Where have you used your DVC points at besides Disney World

KristiP

Mouseketeer
We have used our DVC points for HHI and A in Hawaii we have also used them to stay at Keystone CO. We are trying to plan a trip this summer and we aren't planning to go to Disney World. I would like to know where other people have used their points and if they liked it.

HHI and VB are the only non WDW places we've used ours. It was nice to try both places out but we prefer HHI (and added on points there). We hope to get to Aulani someday.

We stayed at VGC in June and really liked it. We do plan on trying out VB, HHI, and Aulani some time.

VCG, GCH before there was a VGC. PPH once when the VCG was booked.

The Fairmont in SF. Before that the White Swan Hotel in SF (twice). The Del Coronado in SD. The Plaza in NYC.

All of those outside Disney hotels were many many years ago; I think before they changed to the current exchange program.

We loved Aulani!!!!!!! :) I am looking for somewhere new to go this summer we have 150 points I need to use by September.. I am just looking for new ideals

Has anyone every stayed at the Resort that's you can trade in for at Lake Tahoe

We've used our points at Vero, Grand Cal (both Villas and Hotel before the Villas) and Aulani. We have a reservation booked at the Manhattan Club for this coming Thx -- this is our first time using DVC points outside Disney.

Beyond that, we've gone nearly everywhere using RCI/II through our other timeshares. This year we enjoyed two back-to-back weeks in South Africa via RCI exchanges. Both weeks were in large "chalet" style units (standalone buildings, no shared walls with neighboring units). Great vacation!

Many of our RCI/II/other timeshare highlights are captured in the thread, "Memorable trips outside Disney," March 2010.

We've used our points at the White Swan Inn in San Francisco when the was on the Concierge Collection way back when. Other wise we have rented the points out and stayed at other non Disney resorts.

We have used our points for 18 or so DCL cruises, HHI, VB, Aulani, Las Vegas (back when it was the exchange company II instead or RCI), Harbor Springs MI (near Mackinaw Island), Paradise Pier, VGC and a Concierge Hotel in NY which is no longer available. We use our points for everything to do with travel. We have enjoyed every use of our points and believe the best is yet to come...love DVC!

Thanks for all the info BWVbound my husband and I spent a week in Yosemite and Northern Cal this summer and loved it I saw a lot of trips to Cali on your list. I also saw Yellowstone on your list how does Yellowstone compare to Yosemite.

We've used our points in HH a couple of times, we also stayed in SC at the Charleston Place when that was part of the concierge collection. We traded tour points through RCI for a week in Sedona, Az. That was a great trip!

Plan on giving our DD her honeymoon in Aulani in a couple of years and we'd like to get to Paris/London within two or three years.

All that being said and done, there's no place like home to us....BWV and AKV :goodvibes

We have used our points for stays at:
DVC - HHI & VB
RCI - Ft Myers & Ft Lauderdale
Concierge Collection - Miami (Doral) & Grove Park Inn, Asheville NC
DCL - 6 cruises fully or partially on points with one more scheduled

HHI, VB, VGC
Disneyland Hotel
Tokyo Disney--Miracosta
DCL cruises (full or partial)
NYC apartment style hotel (formerly in CC)

After 18 years of DVC, WDW is one of our least favorite places to vacation; rethinking the value of DVC for us...

HHI, VB, VGC, and Aulani
GC, PP, and DL hotel at DLR (all before VGC)
Newport Bay at Disneyland Paris

I use my other timeshares for travel outside of Disney

Thanks for the info we only have one timeshare and that's DVC so that's the only one we have to use. I love Disney World but we can only afford one big trip a year and we would like for our kids to see lots of places.

Thanks for the info we only have one timeshare and that's DVC so that's the only one we have to use. I love Disney World but we can only afford one big trip a year and we would like for our kids to see lots of places.
Understood. MANY of the resorts/destinations listed in the thread linked in my prior reply are available to you through the DVC/RCI relationship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter