• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you eat on arrival day?

Last year we did Narcoossees but this time around we're going to try Flying Fish.

Posted from my iPhone using DISBoards

We have always eating at downtown disney or at our resort, but we come in form the west .... so it's a long day and we arrive late. This year were going to try to come in earlier and do the last night of food and wine. Hoping our flights make it work : )

For the past few years, we've been doing our Disney vacations as DCL first, and then WDW. We will arrive the day before the cruise and will usually eat at a quick service in a park or at Earl of Sandwich. The day we arrive back in port, we will usually have a quick service at the park and will schedule a sit-down meal for later in the evening.

We always arrive in the early evening and don't get to where we're staying until 7-8pm so just a CS meal for us or when we stayed offsite something brought home from Walmart or a fast food place. We're also not ever up to much after a long tiring flight!

Depends on where we stay for our first meal. Our home resort OKW downtown disney always but in the Epcot resort area we eat at Beaches and Cream.

Somewhere that if you don't make it (due to travel interruptions) is not a big deal. So, not your favorite or most sought after ADR, nothing that is pre-paid, and nothing that has a cancellation fee for canceling too late.

Somewhere in DTD. I am hoping either WPE or something along those lines. If all else fails, we'll eat at the resort. No biggie.

Bona. Its becoming a tradition. Our first night is a non park night so we head to our favorite restaurant in all the land.

We usually don't go into the parks on our arrival day. We head to Downtown Disney, and depending on our mood - Paradiso or Earl of Sandwich are our choices!

I usually head to DTD or a character meal, so thats not what Id call a "nice meal". Depening on how nice you want you could try:
-Boma or Jiko over at AKL, both delicious food, different style, something new to try!
-California Grill at the Contemp
-Ohana for another delicious & big variety of food!

We do a late tea seating at the Grand Floridiand and finish the night out with the "Great Shopping Ride" :lmao: at DTD and a late dinner T T-Rex since it opened:woohoo::woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter