• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where have you been that was worth your trade?

mickeymom629

DIS Veteran
I love going to WDW because it offers so much for everyone, so I can't really imagine trading my points to go other places even though that was one of the benefits we appreciated having when we joined DVC. But with all the deals you can get these days to other places, is there any reason to use your DVC points for them?

So, I'd like to know where others have been that has compared to the quality of DVC "homes" and have been worth trading points for.

BTW, we own 150 pts. at HH and 50 at VB and have 4 children so we always need two bedrooms.

I wish DVC would build more properties in other destinations so that we would know that we were getting the quality we expect when we stay elsewhere :)

We been to Big Cedar Lodge and I love it there.
The rooms are large and the ones we trade into all face a little lake thingy with a waterfall.
The service is outstanding. The grounds are beautiful.
It actually made the list for on of the best hotels in the world from Great Hotels and Resorts magazien.

We did the Sagamore...and I felt it was worth the points....then again the points weren't mine :) I rented them from someone on here for $5 so it was a really good deal.

Sending my parents to Aruba at Marriott Ocean Club...so we'll see how that one turns out.

We exchanged for a 2 bedroom resort in Cancun - the Royal Caribbean......these were points we hadn't used due to a tough pregnancy, so they probably would have gone to waste. Great resort, though!!! Although, I've learned since that I could have rented a week from an owner at a fairly low price, so was it worth it??

I still say yes, because it was a great resort in a new location (for us!)

Kim

We have traded to the Plaza in NYC and Jefferson in Washington, DC. They were both good trades in my opinion. We have also traded several times to Marriott properties- CA, HH, and have one in Oct to Williamsburg, VA. We love the option to trade. We have not traded to Big Cedar Lodge but plan to. I have friends that stayed there on their honeymoon and thought it was great.

Agreed with Big Cedar Lodge. VERY nice. It's just 10 minutes south of Branson, MO, right on the lake. Owned by Bass Pro Shops. Beautiful cabins!

Did an II 'swap' to Grand Timber Lodge at Breckenridge Co. Great location, right at the base of the lift. Resort was okay, still under construction, this was 2 years ago.

hacienda del mar in P.R. it is a Hyatt trade. The rooms were new and they have got a fantastic pool area that might rivial SB. Big water slide, huge river pool, great beach lagoon. Good restuarants. THe hotel portion rents out for 399 a night. the back of the 2bd room doors said 1500 night. I thought that was a fair trade.

We,ve traded out to White Swan Inn in San Francisco and we loved it. Will be going back this Sept. with in-laws.:p

I just came back from a trade in Williamsburg. I was actually in the sequel portion of the Marriott at Ford's Colony and had a wonderful time. It was an educational spring break adventure for my 10 year old and I. We had a one bedroom for seven days. I thought it was worth it. If I played golf and it was May or June I'd say it might surpass DVC since you have access to the country club and free golf staying there. But I don't play so I'll call it an even deal.

i got a getaway to Marriott's Grande Ocean at HH - beautiful resort.

I have used my Westgate to Marriott's Manor CLub at Ford Colony in Williamsburg - I didn't like it - now if you love golf you will love this resort - but if you are there for Col WIlliamburg or the national parks - Jamestown - then you are very far away (in my opinion).

I have like both Marriott's Grande Ocean and Marriott's Grande Vista more. (my opinion)

Originally posted by BillPA
Did an II 'swap' to Grand Timber Lodge at Breckenridge Co. Great location, right at the base of the lift. Resort was okay, still under construction, this was 2 years ago.

How many points for this and how many bedrooms? Ie. how many did this condo sleep? Which base area was this?

We've done the Plaza twice and the seven day cruise. Both well worth it. I've stayed at Ford's Colony before and we're looking forward to trading for there in the next couple of years.

This resort in Asheville, NC is wonderful, beautiful and very historic. Well worth the trip!

Louis

Oh my gosh

Big Cedar Lodge is awesome!!!!

Please go if you have a chance.

I want to buy into the timeshare there if I
win the lottery!

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter