• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you keep your kitchen towel that you're using?

I have three. My sink and dishwasher are on an island. One hangs on the dishwasher door handle. One hangs directly below the sink on a bar that hooks onto the cabinet there. I have the third on the oven door. ALL towels are only used to dry CLEAN hands. I use paper towels and Clorox wipes to clean dirty surfaces.

Only time I would use a towel is during dinner if I was cooking dinner at home and needed to dry a pot or something that didn't go in the dishwasher- after I dried pots I would wipe off the stove with it and toss it downstairs to the laundry. I would not leave it hanging around for another day because I would not want to dry my dishes with a towel that was used to wipe up anything else. I use paper towels while cooking to wash and dry my hands and if I have to hand wash anything I use the bounty paper towels with the detergent built into them that you can use once and toss. I am SO grossed out by sponges in the kitchen- so disgusting.

http://www.fox13news.com/health/271891528-story <---Kitchen sponges have more bacteria than TOILETS!!

I have multiple. The one to dry the dishes is under the sink on a command hook stuck to the door. One folded at the sink to sop up the water the kids slosh for whatever reason. And I usually have 2 on the oven handle for hand towels that are changed out every 2 days.

I try to shoo the kids out of the kitchen and make them go down to the bathroom to wash their hands but that doesn't always work, hence the towels on the stove. If I'm cooking and wipe my hands on the stove towels, I'll get new one's out to dry hands on.

Either on the dishwasher handle or the oven handle...or when I'm lazy just sittin' on the counter :) I try to keep cute/pretty ones out but, yea, I'm too messy for that. I do have non-usable ones my sister embroidered for me hanging on an old chest that's in part of my kitchen for looks though.

I don't use towels in the kitchen. Only paper towels.

Pretty much always just tossed on the counter somewhere or in the sink. I also have a number of special seasonal-themed ones but honestly, they don't look alot different than my daily ones when they're just laying there wadded up in a bunch. :rotfl:

Folded beside the sink - changed at least once a day and sometimes 2 or 3 times a day. Same for the dish cloth.

I have three. My sink and dishwasher are on an island. One hangs on the dishwasher door handle. One hangs directly below the sink on a bar that hooks onto the cabinet there. I have the third on the oven door. ALL towels are only used to dry CLEAN hands. I use paper towels and Clorox wipes to clean dirty surfaces.
I've found the Clorox wipes leave a residue on my countertops, table and stove top. I still use them but I end up going over everything with a hot, soapy washcloth after. When school is in I use them religiously on the doorknobs, handles, light switches, remotes, etc. downstairs after the kids go to bed.

I don't use hand towels, I'm paranoid about them being left near the burners on the stove. We use paper towels and if something needs to be hand dried I have a stack of cloths underneath the sink that get tossed in the laundry when done.

Pretty much always just tossed on the counter somewhere or in the sink. I also have a number of special seasonal-themed ones but honestly, they don't look alot different than my daily ones when they're just laying there wadded up in a bunch. :rotfl:

Pretty much this.

I also have internal debates with myself over the germ factor but can't bring myself to use anymore paper products than I absolutely have to. If my ecological footprint wasn't so big I'd probably use paper towels.

I have to keep it on a hook inside a cabinet otherwise the dog thinks it's his. He loves to get a hold of a dish towel in the hopes it might have a microscopic crumb for him.

I have quartz countertops. I can't use Clorox wipes on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter