Where do you stay the night before?

kellyb2000

<font color=green>I admit it...my username is bori
I was checking the Radisson but to me that's a little steep. And it kinda aggravates me that they started charging $10 extra to park there. I figure I could get a room down on N. Atlantic Avenue and be on the strip and still get out a little bit cheaper. Has anyone stayed at the Econo Lodge? It's across the street from the beach, but still right in the middle of everything. Any comments. Keep in mind that it's just for one night and I'm thinking that when the time comes, I'll be so excited that I could sleep in a box and not care.

The Radisson has a Visit Florida special rate of $89 for a standard room with 2 double beds. I was able to snag this rate for July 5, the night before our cruise. I asked about the parking and the shuttle and they told me there was no charge. You might want to call them directly to ask. :D

We stayed at the Radisson at the airport the night before (plane got in at 1AM) then took DCL bus on Saturday morning. We then stayed there again the night after prior to catching an early/cheap flight on Sunday morning. They have a special rate through Sept (I think) of $69/night. The code was CQOQ - was included with a little flier in our bill.

The Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach is also in the $80 price range (if you have AAA or some other discount program). They have a very nice continental breakfast with a WIDE variety of items. The price seems a bit steep for a one-night-stop-over kind of place until you factor in the cost of eating breakfast out.

Our family of four can easily spend $25 for breakfast. Factor that in and you are actually down in the $50 price range for the room.

If you decide to stay near the airport rather than near the port, I highly recommend using Priceline. If you bid at the higest star level, you can usually get a place for $25 to $28. For that bid, we almost always end up at the MCO Marriott. We take the shuttle there at night (it runs 24 hours) and have Happy Limo pick us up in the morning to head to the port. Works out really well...I love getting a good night's sleep. We are usually on a late flight, sometimes arriving as late as midnight, so we don't feel like travelling to the port the night before.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I guess I should have specified that we are driving down and staying in the cocoa beach area. I haven't called the Radisson, I just looked on their website but it clearly states that it is more expensive with cruise parking. If I could get it for $89 - WOO HOO! We're kind of leaning towards the OceanSide Inn (I think that's what it's called) I didn't realized that the Econo Lodge was so far down. I'll check out the Hampton Inn, too. Thanks!

Originally posted by kellyb2000
I guess I should have specified that we are driving down and staying in the cocoa beach area. I haven't called the Radisson, I just looked on their website but it clearly states that it is more expensive with cruise parking. If I could get it for $89 - WOO HOO! We're kind of leaning towards the OceanSide Inn (I think that's what it's called) I didn't realized that the Econo Lodge was so far down. I'll check out the Hampton Inn, too. Thanks!

I had trouble finding the $89 rate too. You have to click where it says search for lowest available rate not view special rates.

Thanks everybody! I found the $89 rate at the Radisson. Now I just have to get with the rest of my family and see where they want to stay, the Radisson or Hampton Inn. I just found out that the Hampton Inn has parking and a shuttle to the port, too. My worst fear when booking somewhere I've never stayed is that it will be just awful (anybody can make something look good for a picture) so when I get positive feedback from someone who's actually stayed there, I feel much better so thanks again!

Hi! We're cruising 9/28 and I just booked the Hilton Cocoa Beach (it's right on the beach) for $58 + tax!!!! Booked it through Hotwire. They don't show you the hotel before you book, but the site did say it was a 3 star hotel and right on the beach -- so I took a chance. It's only 10 minutes from the cruise ship.

O.k, let's see if I can confuse you!!!! I've booked the 7 night Eastern the Sat. after Thanksgiving last year and this year. I book my own flight. ATA out of Midway(Chicago). Air was approx. 275 per person to fly Sat. to Sat. Myself, DW and DD's now 13 and 11. Being Nov. and Chicago weather I too wanted to go the day before just in case of SNOW. Flight fares were about the same. Thursday thru Sat air fares were about 100.00 per person less (I'm flying out Thanksgiving morning). Two days prior at WDW was about 800.00 including transfers, hotel, insurance and unlimited park hoppers. That's 50.00 per person per day when you account for the savings in airfare. Good luck!!!

Kelly,

Quote;
My worst fear when booking somewhere I've never stayed is that it will be just awful....

We have booked the Radisson... After perusing this board for quite some time now, I have only heard that the Radisson at Port is very nice! It gets consistantly positive remarks. If you will be driving down early enough for you (and family?) to enjoy their tropical pool area, then that would be like a little extra vacation time. So, for the same price range as Hampton, my personal choice will be the Radisson, just for that reason. And, with the free parking/shuttle. That pays for half the room right there!

We stayed at the Radisson the night before our cruise in 2001 and are staying there again this weekend when we cruise...I would highly recommend it....the pool is fantastic and so is the location...don't worry...go for it!

We stayed at the Radisson for the first time before our last cruise in February, and I am SO glad we did. I have never ever started a vacation so relaxed in all my life. We flew in at about 11am that Friday morning, rented a car from Budget for about $30 and drove down to the Radisson, and spent that whole day just playing in and lying around that *gorgeous* natural pool area. Next morning we were up bright and early, and dropped the car off at Budget, less than half a block from the Radisson. Their shuttles run continuously, and we were among the first at the terminal.

I can't wait to stay there again before the next cruise -- it was definitely a wonderful way to start the trip! :)

~gina~

Hampton also has free parking and a shuttle. I will be there in a few weeks and will be happy to let anyone wwho is interested know what the hotel is like. I felt like you Ohiomickey. With the breakfast, the room rate didn't seem bad. We also have the benfit of being able to use the beach that afternoon!

Dizzy Laura
:tongue:

I don't worry about the Radisson being nice - it's some of the other chains down on the beach that concern me. As it turns out we will most likely be at the Radisson anyway. They only rooms they had available were 1BR suites so we have 2 rooms on hold but we're going to have to squeeze 8 adults, 3 kids and 2 babies in them!

We just stayed at the Hilton on Cocoa Beach.

Booked the room for 39.95 thru priceline.com.

The hotel itself is a bit "tired", but for 40 bucks, I'm not complaining a bit.

Check roomsavers.com. I know they had a $10 coupon based upon availability once you arrive. I think it is good through July, but I am going in October and will be constantly checking the website!

No, the Radisson is closest to the port. I think it's about 3 miles from the beach.

Is the shuttle situation on the morning of the cruise still a hassle? I remember reading that you may not get on the shuttle you want to get to the port. How much is a cab to the port? How far in advance do you need to book your room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter