• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where does your toddler sleep?

Ragnrok23

DIS Veteran
staying in a 1 bedroom at BLT with my mom in October. We have a 1 yr old and a 2.5 yr old. The older one is still in a crib at home, but at 35 inches and 30+ lbs I'm thinking he's too big for the pack and play (plus the baby will already be using it). My mom will be using the pull out sofa. Any suggestions? He's never slept in bed with us, so not sure he would even do that if we tried.

Ill put both of my twins in a queen bed together at pofq. Works well when we are on trips.. They sleep in seperate toddler beds at home but in the same room.

Another option is an inflatable toddler bed assuming you have the room to pack it. We used one at BLT with our 3 y/o last spring

Would he be okay sleeping on the pullout chair?

I was thinking that, but since he's still in a crib I'm a little nervous he'll roll off

Ill put both of my twins in a queen bed together at pofq. Works well when we are on trips.. They sleep in seperate toddler beds at home but in the same room.

My mom is going to use the pullout, so we don't have that option

Another option is an inflatable toddler bed assuming you have the room to pack it. We used one at BLT with our 3 y/o last spring

We could do that, we were thinking of bringing his sleeping bag, we tried that a few months ago, it didn't work well because he kept rolling away from the wall, then waking up because he was "lost" lol

Our DD was 7 when she used the sleeper chair and it was perfect, it would be perfect for a little one as well. We were able to move the sleeper chair into the master bedroom

I was thinking that, but since he's still in a crib I'm a little nervous he'll roll off

My mom is going to use the pullout, so we don't have that option

We could do that, we were thinking of bringing his sleeping bag, we tried that a few months ago, it didn't work well because he kept rolling away from the wall, then waking up because he was "lost" lol
They toddler inflatable beds have raised sides to prevent them from rolling off unlike a normal inflatable bed. We have the aerobed one but I know there are multiple ones made.

You can request bed rails that should keep him from falling out. Just ask for 2, one for each side of the pull out chair.

You can request bed rails that should keep him from falling out. Just ask for 2, one for each side of the pull out chair.
Do the bed rails work on the chair? If so that's great to know

There are vendors that rent (and deliver) full-sized cribs and toddler beds. We've used Baby's Best Friend in the past and it worked out great.

We put DGD in the pack and play at 2 1/2......38" and 40 pounds. She was fine.
Maybe you can ask for a second one? Or I would do the chair option if not.

We had our 2.5 year old in the queen size bed with me and let my wife relax on the other bed all to herself. Found out real quick my daughter tosses and turns all night -- I got kicked so many times that week!

Of course, worse comes to worst, you could also put some pillows down on the ground and let them sleep there -- or leave the pillows on the ground and put the kid in the bed and use the pillows as padding if they do fall.

Our DD was 7 when she used the sleeper chair and it was perfect, it would be perfect for a little one as well. We were able to move the sleeper chair into the master bedroom
DVC has asked that you not move the sleeper chair into another room and that you leave it in the living room. You can damage the flooring, the walls and the chair.

DVC has asked that you not move the sleeper chair into another room and that you leave it in the living room. You can damage the flooring, the walls and the chair.
A staff member actually moved it for us and then moved it back at the end of the week as well. Perhaps they no longer offer this

A staff member actually moved it for us and then moved it back at the end of the week as well. Perhaps they no longer offer this
I think you were just lucky. DVC really doesn't want the furniture moved around. It was never a service to be offered. You just got lucky.

I think you were just lucky. DVC really doesn't want the furniture moved around. It was never a service to be offered. You just got lucky.
Our adult children always rent cribs for their children. You can also rent bed rails.

Your mom could have the pullout chair and the toddler gets the sofa which you could beef up with pillows to prevent rollout.

Bed rails for the chair for the toddler.

I've read of DVC members using the closet in the master bedroom as a sleeping space for littles. Line the floor with sofa cushions or pillows or a sleeping bag.

Put pool noodles under the bottom sheet with the kiddo between them. They can't roll over them at night.

I guess so! A gentleman came to our room and settled us in and actually offered. We will be sure to use it in the family room in future visits

Bring a blow up toddler bed.

My will turn 3 on our trip toddler will be sleeping in a PnP in the 2nd bathroom. I had planned on using the blow up toddler bed in the bathroom like we did when her big sister was that age or using the pullout chair, but she prefers the PnP (she's 36 inches).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter