• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you pick up your Castaway Club lanyard?

Dr. M

DIS Veteran
We are silver club members (this upcoming cruise will be our third). I've seen people wearing their DCL club lanyards, and thought they would be great for carrying room keys and a few dollar bills for tip. On our last cruise, we were not offered any lanyards, but received a very nice tote bag. I would love to figure out where we can find silver castaway club lanyards.

We are silver club members (this upcoming cruise will be our third). I've seen people wearing their DCL club lanyards, and thought they would be great for carrying room keys and a few dollar bills for tip. On our last cruise, we were not offered any lanyards, but received a very nice tote bag. I would love to figure out where we can find silver castaway club lanyards.
Returning DCL cruisers (Castaway Club members) receive them at check in at the port.

Were you not given silver Castaway Club lanyards by the port agent when you checked in for your second cruise? If not, they screwed up.

In a pinch, you can get them from Guest Services.

Perhaps the port agents at Miami do things differently and do not offer lanyards? Our next cruise will be leaving Port Canaveral--looking forward to receiving our lanyards there :) Thank you for the responses :)
Returning DCL cruisers (Castaway Club members) receive them at check in at the port.

Were you not given silver Castaway Club lanyards by the port agent when you checked in for your second cruise? If not, they screwed up.

In a pinch, you can get them from Guest Services.

Perhaps the port agents at Miami do things differently and do not offer lanyards? Our next cruise will be leaving Port Canaveral--looking forward to receiving our lanyards there :) Thank you for the responses :)

We got lanyards when we cruised on the Magic out of Miami a year ago. I think they just messed up in your case, unfortunately. This time, you will know better. :)

I agree that that they do hand them out in Miami. They hand them out in all the non Port Canaveral ports. They missed it somehow. Definitely ask if they don't automatically offer them this time.

MJ

Does everyone in your party get a lanyard, or only CC member? DGrD and DNiece have never cruised before, but I'd like them to have lanyards, too.

Lanyards are only for returning cruisers, not for everyone on the same reservation with a returning cruiser. So your granddaughter and niece most likely will not get one. You can ask, the agent is supposed to say no, so don't be surprised if that is the answer you get.

Only return cruisers get a complimentary lanyard at check in. You can purchase lanyards for your little ones onboard (different from the free ones).

Or, you can purchase any type of lanyard for them before your trip. Just Google Disney lanyards and you can find tons of different ones.

MJ

They have some really cheap, cute Disney lanyards at one of the party stores, Party City I think? They don't have a plastic container thing, though, I got some of those in the men's wallet section of Wal-Mart.

They missed giving us our lanyards once during check in so we just went to Guest Services and they checked our records to make sure we got the right ones.

Does everyone in your party get a lanyard, or only CC member? DGrD and DNiece have never cruised before, but I'd like them to have lanyards, too.
If you are DVC Members, DVC will have lanyards available in the terminal for everyone in your group.

If you are DVC Members, DVC will have lanyards available in the terminal for everyone in your group.

And if you miss them in the terminal, just stop by the DVC gathering on the afternoon of embarkation day. They always have a table full of lanyards.

Are you sure? I've never seen DVC lanyards in the terminal. I know they give them out at the "DVC Member Celebration" on the ship. This has to be the best named sales pitch ever. Show up looking ready to party, get some swag, champagne :drinking: and "Hey, since you're here, let's see if I can talk you into buying a few more points...":rolleyes2

Are you sure? I've never seen DVC lanyards in the terminal. I know they give them out at the "DVC Member Celebration" on the ship. This has to be the best named sales pitch ever. Show up looking ready to party, get some swag, champagne :drinking: and "Hey, since you're here, let's see if I can talk you into buying a few more points...":rolleyes2
For our last couple of cruises, DVC was handing them out in the terminal. Prior to that, they would appear in our stateroom.

The DVC hosts sometimes are out in the terminal for a couple hours during check-in to greet DVC members. They often give out hats and lanyards.

If you are a member of the cruise meet, maybe mention it to others in your meet who will be on your cruise. They may have some from their last cruise that they can share... Just a thought. :) I have some from our last crusie and we will get more next time so it is likely others will as well.

i was surprised that we get them on the second leg of our b2b's. you don't really need more but i suppose some people like to use them for other times.

try the dollar stores. you can get really cute disney ones and they are not as thick and scratchy on the neck as the ones you get on board.

i was surprised that we get them on the second leg of our b2b's. you don't really need more but i suppose some people like to use them for other times.

try the dollar stores. you can get really cute disney ones and they are not as thick and scratchy on the neck as the ones you get on board.
I picked up another one on the second leg of our B2B, because the one I had gotten previously broke. We got lanyards on our Dream cruise (4 days prior to the B2B), so didn't take the ones offered on the first leg.

Yep, I am not a DVC member but I have seen DVC reps handing them out in the terminal on several different cruises (Florida, Alaska, NYC, Miami, etc.)

MJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter