Where have the late night EMH gone???

We are going in June and I do see evening EMH at MK on Wednesdays 10:00 to 12:00. I know they will extend the hours so I would say it will be open past midnight.
I'm really wondering when they will extend the hours for June. Do they wait til like a month ahead?

Do you think a Disney value resort is worth $177/night? That's just one I've seen lately, not even in peak season.

I think Disney forgets people are paying extra for onsite rooms for a reason.

And they already tried alternate season hard ticket parties. Fans loved it, Disney hated it because they couldn't pack the park to the same level they do for Halloween and Christmas.

Disney might *think* they can save on staffing by cutting EMH. But what they save they could end up losing when guests move offsite.

Disney resorts will lose me if they cut emh. I have an annual pass so the free parking resorts offer does nothing for me.
We usually rent a car because personally, we've had some really bad bus experiences lately and feel it is quicker to drive ourselves to every park save mk.

We used to love the moderates when we could book one for $100 a night, but that seems to be a thing of the past. I feel soon finding a value for under $100 a night will be gone too.

Disney resorts will lose me if they cut emh. I have an annual pass so the free parking resorts offer does nothing for me.
We usually rent a car because personally, we've had some really bad bus experiences lately and feel it is quicker to drive ourselves to every park save mk.

We used to love the moderates when we could book one for $100 a night, but that seems to be a thing of the past. I feel soon finding a value for under $100 a night will be gone too.

They would lose me too. I haven't stayed offsite in over a decade. But that would do it.

They would lose me too. I haven't stayed offsite in over a decade. But that would do it.
There is just price increases all over the tourist industry.

You can barely find a "good" hotel of the quality of Holiday Inn Express/Hampton Inn, La Quinta, etc. for under $100/night. I am shocked when traveling across country what your typical hotels cost to what normally amounts to just a bed to sleep in and breakfast for 12 hours. Unless you want to risk staying at a budget motel, hotel stays are just getting expensive.

Just look them up. A typical "off the freeway" 2.5 star hotel (that offers a continental breakfast) .. nowhere near a major tourist destination ... can be $80-120/night during the middle of the week. I used to enjoy "splurging" on a Hampton Inn every now and then for $80-90 .. now I am lucky to find one for under $110! (on average)

When I stayed at Pop Century last late August (after a 20% off promotion) and got rooms at around $80+/night I was pleasantly surprised at that value. I paid more one night to stay at hotel in Georgia on the way to Florida than a Disney on-site hotel.

Do you think a Disney value resort is worth $177/night? That's just one I've seen lately, not even in peak season.

I think Disney forgets people are paying extra for onsite rooms for a reason.

And they already tried alternate season hard ticket parties. Fans loved it, Disney hated it because they couldn't pack the park to the same level they do for Halloween and Christmas.

Disney might *think* they can save on staffing by cutting EMH. But what they save they could end up losing when guests move offsite.
I just stayed at All Star Sports on Sunday, Monday, Tuesday night for $89 per night with AP discount. Though I have seen the price you are quoting for busy times. Now that's what I'd call surge pricing and it's coming to park tickets soon.

My prediction next ticket price increase Disney will put back EMH's so it lessens the pain to the ticketbuyers!

EMH are probably not going anywhere, anytime soon. Yes they will be diminished in off season, but it is a huge selling point to those who are on the bubble of staying on site vs offsite. I'm sure Disney has watched attendance closely and adjusted times to usage.

I also guess Disney waits to release EMH so they can gauge predicted crowds. Buser times should warrant more hours. I can't recall a time that I've gone, that did not have at least one park a day with EMH.

You can never really ask if the room/accommodations on-site are "worth it." Of course not.
There are perks for staying onsite but $200+ for some of these rooms is highway robbery. Just look at other hotels with a lot better grounds.

The factor I haven't seen discussed is park hoppers. If we don't have APs we opt to add hoppers and plan one park for the day and then hop to the EMH evening park. This is especially important for our early Dec. trips when MK closes early so many nights for the MVMCP - the few nights MK is open late are packed and @ least with late EMH the crowd thins and we can ride a lot of rides w/out the insane standby times. W/out EMH it wouldn't make sense for us to waste money on hoppers as there'd be no place to hop to.

We travel from the west coast and don't wake up in time for am EMH, but do use evening EMH heavily - midnight being 9 pm 'our time.' The EMH has been an important factor in deciding to stay on site. Now that we own DVC we stay on site anyway, but even before we owned we definitely factored EMH into our decisions to stay on site.

Disney could change the extra magic hours benefit for onsite guests, in order to bring it back for MK nights, like before the recently announced cost-cutting. They could automatically include the EMH if you pay rack rate for your room. A discounted room could have the EMH benefit added to their tickets for say $10 per day. The extra charge(like for park hopping) would more than cover the cost of EMH, & the guest would be happy to have their EMH--especially the late night ones @ MK--back. Guests wouldn't have to worry about only one nighttime MK EMH time during their stay. They would be willing to pay for the benefit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter