• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where everybody knows Bill’s Name *New 4/6 A picture with a DISer & pimping my PTR**

......Oh, and one more thing....

I agree with you....doesn't there seem to be an awful lot of lurkers lately??? :confused3

Kathy

This trip was too short! I'm sure you and Bill thought so, too. Narcoossee's is so yummy and I agree with Bill about the cheesecake, mmm. I can't wait for December so I can see all the Christmas stuff myself!

Hi Tracy. Another great intallment. I love GF, my favorite resort, it was where my husband and I stayed on our first trip together so it has special memories for me. And my son got engaged on the balcony there last month so it will forever have added meaning now. I'll never be able to eat a Narcoosees again without thinking about you guys and the wandering steak. :rotfl:

Your crowd free day at Epcot looks amazing. It certainly didn't look like that in January. And thanks for the warning on the sesame chicken salad as that is exactly what I would order there; now I'll know better.

Sorry your trip (and report) is winding down. It's always a joy to read about your adventures.

Hi Pakey!! Aww congrats to your son!! What wonderful memories of the GF!! Epcot was really amazing that day. Thank you so much for reading.

:snooty: I knew it all along.....

Tracy, when you started telling us about the fallen steak, I swear I was thinking the same thing, "Where's Ace when you need him?" :rotfl:

I don't know why, but we've never been inside the China Pavillion, either? :confused3 Well, on one trip it was being refurbed, but I have no excuse not to see it next time! So beautiful!

Isn't it fun doing new things? It kind of justifies the need for more trips, no?

Kathy

:rotfl: The China Pavillion is really beautiful. It was so nice just strolling around and looking at things. Yes it does justify more trips, but who needs justification!!

......Oh, and one more thing....

I agree with you....doesn't there seem to be an awful lot of lurkers lately??? :confused3

Kathy

Yes there does seem to be, why aren't people talking??

This trip was too short! I'm sure you and Bill thought so, too. Narcoossee's is so yummy and I agree with Bill about the cheesecake, mmm. I can't wait for December so I can see all the Christmas stuff myself!

:lmao: I think the trips are all too short, I need more time in WDW!! That cheesecake was evil!! We are there in December too, I can't wait to check out some of the resort decorations this time.

Tues. Nov. 18th, 2008

We slept until 9am, I packed the rest of our stuff and called the luggage handlers. I saw a mousekeeper right next to our room and told her to please take the left over water and Mt. Dew. She said thank you very much she would share it with her co-workers. Then we started walking to Everything Pop.

**A little background on me this trip. I get annoyed when I see someone throw something on the ground at WDW. There are trash cans visible everywhere, legend has it that Walt Disney ate a hot dog in Disneyland and counted how many steps it took to finish it. It took him about 25 steps, which is roughly the spacing used in every Disney park today. Sometimes people accidently drop things and are not intentionally littering, but sometimes people think it is ok to just throw stuff down because a CM will pick it up. On this trip, if I saw something on the ground I would pick it up and put it in the trash can, some people looked at me like I was insane, some people (person – Bill) laughed at me, calling me a CMW (cast member wannabe). I did it because I wanted to. I did it because it is Walt’s World and I will do my part in keeping it beautiful. Why am I babbling on about this?? Read on…**

We got a late breakfast at the food court where we shared a French toast platter, I got a fruit cup too. We chitchatted about the trip, how we were happy to be seeing Ace the next day, what Christmas with his parents would be like etc. We saw a CM cleaning tables around us most of the time we were there. He smiled and said hello. I love how friendly people are at WDW, it just puts a smile on my face. We got up to leave so I took the tray to throw the trash away and the CM passed by me with a cart filled with things he would use to restock the napkins etc. As he passed by me, an empty plastic bag fell off his cart. I threw away our trash and went back, picked up the bag and threw it away.

We were started to walk out and heard “excuse me”. I turned around and there was the CM standing there, he said that he had seen me pick up the bag and wanted to thank me for it. I told him it was no problem at all. He said he wanted to thank me by giving me this:

011.jpg

A Pixie Dust Pin!! Yep, Mr. Bill, Mr. Make Fun of Tracy for Picking Up the Trash, I GOT A PIXIE DUST PIN!!!, but I am not bragging or anything. Beaming and happy with my genuine Pixie Dust Pin we went to the bus stop, I kept putting it up in Bill’s face to show it to him, you know so he could see it better. The bus to AK just didn’t seem to want to come so we switched plans and hopped on a DHS bus.

We got to DHS and saw this pretty tree:

WDW11-08865.jpg

We were going to the Tip Board to see how long the wait for TSM was, but we saw this:

WDW11-08867.jpg

It was an under (ground)cover cop!! (Oh stop groaning, I am high on a soda right now, I haven’t drunk one in so long I am loopy as I am writing this. Just smile, shake your head at me and keep reading.)

After we walked past the tree, we saw the wait was over 60 minutes. No TSM for us!! We saw many Streetmosphere people out and since we never took the time to watch them we decided to this trip.

First we saw Babs Fabulous, I asked if she would take a picture with Bill, she said of course, as she was stepping down from her car the wind blew up and she almost lost her hat:

WDW11-08868.jpg

Of course being the actress she is she starts screaming at the top of her lungs – My Hat!!! My HAT!!! over and over again. I was cracking up and so was Bill. She decided to let Bill try the hat on:

WDW11-08869.jpg

So you know by now I am dying laughing, she is going on and on about how Bill could be her double and work for her so she could take vacations, she asked if he liked her award:

WDW11-08870.jpg

I am kicking myself for not taking video of this.

WDW11-08871.jpg

Then she proceeds to start yelling at guests as they are walking saying that Bill is her twin:

WDW11-08873.jpg

WDW11-08874.jpg

It was time to leave our starlet and we ran into Officer William Club:

WDW11-08875.jpg

We were going to go to Beauty and the Beast again and started walking that way. We saw some more Streetmosphere people:

WDW11-08877.jpg

I don’t know their names because right before we were going to get closer, Babs started coming down the road tooting her horn:

WDW11-08876.jpg

She starts screaming: “BILL, BILL” and everyone is looking at us, we are both laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes. Talk about a great last day!!

We looked in the Planet Hollywood store. I took this picture for my son, he loved the Planet Hollywood restaurant:

WDW11-08878.jpg

We went to Beauty and the Beast again. Am I wrong about this? Don’t they only kiss at the end? Because there was some PDA going on at this show:

WDW11-08899.jpg

They kissed there and again here:

WDW11-08904.jpg

Oh my goodness, I took another light fixture picture:

WDW11-08909.jpg

I think they are pretty.

Here is Bill being sad on the bus back to Pop:

WDW11-08910.jpg

We got our luggage and waited for the bus to come. Here are some pretty flowers by the waiting benches:

WDW11-08913.jpg

The Magical Express came and we were back to the airport. We got the traditional Gummy bears and had an uneventful flight, then drive home. Ace was picked up the next day and we are proud to say got another wonderful Report Card!!

Next installment…Misc. pictures and our final thoughts

OMG...the backdrop on this pic is just stunning. That really is a shame Bill's eyes were closed. I wish I had some Photoshop skills to help you on that one.

Now about that castle...see, I think what we need to do is set up a timeshare kind of thing with a deeded interest. We'll call it CCC (Cinderella's Castle Club). We all invest and get the castle for so many weeks/months per year. :rotfl: Every time I see that one I tell DH to buy it for me...he hasn't listened yet. He just laughs and rolls his eyes...yes, in my next lifetime I suppose. ;)

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :sad2: :sad1: :sad: :sad: :sad: It can't be over!!!

Tracy, another great report. Good job. You make me giggle, you're goofy like me. I love that you got a Pixie Dust pin!:thumbsup2 You're picking up food on the floor, cleaning up dropped garbage. You go down to Disney and get yourself a job girl! Thanks for including us in your memories. :hug:

OMG...the backdrop on this pic is just stunning. That really is a shame Bill's eyes were closed. I wish I had some Photoshop skills to help you on that one.

Now about that castle...see, I think what we need to do is set up a timeshare kind of thing with a deeded interest. We'll call it CCC (Cinderella's Castle Club). We all invest and get the castle for so many weeks/months per year. :rotfl: Every time I see that one I tell DH to buy it for me...he hasn't listened yet. He just laughs and rolls his eyes...yes, in my next lifetime I suppose. ;)

I thought it was beautiful too. I am kicking myself for not saying "ah no Mr. PP guy, more pictures please", from now on I will do that. I like your timeshare idea. Thank you for reading along.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :sad2: :sad1: :sad: :sad: :sad: It can't be over!!!

Tracy, another great report. Good job. You make me giggle, you're goofy like me. I love that you got a Pixie Dust pin!:thumbsup2 You're picking up food on the floor, cleaning up dropped garbage. You go down to Disney and get yourself a job girl! Thanks for including us in your memories. :hug:

Well just our food off the floor, not anyone elses ewww :rotfl:. I want to be a WDW reservationist! Thank you so much for following along with us. I really appreciate it.

Yay for you getting the Pixie Dust Pin! My dd got one at DHS last year (well, '07) with the second one on the card to give away. They are so pretty! I put it on a scrapbook page with a picture of her and Wendy, so we wouldn't ever lose the pin.

Bill is cracking me up with Babs! Tell him green is his color, although that hat reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara! :rotfl2: Wouldn't you love to have a little white car like that to tool around on?

I love that you got the pin! I feel the same way about the trash. It's a magical place, dreams come true, and I'm not going to let inconsiderate people treat it like that.

Wow, I sound crazy, huh? But it's true! :goodvibes

This sounds like the best trip, EVER. And totally what you two deserved after your last trip. I'm so loving the love for both of you.

OMG Tracy, the tears are rolling down my face right now from the laughter of Bill in that big green hat. I think you should get an 8 x 10 of that, frame it and put it front and center at your house. I know, it's wonderful you got a Pixie Pin, but Bill got the big green hat. No comparison.

:sad1: Tracy, I'm so sad to see this come to a close already.
How special to receive the pixie dust pin!!! Couldn't think of anyone else that deserves it more.
The pictures of Bill in that hat were PRICELESS, what a great sport he is!
I will be looking foward to the final installment/recap. I enjoyed myself immensely!

The pin is wonderful!! It sounds like a great last morning - as far as last mornings go... :sad2:

Tracy, I'm so sad your report is over. Great last day though...fabulous pin, fabulous hat...he is totally "making it work" ala Tim Gunn from Project Runway! I love it! :thumbsup2

I love the light fixtures too! ;) No worries - you are in good company, my friend!

Looking forward to your recap, but I'm so glad that this trip went a little bit more smoothly than your one with Amy. :sad1: Thanks for sharing another wonderful adventure with us!

Sara

Yay for you getting the Pixie Dust Pin! My dd got one at DHS last year (well, '07) with the second one on the card to give away. They are so pretty! I put it on a scrapbook page with a picture of her and Wendy, so we wouldn't ever lose the pin.

Bill is cracking me up with Babs! Tell him green is his color, although that hat reminds me of Scarlett O'Hara! :rotfl2: Wouldn't you love to have a little white car like that to tool around on?

Bill said he makes every color look good :rotfl2:. It was a great day.

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: Wow! Awesome! What a fabulous way to punctuate your trip!! pixiedust:pixiedust: pixiedust:

But, I'm a teeny bit sad, 'cuz now the report's over.

Kathy

I am sad too, it was a gret way to end the trip though. Thanks for reading.

I love that you got the pin! I feel the same way about the trash. It's a magical place, dreams come true, and I'm not going to let inconsiderate people treat it like that.

Wow, I sound crazy, huh? But it's true! :goodvibes

This sounds like the best trip, EVER. And totally what you two deserved after your last trip. I'm so loving the love for both of you.

Thank you for reading. You don't sound crazy, you sound a lot like me :rotfl:. It really did make up for the October trip.

OMG Tracy, the tears are rolling down my face right now from the laughter of Bill in that big green hat. I think you should get an 8 x 10 of that, frame it and put it front and center at your house. I know, it's wonderful you got a Pixie Pin, but Bill got the big green hat. No comparison.

We have a spare room that we are gonig to turn into an Disney office someday, I will make sure one of the Babs pictures is in there.

:sad1: Tracy, I'm so sad to see this come to a close already.
How special to receive the pixie dust pin!!! Couldn't think of anyone else that deserves it more.
The pictures of Bill in that hat were PRICELESS, what a great sport he is!
I will be looking foward to the final installment/recap. I enjoyed myself immensely!

Thank you so much for taking the time to read about us. Bill is a great sport he makes the best out of things.

The pin is wonderful!! It sounds like a great last morning - as far as last mornings go... :sad2:

The pin was a great surprise, thanks for reading.

Tracy, I'm so sad your report is over. Great last day though...fabulous pin, fabulous hat...he is totally "making it work" ala Tim Gunn from Project Runway! I love it! :thumbsup2

I love the light fixtures too! ;) No worries - you are in good company, my friend!

Looking forward to your recap, but I'm so glad that this trip went a little bit more smoothly than your one with Amy. :sad1: Thanks for sharing another wonderful adventure with us!

Sara

Hi Sara!! I am sad too. I am very happy it was a good trip I really needed it after the last one. Thanks for reading.

I have really enjoyed your trip report! I am so glad that your goodwill was rewarded with the Pixie Dust Pin! Between the pin and Babs and Bill it sounds like you had a perfect last day!

Great report - sorry to see it end.

I love the pictures of Bill in the hat - priceless!!

That pin is fantastic!!

Oh Tracy!

It can't be ooooooveeerrr! I so enjoyed reading your TR =) Man, I would love to vacation with you two. You guys seem like so much fun! How cool about your SSW experience. Everyone truly does know you two.. How cool! I love all of your pictures of you two with the actors. Please tell Bill that you guys fits right in with the rest of those stars! :)

And sooooo funny about the street actors. BIIILLLLLL! OOOHHHH BIIILL! I can just imagine her driving around shouting Bill's name. LOL! And I just realized.. Officer William Club? Billy Club! Yeeeesh.. am I slow-minded or what?! Take care!

Thurs. Nov. 13th, 2008 cont.

We finally made it to Soarin’, we really enjoy this ride, but they either need to thoroughly clean the screen or replace it, it was filthy, especially in the upper left side. It was not up to Disney standards at all :sad2: !!

We had never been to Club Cool, so we went there. They have “Flavors from Around the World”:

WDW11-08227.jpg

I liked the watermelon one and another one, but I can’t remember the name. Bill seemed to like some of them too. Now here is where having a big mouth works against you. I had made the mistake of talking about Beverly before, even showing him pictures of my online friends relatives/friends drinking it, so there was no way he was going to try it. Nothing I could do or say could get him to try on taste of it. So I tried it, there are no pictures, but if you look at Scott’s picture from his trip report it will give you an idea of the face I made.

We left there and saw a hat display, since he didn’t try Beverly he caved in when I asked him to try on hats:

WDW11-08228.jpg

WDW11-08229.jpg

We went to the First Aid station; they have 3 different areas at this location:

Rooms with high beds:

WDW11-08231.jpg

Semi private areas with low beds:

WDW11-08232.jpg

Rooms with low beds:

WDW11-08233.jpg

After we left First Aid we started to go left towards Mexico to walk around to our destination of Japan for dinner. Before we even got to turn we ran into “Skipper Tim” from the Jungle Cruise, he remembered us from October and introduced his lovely wife, and gorgeous baby. We talked for a couple minutes, it was so nice of him to talk to us. So many CM’s seemed to remember us from the trip 3 weeks before it made us feel special.

We said our goodbyes and made our way toward Japan taking some pictures on the way:

WDW11-08234.jpg

WDW11-08237.jpg

WDW11-08239.jpg

I wasn’t sure where the elevator was and I also wanted to see the pick a pearl station so we headed inside a shop. I saw a woman get an 8½ mm pearl, it was beautiful. We found the elevator and made our way up. It wasn’t that long until the hostess asked us to follow her inside. We had a family from the New Jersey area (I think) sit with us, the rest of their party was at the table next to ours.

WDW11-08248.jpg

WDW11-08252.jpg

Wada was our chef for the evening:

WDW11-08256.jpg

WDW11-08258.jpg

We both ordered the steak and chicken. Wada talked and cooked, we got vegetables and noodles first:

WDW11-08261.jpg

He saw me cut up Bill’s food. (I do this because Bill's left hand is the only one that is functional and it is somewhat limited. I also do this because of the Cerebral Palsy, it effects his swallowing capabilities sometimes.) When it came time for the steak and the chicken, he cut Bill’s up for him. He said I was on vacation and it was up to him to take care of it. That was so nice, I was very touched.

For dessert Bill got the Chocolate Ginger Cake and I had the Fruit Tart:

WDW11-08263.jpg

WDW11-08262.jpg

We both loved the food and will be going back. When we left we came outside and saw the most amazing full moon. I wish I had a camera that could have taken a picture of how fantastic it looked over the World Showcase, it was mesmerizing. This is the picture I ended up with:

WDW11-08265.jpg

We walked around for a bit and then started making our way to the wheelchair accessible location for Illuminations. We picked up a funnel cake on the way, we hadn’t had one there before and it was on our “to do” list. The college program CM at the wheelchair area was great. He was very personable and really seemed to be enjoying his job.

He let a couple in that had a service dog with them. The man was in a manual wheelchair, they owned DVC. They were very nice, we chit chatted about going around Disney in a wheelchair, the dog Max does many things including pulling the gentleman around Disney World when he gets tired. Max was a handsome black lab. He was very friendly, came right up to Bill and I, he just put his huge head in my lap. He weighed about 80lbs. When he laid down he put his head on Bill’s feet. I can not believe I didn’t take pictures of this magnificent creature. Other people started showing up and he made the rounds meeting people. Then he came back by us, he seemed to go to sleep, that is until Bill started coughing, his head jerked up completely alert and just stared at Bill with compassionate eyes making sure he was ok. It was something to see.

The fireworks didn’t bother him one bit and after they were over he climbed up on the bench between the lady and I. We thought he was going to cuddle up with her, but no he laid his head my lap like he had known me forever. It made me miss Ace :sad: , but he was so sweet and he just let me love on him. It was time for them to go and we said our goodbyes.

We didn’t start walking out until about 9:50pm. We love staying back and letting the crowds filter out. That way it feels like we are almost alone in the World Showcase when we are leaving. I really hate to leave there when it feels like it is just us. The beauty of the entire night was magical, the full moon, the music, the feeling like it was our own peace of Heaven, I just love that feeling.

Then we walked up to the Pop bus stop. The first thing I always do is take a count of how many wheelchair/ECV’s there are. That way I know how long a wait there will be. There were 5 people on wheels in front of us, no big deal, we have all night. Many people wait a long time for a bus, we like to lag behind so the rush of the leaving crowds don’t effect us as badly. A bus pulled up, loaded 2 of the WC’s and another bus pulled up beside it and loaded more people. That took care of many guests very quickly. They then pulled away and another bus pulled up took more guests and 2 more wheelchair/ECV’s. Then another bus pulled up behind it and took us and another wheelchair user that had wheeled up. Our bus CM, Tommy was very professional, polite, and just a great guy. By the time we loaded, there was no one else in the queue, so us and the other couple had the bus to ourselves. We were in the room by 10:45pm.

Next installment…old favorites and wandering around

O.k. I was waiting till I was caught up to comment but this post made me break my rule!!!;) First of all my heart just kind of swelled up about the chef. How sweet was that!! Without a big production and all. Makes me want to find him and hug him when we go there. I'm hoping for an ADR there. I'm making my list now.

And then the service dog. That just makes me more determined to get Braeton one. A therapist we know that has Cerebral Palsy herself has had one for 10 years now and Cookie is just amazing!!!! She knows things to help her with before she even goes to do them. They just connect. We are hoping to get a puppy in the next year and then Braeton and the dog will do training together. From what all I understand if we do it that way it will be about 2 years training but not quite as expensive.

I wish ya'll were going in Aug. DH and I are going Yes by ourselves. Yes I'm having a guilt trip. Poor Braeton. DHs best friend is getting married then and we are making it into the Honey moon we never had. We've been married for 11 years and have NEVER went away by ourselves so it's about time. Plus with the year we've had i know we need it. But still with it being Disney and B loves it so much well.... the only way I can do this is DH agreed we'll have to save and plan and bring both the boys back in the next year or so!! I want to do while Tyler can still get the child prices!!!;) :laughing:

Love this TR as I have with all your TRs and girl You better NEVER stop writing them or change your style. We love you just the way you are!!!!!:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter