are undercooked?

My biggest pet peeve: People who are late. If you tell me you are going to meet me somewhere at 5:00, be there at 5:00 not 5:05. I planned and made arrangements so that I would be there BEFORE 5:00 so that I could meet you there AT 5:00
Ppl who are chronically late are inconsiderate IMO. I understand that stuff happens sometimes. but to be late all the time, i have no patience for it.

An abundance of punctuation.

Does that mean you are really excited!!!!!!!! or really stupid???????
I do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do it when im really irritated, like with the potatoes!!!!!!!!!! See above!!!!!!!!! Its not stupid!!!!!!!!! its trying to show emotion online (I guess?) which can be tricky!!!!!!!!!! ....ok maybe I overdid it just a tad, but you get my point. :upsidedow

My pet peeve is just PEOPLE :rotfl2:

For real. Retail is getting to me. Just because the holiday's are over is it okay to be rude again. :confused3

AND why are people so arrogant like they are better then us. You know most of the people I work with have degrees or are close to completing one. Many enjoy merchandising and what to move up in the company, :confused3 SO you really don't have to tell me to remove a sensor we know it is there.

AND why do people in general complain they want good customer service BUT when they have it....like my store they are completely ignorant back.

Like what do you say when someone says how are you today????

I know someone is going to come and say well why do you work retail and just have to say thanks goodness most of my customers are not like this. 98% of the time I am happy at work. :goodvibes maybe less sometimes :laughing:

I can explain this. If you ask someone "how are you today" and they dont answer, its probably because they've been asked the very same question in the previous 20 stores they've visited that day. It gets tiring. At least for me. Imagine, in every store "hi how are you today?" ...."fine thanks"...."is there anything i can help you with today?"...."no im just looking thanks". Imagine repeating that in all 20 stores you've visited? it gets a bit annoying. :faint: Thats my guess as to why some might not respond. I normally just reply with a quick "fine thanks". And leave it at that.

If someone asks me how I am doing, I always respond and ask them the same. I don't care how many stores I've been in or how many times I've been asked, that doesn't make the next person who asks any less polite than the first. I always treat kindness with kindness. Of course, I also treat rudeness with kindness, which I find drives the rude people crazy. :rotfl2:

"Hey everyone...... my class will be taking a field trip..... to the museum...... on Friday..... around 11:00...... so we won't be in the cafeteria for lunch.........

What's the point? Can't you say the same thing quickly and easily without all of that? Not to mention, a real ellipse is only THREE periods.

I always thought they were working on their Captain Kirk imitations!!! :duck:

* If you're an adult who has lived in the US for the better part of your life, you should know where the states are located. There are only 50 of them, it's not brain surgery.

There are only 50 of them?! I'd be hard-pressed to memorize that many of them, especially those that don't really have a stereotype or reputation!

As a Canadian I can tell you the majority of the Southern States, some of the Northern States, Alaska, and Hawaii.

In Canada we only have ten provinces and three territories. Now that's easy to remember. :)

One of my pet peeves is hearing people call gingham plaid. Gingham and plaid are two extremely different patterns with different histories behind them. It really bothers me because gingham has its own pattern and now that it's become popular again the last few years (inversed gingham, with black instead of white), everyone is calling it "lumberjack plaid". *twitch*

It's still not plaid, which is much more complex!!!!

(that's a silly pet peeve though)

If someone asks me how I am doing, I always respond and ask them the same. I don't care how many stores I've been in or how many times I've been asked, that doesn't make the next person who asks any less polite than the first. I always treat kindness with kindness. Of course, I also treat rudeness with kindness, which I find drives the rude people crazy. :rotfl2:

I am the same way. Sorry, but it is not hard at all to answer "I am doing well, and how are you today?" Takes 5 seconds. And I can tell you from experience that the employees rarely get asked how they are doing.

Then again, I also say please and thank you all the dang time. It is funny (and a touch sad) when you are in the drivethru, tell the person thank you, and then tell them to have a good day... and they respond with a very shocked "You're welcome and thank you". Why are they shocked? Because most people are not that polite to them.

To, too and two, and there, their and they're. The differences between these words are taught in first grade. It really isn't that difficult! Also, it is annoying when people incorrectly write the phrase "You're welcome" as "Your welcome". :rotfl:

I see it on facebook all the time, someone responds to something with "To funny" or "To cute". I want to be a jerk and ask them where funny and cute are.

My biggest pet peeve are people that have to make noise, whether it's whistling, humming or tapping. Drives me nuts! :scared:

I am the same way. Sorry, but it is not hard at all to answer "I am doing well, and how are you today?" Takes 5 seconds. And I can tell you from experience that the employees rarely get asked how they are doing.

Then again, I also say please and thank you all the dang time. It is funny (and a touch sad) when you are in the drivethru, tell the person thank you, and then tell them to have a good day... and they respond with a very shocked "You're welcome and thank you". Why are they shocked? Because most people are not that polite to them.

I do the same thing! The employees know me pretty well at one of our local McDonald's. So well that one day DH was off of work, and I went out to get our lunch. When the guy started to hand me my food at the window, he pulled the food back and checked the order on the screen, and said "A Salad? What are you doing with a salad?!" :lmao: I find that being polite to people makes you memorable. I would much rather be remembered for being polite than for being rude. :laughing:

This reminds me of an incident my sister experienced recently. She joined neighborhood watch for her townhome complex (it doesn't involve "patrolling", but since she's retired and has a home that faces a street, she wanted to help). There were only 3 of them at this meeting and they were talking about the newest newsletter. Sis said she couldn't believe that there was no reminder for folks to remove outdoor Christmas decorations.

So she then said that it bugs her that people don't take down their decorations by mid-January (obviously a pet peeve of hers). One of the other ladies at the meeting then said: "what bugs me is people who complain about other people's decorations being up too long"! I guess the other gal is one of those who keeps up the outdoor lights all year 'round!

I see it on facebook all the time, someone responds to something with "To funny" or "To cute". I want to be a jerk and ask them where funny and cute are.

My biggest pet peeve are people that have to make noise, whether it's whistling, humming or tapping. Drives me nuts! :scared:

I can overlook the occasional misuse. I'm sure I've probably been typing too fast before and flubbed up once or twice, but some of my Facebook friends do it on a regular basis. That's what drives me bonkers. :rotfl2:

I can overlook the occasional misuse. I'm sure I've probably been typing too fast before and flubbed up once or twice, but some of my Facebook friends do it on a regular basis. That's what drives me bonkers. :rotfl2:

When the phrase "Your to funny!" comes up then I know it's not a typo ;)

With a long (cover your rear) shirt, sweater, etc. or under a skirt/dress.

Yes, but they are still your "pants" if you are just wearing them with a shirt or a sweater. I've never understood the "leggings are not pants" thing, either. Someone people probably shouldn't be wearing them as pants, but that doesn't mean others can't.

Yes, but they are still your "pants" if you are just wearing them with a shirt or a sweater. I've never understood the "leggings are not pants" thing, either. Someone people probably shouldn't be wearing them as pants, but that doesn't mean others can't.
A really long shirt like a sweater dress. Which I guess just falls under dresses. Leggings are like casual/active wear tights or pantyhose. You wouldn't wear pantyhose without covering your rear. Edited to add: some girls can pull off the big button down or blouse with leggings, but the shirt is as long as some dresses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter