Where do you eat pre-party?

melidy

Mouseketeer
We are going to both MNSSHP and MVMCP this year and was wondering where you eat before a party. Do you do a TS lunch... 2 QS through the day... Snack through the party? Looking for ideas to keep everyone happy 'till midnight AND maximise party time!

WE do like a TS meal most times, so I book by 5PM the latest. We have eaten at Kona and then gone to the Pirates and Princess party, and Liberty Tree Tavern for MNSSHP. BOG at 5PM for MVVMCP. WE have also just has an early CS at Columbia Harbor House.

I don't like to waste party time in a restaurant, and while we never worrry about maximizing park time for those nights by arriving at 4, we do make sure we are not in a restaurant at 7.

I woudl book either in the park or at one of the monorail restaurants, but don't wait too long. They book up fast

WE do like a TS meal most times, so I book by 5PM the latest. We have eaten at Kona and then gone to the Pirates and Princess party, and Liberty Tree Tavern for MNSSHP. BOG at 5PM for MVVMCP. WE have also just has an early CS at Columbia Harbor House.

I don't like to waste party time in a restaurant, and while we never worrry about maximizing park time for those nights by arriving at 4, we do make sure we are not in a restaurant at 7.

I woudl book either in the park or at one of the monorail restaurants, but don't wait too long. They book up fast

Our ADR window doesn't open up until the 30th of April, hence why I'm asking now :)

Most of my plans are in place but just looking to finalise party nights. Ideally I'm wanting a relaxing meal, plenty of time to change and time to head over to the MK before 6... since most of the MK resorts don't open for dinner service until 5 I think we'd feel way too rushed.

Last time we went to MNSSHP we had a BOG lunch at around 2pm and then a snack as we were in line for the dwarves about 6 and although we managed (we are an all adult party) I'd rather have something more substantial. We are on the DDP so TS would work out well with the rest of our plans but isn't a necessity. And we have 14 day, park hopper tickets, so not bothered about maximising the 4-7 park time since we can enter the park(s) regardless.

A BOG dinner would be ideal but I'm not holding out hope for that specifically... So was just wondering what others did on party nights.

Our ADR window doesn't open up until the 30th of April, hence why I'm asking now :)

Most of my plans are in place but just looking to finalise party nights. Ideally I'm wanting a relaxing meal, plenty of time to change and time to head over to the MK before 6... since most of the MK resorts don't open for dinner service until 5 I think we'd feel way too rushed.

Last time we went to MNSSHP we had a BOG lunch at around 2pm and then a snack as we were in line for the dwarves about 6 and although we managed (we are an all adult party) I'd rather have something more substantial. We are on the DDP so TS would work out well with the rest of our plans but isn't a necessity. And we have 14 day, park hopper tickets, so not bothered about maximising the 4-7 park time since we can enter the park(s) regardless.

A BOG dinner would be ideal but I'm not holding out hope for that specifically... So was just wondering what others did on party nights.

BOG was nice for a party but the favorite for us was Liberty Tree Tavern. I also think a CP dinner would be nice.

Have you though about a late TS lunch? WE seldom plan lunch so I am not familiar with dining times, but that may be an answer. A good latest serving for lunch, and then change and relax and head to the party.

We are going to both MNSSHP and MVMCP this year and was wondering where you eat before a party. Do you do a TS lunch... 2 QS through the day... Snack through the party? Looking for ideas to keep everyone happy 'till midnight AND maximise party time!

We usually still do a signature ADR around 5:30, we never missed anything getting there at 7:30 or so and the entry is a lot smoother after everyone's in.

We have an early dinner at 'Ohana then monorail over to the party. No worries about being hungry afterwards. :)

We always dine at Liberty Tree Tavern before MNSSHP and MVMCP. We always get an early reservation, around 430.

we do quick service for breakfast that day, normally we do QS right at 11 when they start serving but we have a 430 dinner at Chef mickeys so we can go right over to the party after.

Both times we have been to MNSSHP we start the day with a big breakfast (once was Boma and the other time was Cape May). For one party we had a 4:15 ADR at the Plaza and were able to get on line for the 7D by 5:30 (we were the 8th group or so online at that point). For the other party we had a big lunch (soup, entrée, dessert) at BOG at around 2:15 and were on line for J&S at 4 (we were first on line and were joined by others about 10 minutes later). Popcorn, trick or treat candy and some of the party-only foods got us through the rest of the night just fine.

We eat an early TS dinner, around 4 pm. Usually at Crystal Palace, but we have done CRT too. Last time we ate at BOG before MVMCP.

Before the parties we have done Tony's Town Square, Narcoossee's, 'Ohana and Artist Point. Great places to start the party!

I've done 1900 Park Faire, Casey's Corner, CRT, Crystal Palace, Liberty Tree Tavern (back when it was a character meal), and Tony's for dinner before the parties. All of them are good options.

We do an early dinner TS meal on party days and grab a quick snack later on during the party. I do like to get in to MK at 4, so last year for MNSSHP we had a 4:15 at CP and were out at 5:10, no rushing. Rode BTMRR and Splash and got on line for Jack and Sally at 6:10 with only 15 people ahead of us. If being in the park at 4 isn't a priority for you, an early ADR at a resort is a good idea, too (especially a monorail one!)

We had a late lunch at Kona (around 2:30) and then arrived at MK at 4 to get maximum use from our party ticket. We snacked through the night. we will probably repeat that plan of we ever get back to a party!

we are doing both this year too. I am hoping to get CRT for MVMCP around 5:00 and for Halloween I am going to be eating at the resort or QS. That is our first day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter