Where I am lately...

RustManFan

devoted to all things Disney!!
Up until recently I was available 24/7 practically to work on your requests. I only told Penny but I was laid off in May 2010 and either I had the wrong experience, too much experience or previously made too much money everywhere I looked for a job....and that is what I was after. A JOB, not a career...I had that for 26 years with the same company and was tossed aside...as were a number of my co-workers. We all had many years of experience and thus made the most money.

Living on unemployment definitely taught me that I could get by with less and wish I had saved more along the way. All those vacations to WDW, Hawaii and Great Britain (not to mention "stuff" from QVC and Amazon) were well worth it though!! But now I am ready to save up for travel again!!

Anyway, my point is that one of the places I interviewed for a full time position months ago called me out of the blue and offered me a 6-9 month temporary position. This is my 3rd week at the new job. Many people from my former company are here and more than willing to recommend me if this can turn permanent in the future. It is only 4 miles from home....convenient!!

Everyone keep their fingers crossed and please realize why my requests aren't being finished as quickly as they were. DISBOARDS is definitely still a high priority when I get home from work.....though I am still adjusting to the hours and the need to actually get dressed and out the door by a specific time which might require an occasional nap! :lmao:

I'm so happy for you. I'm fairly new to the boards so don't know you all that well, but I went through an unemployment spell myself and totally know how that goes.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns into a permanent gig for ya!:goodvibes

Congratulations! I hope it becomes a permanent opportunity for you! With this economy...it is nice to hear that people are still finding jobs even if they are temporary. Best wishes in your new job!

I am so glad that you were able to find a job. I know how tough it can be. I will keep my fingers crossed that this becomes permanent. Best wishes!

Congrats :yay: I really hope that it works out and that is something that you love. Also just want to say THANK YOU for all the work that you have done on here. You have helped to make so many people's dreams come true with your designs. I hope that in return that your dreams come true.

Prayers that this job becomes permanent! Thanks for all you've shared with us!

I wish the best for you. You are a very generous person. I hope your work ethic and loyalty are appreciated.

That is awesome that you got a new job! Even a temporary one for now could lead to something permanent.

We're so thankful for whatever you do for others here on the boards and totally understand that you probably won't be able to do as much as before (or at least not with such a quick turnaround.)

Good luck with everything! We're rooting for you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter