Where in in FLA/CALI can Canadians get a COVID TEST

Just called Walgreens on Katella. They dont test, but the pharmacist said other Walgreens in the area do. And Canadians can be tested, even without insurance. On the hunt. Will post back when I find one!
I didn’t call, but according to the website I can book for a PCR test at the Katella CVS.

My concern is can these testing sites , Walgreens etc, keep up with the demand of Canadian and international travellers needing covid tests to return home. There will be thousands of people needing tests and what happens if you can't get one done in time or even find a place to do one.

My concern is can these testing sites , Walgreens etc, keep up with the demand of Canadian and international travellers needing covid tests to return home. There will be thousands of people needing tests and what happens if you can't get one done in time or even find a place to do one.
I would think that if demand increases with the Canadian border opening to vaccinated US citizens that more locations (Walgreens, CVS, etc) will start offering the testing. There are lots of CVS and Walgreens locations so I’m not concerned about finding a testing location, it just may not end up being the location closest to where we’re staying. I’ll definitely secure an appointment as soon as I can as opposed to hoping for a walk up appointment though. Looks like the CVS I’m looking at is booking a couple of weeks out.

I didn’t call, but according to the website I can book for a PCR test at the Katella CVS.
Just checking, is the 'Katella CVS' in CA or FL? I'm googling looking for a location near WDW in FL but 'Katella CVS' appears to be in California. LOL, that would be quite the taxi ride!

This isn't my thread so not my call but I'm wondering with the border reopening if it would be beneficial to have 2 separate threads to assist people sharing locations they've found for testing? A California post and a Florida post?

Just checking, is the 'Katella CVS' in CA or FL? I'm googling looking for a location near WDW in FL but 'Katella CVS' appears to be in California. LOL, that would be quite the taxi ride!
Sorry the one I’m referring to is in California! Definitely a very long taxi ride!

I would think that if demand increases with the Canadian border opening to vaccinated US citizens that more locations (Walgreens, CVS, etc) will start offering the testing. There are lots of CVS and Walgreens locations so I’m not concerned about finding a testing location, it just may not end up being the location closest to where we’re staying. I’ll definitely secure an appointment as soon as I can as opposed to hoping for a walk up appointment though. Looks like the CVS I’m looking at is booking a couple of weeks out.

Do you happen to know what the cost is for us to get the test done at CVS in the states? We are in the same boat and will look at using the CVS (or Walgreens) for our planned trip at the end of August. And assuming we need to book a taxi as it seems to mostly be drive through?

Do you happen to know what the cost is for us to get the test done at CVS in the states? We are in the same boat and will look at using the CVS (or Walgreens) for our planned trip at the end of August. And assuming we need to book a taxi as it seems to mostly be drive through?
I don’t but I’ve seen reports that the Walgreens testing is free so I’m hoping it’s the same for CVS? I’m fine paying a fee if it’s required but free would be nice! It does say that you’re required to be in a vehicle so taxi is my plan.

Orlando International Airport has announced that its COVID-19 vaccination site has closed. In a tweet, Orlando International apologized for the short notice. It also provided a link to additional vaccination locations in the Orlando area.
Is the testing site still open though?

For drive thru testing places you need to take a taxi rather than Uber. Taxis can/will keep the meter running while waiting. Ubers are a flat rate from point A to point B... they are not going to wait around.

Disney did have testing basically onsite but it closed down a few months ago.
I was planning on using uber; this is news to me...thanks. What taxi companies are there down there?

As discussed in other "travel boards", at this time, Canadians get tested for free at sites such as Walgreens and CVS as anyone without insurance has the test paid for Uncle Sam/the State of Florida. For Walgreens, you want the Rapid Diagnostic Test (idNow). This test is performed on-site (ie not sent to the lab), so the 24 hours turnaround time has been fairly reliable. As mentioned upthread, Uber drivers are not prevented from taking such trip, but given how little they are paid for wait time... they may not be really happy with you and might want to drop you off. Now, with case count going up, the smart thing to do is to book such test in advance

As far as booking ahead, I tried booking Walgreens near old Town: it looks like you can only book 3 days in advance...anyone know if that's true for all Walgreens (l assume so).

Also, I got to the point where I can select a time slot; If my wife and I are taking a taxi, any word on how lenient they are with arriving at the exact time?

Has anyone found any around Disneyland/Anaheim yet? I was looking on Walgreens site and they don't offer the NAAT test in California (not in Anaheim or the surrounding areas anyway). They offer PCR but of course can't guarantee a timely turn around for tests.

What is the difference between the NAAT and the PCR? Is the NAAT less invasive?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter