Where do you get your books from?

Where do you get most of your books from

• Brand new from the Store

• Brand new from the internet (like Amazon)

• Used from the internet (like EBay)

• Used from a consinment store (like Goodwill)

• From the Library

Results are only viewable after voting.
Most of my books are new from Borders

I usually go to "friends of the Library" sales. Last day of the sale they almost always have a bag sale. ($2.00 or $5.00 per bag) You would be amazed at what you can find at these sales, I have over a thousand science fiction pulps in my library. :coffee:

It all depends. Sometimes I get my books from a bookstore like Barnes & Noble, or online from Amazon.

Also, since I work in a library, I sometimes check out books that interest me from there. Also, sometimes, people donate books there, and I get first choice as the books before they're sold to the public! :banana:

So, I also bring home donated books from the library as well. :thumbsup2

I work for B&N so I either buy new, check out the hardcover, or get the strip when it's a return....

The majority of the time, none of the above....

We get new books from mail order book clubs (Book of the Month and Children's Book of the Month) and from Scholastic order forms through my mom who is a teacher. We get used books at garage sales and flea markets.

We do occassionally buy new books at a regular store.

Well I belong to a book club, but I usually only buy a couple of my favorite authors from them since they are all hardback books.

Most I buy from a store, but I usually buy from Wal-Mart, Sams, or Target which knock a couple dollars off the list price.

I used to have a really great small neighborhood new/used bookstore that I went to, but I moved about 45 minutes away, so I don't go there anymore. But I sure do miss it!!!

I used to buy a lot of books, but now I get most of my books from the library. It's hard, because I really love second-hand bookstores, but I find I don't need to own all the books that I want to read.

I do love the gift certificates people buy me to various stores and Amazon, though, so I continue to get my book-shopping fix in a couple of times a year!

:teeth: From the library

I see other fellow library workers here :banana:

We also get 40% off of new books through an employee discount. Otherwise, I usually borrow them and it costs me nothing :thumbsup2

If it's children's books, I get them at consignment shops. I usually shop Goodwill & Salvation army for the books. If it's adult books, travel books, or Harry Potter books I will go to my local book store to get them.

The Library mostly. Its right down the street from my apartment so I just walk down there to check out/return books. My library also has this great online request feature, where you can request a book to be held for you or have one brought from another branch. They email you when its ready. :thumbsup2
Occasionally I will go to Barnes and Noble to buy books that I need to own such as, Harry Potter, books on Marilyn Monroe, and some classics.
I love reading! :sunny:

We let our son get a couple of cheap books on the send home Scholastic form from school-everything except the Left Behind Series books come from the library. Why pay for something that is going to be read once and dusted off several times a year when you can borrow it for nothing and return it a month later?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter