Where is a good spot for dining with teenagers?

blu15

Earning My Ears
We are going to be at WDW soon and need to know a favorite place to eat with teenagers?

We are going to be at WDW soon and need to know a favorite place to eat with teenagers?

If they are boys then buffets are a big hit! Believe or not, the character buffet at 1900 Park Fare was fun. The stepsisters are a hoot and really played to my teenaged son.
My DS and DD like the 50's Prime Time at DHS. The Plaza at MK...they love the milkshakes. Yak & Yeti at AK and at Epcot, their favorite so far is Japan. These are all table service. If you are looking for a night a goofy fun and good (all you can eat) food, then I would suggest the Hoop De Doo Revue. We all had a great time there!
If you don't mind going to a resort, then both of the kids loved Kona at the Polynesian. We try new restaurants on every trip and these are the ones that they really enjoyed. :goodvibes

My suggestions for teens would be:
Sci-Fi (atmosphere) or 50's Prime Time (milkshakes)
Whispering Canyon (fun atmosphere)
Ohana (great food)
San Angel Inn (the atmosphere is cool)

Ohana has amazing food and comes out family style...and they would like the atmosphere there.
Boma has amazing food and is a buffet, no characters though
Teppan Edo has good food and is entertaining (they cook in front of your table)

And if you are picking a character meal, then go with Crystal Palace... its the best one!

My daughters favorites are:
'Ohana at the Polynesian hotel
Planet Hollywood in Downtown Disney
Cape May Buffet at the Beach Club

We keep trying to different restraunts each time we go. This last time DD16 picked SciFi. My husband and I personally didn't like it but both DD16 and DD21 loved it. They both enjoy Rainforest either downtown or AK and they are both seafood lovers so liked Cape May. They always want to eat at Biergarten and Crystal Palace. What I have done is let them look at the places and each time they each pick one. There are no really good themed teen aged restaraunts I think it depends on what kind of theme an cuisine they like.

i have two teens (and traveled last summer w/many more)... believe it or not, these are consistently their faves:
Teppan Edo
Hoop Dee Doo
Garden Grill
Chef Mickeys
Wishes Dessert Party (not a meal but an awesome experience)
The Plaza
Sci Fi Dine In

Some great places to go with teens:

-50's Prime-Time Cafe at Hollywood Studios

-Teppan Edo, The Garden Grill, and the Beirgarten at EPCOT

-O'Hana's

-The Hoop-de-do Revue

And if you're in the mood for a challenge- or simply something sweet- head to Beaches and Cream in the Yacht and Beach Club and order the Kitchen Sink- most fun experience we ever had! DS15, and DD18 LOVED it!!

My DS16 favorite thing about going to WDW is the FOOD. I didn't think you can go wrong. It's all good. He loves buffets but I HATE them. So I try to find places that have all you can eat but aren't buffets. We all loved Whispering Canyon Cafe. They have all you can drink milkshakes! And surprising good food!

Last trip we tried all new places to eat, I tried to step out of our comfort zone. I'm so glad we did. A new favorite is Teppan Edo.

We tried Restaurant Marrakesh. My DS16 liked it. I was cool to try something completely new. Oh and they had belly dancers. :rolleyes:

My DS16 makes me eat at Tutto's every time, not sure why. It's ok.

My son just isn't into WDW has much as I am. But I can always talk him into going once I start talking about the food.

He doesn't like the world showcases but I love them. He decided to eat his way around them. He tries snack or drinks.

PS: he not fat just a pig! :laughing: I wish I could still eat that way!!

Ohana's at Poly is awesome. All you can eat wings, and meat on a stick is always a good way to go!

Thanks for all your advice! I think we will try the Sci Fi and Planet Hollywood for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter