Where do you dine the first night?

MamaToDavis

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for suggestions for dinner on our first night in early Jan. Ohana would be our first choice, since it's where we usually go to kick off our vacation. However, the only ADRs available are too late for us, so I booked it for the second night instead.

We are (probably) staying at the CR, and I am not a Chef Mickey's fan. Other than that, I am open to suggestions. We don't mind traveling to other resorts or parks. So far, I only have Trails End booked for our night at FW, other than that I'm having a hard time choosing. I know I need to get busy and can't put it off anymore.

Thanks so much! :yay:

'Ohana is always our first night dinner, but if were not available we would probably go to Boma!

we are doing 1900 Park Fare our first night. We normally try and pick a good character meal for the kids the first night to set the tone for the week.

Our first onsite visit is this February. We picked Raglan Rd for our first dinner. I figured we would check in around 4pm, get freshened up, and take the boat from POR to downtown disney. ds10 and ds12 can shop in the lego store and then we can have dinner. Although it isn't "disney", I figured Irish step dancers and a few Guiness were a great way to "kick off" the vacation!

These are great suggestions. I've thought about DTD I don't have a visit planned yet and it's a must visit for us for the Lego store and Goofy's candy shop.

We've never been to 1900 Park Fare, maybe because we have boys and I thought it was more of a Princess theme. However, reading more about it makes me reconsider...the step sisters sound like a hoot! And Cinderella is *my* favorite Disney movie, so perhaps this one could be for me! :goodvibes Thanks!!

We've never been to 1900 Park Fare, maybe because we have boys and I thought it was more of a Princess theme. However, reading more about it makes me reconsider...the step sisters sound like a hoot! And Cinderella is *my* favorite Disney movie, so perhaps this one could be for me! :goodvibes Thanks!!

I think this is a great idea :goodvibes

We usually do DTD our first night and typically eat at T-Rex bc my DS loves it so much. We do some shopping then call it an early night so we can be at rope drop the next day. That is what we are doing in Nov as well.

Normally we do Boatwrights, but this time we aren't staying at POR Riverside this time, so we're doing Cape May. Maybe a new tradition will be formed.

We did DTD and ate at WPE our first night. By far our FAVORITE CS meal of the trip, so good we went back for lunch on our last day. If you are on the DDP, the value for a CS credit can't be beat. Then you can hit up goofy's candy shop and the world of disney store.... that really got me in the Disney Mood!

We love Whispering Canyon. The kids LOVE to yell for their ketchup and the food is pretty good.

Our first onsite visit is this February. We picked Raglan Rd for our first dinner. I figured we would check in around 4pm, get freshened up, and take the boat from POR to downtown disney. ds10 and ds12 can shop in the lego store and then we can have dinner. Although it isn't "disney", I figured Irish step dancers and a few Guiness were a great way to "kick off" the vacation!

This is what DH and I plan to do on our first night to! :goodvibes
Except we'll be at POFQ in Sept and no kids.

Ohana for us and I make the ADR at 180 days to make sure we get it. I don't know where we'd go if we didn't. Our first trip in 1989, I couldn't tell you where we ate since we ate all CS that trip or in our room-broke and kids were young. Second trip, we flew in and just ate at Evergreen's at SOG, back when it was fully open and pretty good. Since then, we've done Ohana. I guess if we couldn't get it, we'd probably do Kona. That would also depend on what park we were at that day.

mix it up a bit. We used to do 50's Prime Time but have branched out. For our November trip we are doing Cape May then next February we are going to give O hana' a try again...it's been years since we ate there...

last summer our first nights dinner was Capt Jacks

it was wonderful.

our original res was for 8pm and we were hoping to check into the hotel by 6 but we took a wrong turn (thanks gps well not really how would it know it was a road covered in sand ) and didn't arrive until 7.30 we raced to check in (at POFQ) and ran down to the boat. the first to arrive was going to POR but the captian called over to another boat he knew was still docked at DTD and asked that captain to go into Cap Jacks and tell them our issue.

he did and they were very understanding and accomodating even though they were booked we only had to wait a few minutes to get a seat by the window :)

it was a good meal too - first time odd tried (and liked) clam chowder

:fish:We just love the potato wrapped red snapper. The seafood is great. It's just a nice start to a fabulous vacation.

We like to eat at a resort because we don't go to a park the first night. For our upcoming trip I'm thinking about either Boma or the Cape May Cafe clam bake.

Ohana is always our first night dinner! I am not sure what we'd do if it was booked :confused:

What about Kona? or WCC? or The Wave?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter