• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you make a complaint about something dangerous in the parks?

old lady

DIS Veteran
I remember after seeing Fantamic it was very crowded when leaving and it could posed a danger if there is a fire or if someone starts panic causing them to run.

You can use above posted information to send your concerns to Disney,I would be interested in how they respond.

Tell me,OP, how leaving F! after a show is any different than the mass of humanity leaving MK after Wishes. Or the throngs of people clogging Main Street and the Hub during Wishes, or leaving Illuminations for FW at the end of the night.

If you thought it was so dangerous, why didn't you stop into Guest Relations while you were there?

I doubt that you are going to get anywhere with that complaint, as the other posters are right, it is similar to any large event letting out.

I will say, that I agree with you, I felt more uncomfortable exiting F! than anything else I've ever experienced at Disney, including Wishes and Illuminations. (Our own fault that we sat pretty much furthest possible from the exit). That exit mess, and the fact that no one in our group was that thrilled with the show, made it a one and done for us.

Perhaps I am naïve but exactly how many exits are there? If the number of exits isn't proper then it may become a hazard.

I remember after seeing Fantamic it was very crowded when leaving and it could posed a danger if there is a fire or if someone starts panic causing them to run.

Perhaps I am naïve but exactly how many exits are there? If the number of exits isn't proper then it may become a hazard.

In an emergency they have extra exits to handle crowd flow vs. primary exit.

As far as danger, there are lots of dangers in the world. A Hotel Convention Center, A airport. A Football Stadium, DMV all could be dangerous IF there was a fire, etc as you mention. For the other 99.9999% of the time if you linger, out of the way, the crowds disperse fairly quickly. If you feel the need to exit and push your way through, feel free to live dangerously.

One last thing you state "you remember" was this a recent event or just something you decided to be mention years later? IMO most of the "dangers" I see in parks, is customer induced danger that could be completely avoided

OP, Old Lady, are you referring to Fantasmic at DLand or DHS?

Your usual questions are posed on the DL board rather than WDW. You do have at least 11 more replies here than you usually receive on the other forum. Just wondering which board will be more help to you as complaining to WDW won't address your concerns if you are referring to Fantasmic at DL.

Lots of folks get a sense of potential danger when exiting with a huge crowd. In situations like this, our family waits in our seats for the exiting crowd to thin out. Maybe 10-15 minutes. It relieves our sense of anxiety. I agree with others that Fantasmic has more exits available than are generally used for a routine end-of-show. You might benefit yourself by looking around the facility when you arrive. Scan the entire perimeter and note all the potential emergency exits you see.

We need a Robo map!
Isn't there a potential emergency exit on Perimeter Rd (what it's called in Google Maps) to the Hollywood Studios boat dock? But Disney would rather guests exit through the main turnstiles.

I do happen to think that the lights after dark at DHS are way too dim, and I'm not an old guy. :) it's not something I would complain about, though.

If there was an emergency there are multiple ways other than 'usual exits' that can be utilized depending on location of 'issue' with both guest and cast areas easily being used... Fire code/safety is important so every scenario has been anticipated...

All public venues have to adhere to local, state and national codes. WDW like all venues also has to be regularly inspected. Venues also have to meet standards for size (width, lighting etc) per code for all exits. I know of at least 4 exits there. And as 1 pp has said what's going to burn ? Concrete? The 1 issues at F! is the angle of the pathway.

One last thing you state "you remember" was this a recent event or just something you decided to be mention years later? IMO most of the "dangers" I see in parks, is customer induced danger that could be completely avoided
Old Lady typically will open a thread with a most unusual subject and then never respond to any questions asked by subsequent posters. I always feel so foolish when I respond to one of her threads, and then realize who posted it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter