• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

where does your Board Name come from??

fkj2 is from the first initials of my mom's name, Frances, niece Kristin's, nephew Jeff's and myself, Janet. Because two of us had names beginning with the letter "J,", I became fkj2. They were my Disney travelling buddies back when we could all visit the world together.

Mine comes from me being a "maniac" for pinball machines. I started using the name pinmaniac online with AOL nearly 10 years ago and use it anywhere online it isn't already taken.

'patiruss'
My name is Patty and my husbands name is Russ. Original huh? When we joined AOL many moons ago, it seemed like a good idea. I now tend to stick with the user name for the sake of continuity.

This is an old nickname of mine, Tammy for my first name and Alphabet because I have two BS degrees, a MS and currently working on a Ph.D. My coworkers used to tease me that I had every letter in the alphabet after my last name. So, TammyAlphabet.

Simple!

DW and I used to alway stay at Deluxe Resorts, conceirge.
We were "converted" by renting points -- and have never looked back! :)

KelNottAt said:
I hate my post name. I wish I had picked something more clever. But, never having joined a discussion board before, I didn't know better.

LOL, me too. This is the first and still only discussion board I've been on. I really wish I had thought of a more creative name or at least one that didn't sound so...... Of course, I probably still couldn't come up with a good one! :confused3

Anyway, mine was created because I was so excited about joining DVC as brand new BCV owners on the day it opened for sale....Feb.3, 2002. So BCV23. It also references that we are a family of 2 parents and 3 offspring.

Here you go....

showgallery.php

Actually, I should probably have come up with something different, but I've used this name all over so it has kinda stuck. I have gotten quite a few people asking me where in Cuba I came from.... needless to say, I'm not from Cuba...

VA - born, raised and still live in Virginia
SCUBA - I'm a certified SCUBA diver
GUY - well, I hope that's obvious...

My name is Bill, and before retiring, I was an Engineer working for THIS company.

We used to travel to New Hampshire alot and there is a campground there named Jigger Johnson Campground. We never camped there but my last name is Johnson so it just kinda stuck. I havent been to NH in years (married under the Old Man of the Mountain when it was still there) but I seem to have have this screen name forever!

Pinmaniac said:
Mine comes from me being a "maniac" for pinball machines.
Some of my best, most vivid childhood memories revolve around Firepower, Black Knight, and Eight Ball Deluxe. I'd bike to the mall with a quarter, win about 20 games on black knight, and sell them for a dollar to one of the kids watching. Wow, those were the days - a bike, a quarter, and a pinball machine were all I needed for the day.

Thanks for spurring some fun childhood memories Pinmaniac. Ashame pinball is hard to find amongst all the video games these days.

Sorry for drifting OT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter