Where do you stay off site?

laughinplace199

<font color=blue>AKA Shrimpo or Flamingo Legs<br><
I've read a number of posts from people stating that they fly to Orlando at night, stay off site the first night, then check into their DVC accomodations in the morning. For anyone who does this, where do you stay that first night? We are considering doing this for our next trip, but I am overwhelmed by the number of hotels in the Orlando area. Do you stick with the Disney Good Neighbor hotels? Does anyone stay at one of the Disney Value Resorts instead of off site? Any help is appreciated!

Sometimes the hotels at DTD offer good deals - Courtyard usually has something going. We have stayed at the Marriott Village which is just off 535, to the left after you go under the I-4 overpass. It's in an area called Little Lake Bryan. So you are still right by Disney property. They have a Fairfield, Courtyard and Springhill Suites right there together. Holiday Inn has a couple of spots near there also. This past July, we arrived on a Friday and spent Friday and Saturday nights at Hardrock Hotel, so my boys could have front of the line access at Universal. It was nice for that perk, but the hotel *room*, even as nice as it was, was still not like being in our *villa* at OKW. Gotta love all that room!

We come in the day ahead of time and always stay at the Hilton. It is the closest resort to downtown, right on the corner across from the main entrance from DD. The hotel has excellent service and two beautiful pools and pool area, the restaurants are excellent also. It is really a beautiful hotel to stay in. It is also very close to a Catholic Church where we go to services either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

I've been happy with Priceline. We've gotten some great deals. Some of the hotels we've gotten include Wyndham Palace & Renaissance World Gate. Over in Orlando, by Sea World, we've stayed at Wyndham Resort & Rosen Centre.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter