Where do you like to sit on a plane?

I don't really have a preference except for my sister and I both like to sit by the window so she gets to sit there going to our destination and I sit there coming home. I like looking down at the lights of cities and towns at night. Neither one of us are good fliers so I don't know quite why we like being by the the window looking out at how far up we are.

Aisle near the front, but not the front row (many of those don't have a tray in the arm + plus you can not store your stuff under the seat). I want to get off fast and not wait while others try to find their overhead bags or find someone to reach their bag for them. Seems to take forever in the rear.

First class, aisle seat, not bulkhead. In my old age I'm treating myself to comfort and convenience. When I was younger I didn't want to spend the extra money on 1st. class but do now. First class isn't what it was but still is OK.

We fly United and I always buy the economy plus seats, more leg room. Aisle seat for DH and me in middle, DS, DDIL and GD in front of us for this Disney trip.

We leave for Hawaii on Tuesday, and we're flying first class. It's a LONG flight from North Carolina, and 3/5 of us are 6 feet +. We did economy plus to Europe a few years ago, and DH couldn't sleep a wink.

In the free or cheapest seats. I think it's ridiculous you have to pay to sit together. On a short haul flight with friends we won't pay, a couple of hours sat separately doesn't bother us, and most of the time we get seated together anyway without paying a premium.

Aisle seat if I travel alone b/c I'm anxious about disturbing others if I get up too much. Otherwise, I don't care about trying to sprint off the plane or anything like that. I'll spring for extra leg room if it's "reasonable."

Always an aisle seat due to claustrophobia. I don't tend to get up during flights if I can avoid it. My last flight I didn't have a choice and was in a window seat. After a few minutes of feeling panicky and telling myself to relax I settled in and actually slept! I may be a window seat convert.

When I would fly with my father, he would say sitting by the wing was the safest place to be. I don't know if it's true but I believed everything my Dad told me. Now, I do seem to always gravitate in the same direction when choosing seats....and by the window.

Sitting near the wings probably results in a slightly smoother flight less impacted by turbulence due to the balance of the plane. However, the fuel is stored in the wings, so I really doubt that would be preferred location in the event of a crash. Honestly, how you crash has more impact on who survives, but clearly no one is going to know that ahead of time to make a seating selection for something that rarely happens.

I've travelled once in Premium Economy (pretty nice) and once in Business/First (very nice). If I could afford either I'd go with them in a breath. But sadly I can't :( Business/First is five times the cost of coach (return to Orlando from home). Save up I guess?

Towards the front, window. If traveling with DD I let her have the window and I'll sit in the middle. I like to be able to watch out the window and I want off the plane ASAP. I usually don't have to use the restroom on a flight and I like to put my earbuds in as soon as I sit down and hope to not be bothered

rarely fly, total phobia for me, but when I do, all the way in the back, second or third to last row, aisle for easy access to bathroom

Some people make exiting a plane such a process that we like the front. We are able to get up and get off!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter