• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you buy your kids shoes?

lg3

<font color=darkorchid>The '80's must have been ha
Where do you all buy new shoes for your kids? I need to get some closed toe shoes for dd4.5 for fall (not tennis shoes) and am trying to figure the best place to go. At her age it is very difficult for her to really "tell" me how a shoe fits, etc when we try it on. Last year I just ended up spending a lot more than I wanted to by going to a Stride-Rite nearby, as the salesperson really did help out. They can be so expensive though, especially given they only last one season before she grows out of them. :confused3

Payless, Payless, Payless!
My pediatrician and podiatrist both told me to go to Payless. The podiatrist said just make sure there is an arch. Now we buy from all over (Wal*Mart, Value City Marshalls, the pediatrician has even remarked on their cute shoes from Wal*Mart.
The podiatrist tells me to go to KMart for cleats, the McGregor brand I think.
And the best part is you can buy multiples at such good prices.
callie

I have had my son fitted at stride rite and then purchased the shoes from shoe buy with a discount code.

I have had my son fitted at stride rite and then purchased the shoes from shoe buy with a discount code.

I too have my sons fitted at Stride Rite, but usually buy their shoes at Marshalls or Kohls on sale. Also, there is a Stride Rite outlet by me that sometimes has good deals.

I just ordered 12 pairs this week for $60 from the childrens place..

Code NMS97 will get you $10 off $30.

DD8 is very tough to fit. She has a small narrow foot. After visiting every shoe store near us with no luck I ordered shoes from Zappos. They have free shipping and free returns so I ordered 4 pairs in her size and sent back the ones she didn't like. It was so easy. I'll be doing that from now on.

Have her measured at Stride Rite, then you can buy Stride Rite shoes online. Amazon had some fantastic deals on Stride Rites last month. I got DD some super ball tennis shoes for $15!

Usually Target. They grow so fast and destroy their sneakers so fast, I hate to spend a lot on them.

And the Sketchers knockoffs at Target are so good that my kids have literally put on one Target shoe, one Sketcher shoe and not realized it.

dillards, stride rites, target, penneys- where ever I can find a sale.. dillards usually has great sales and I stock up there for the year. I also took advantage of the sale on amazon.com recently and sketchers.com that was listed here..

I can often find Stride Rite at Marshall's. I also have a SR outlet 5 mintues away. Kohls and Target are favs too.

I used to buy a lot of shoes for DS at Target, but they were only lasting a month or two. Now, I buy them at Sears. If you have Kidvantage (a free plan at Sears), they will replace the item if it is damaged before your child outgrows it. I buys DS's jeans there, too. He rarely made it through a season without putting holes in them, but at Sears, I get a new pair for free if he ruins them.

We go to Kids Footlocker when they have their 30% friends & family sales to buy the name-brand stuff like Etnies or DC. The kids get the "expensive" shoes once or twice a year.

This year DD wanted a pair of Nike's -- had to be Nike. We shopped all over the mall but every pair seemed to be around $80 on up. We stopped at Kohl's on the way home and she got a really cute pair for $34.00.

I get Stride Rite whenever I can find a good deal. I've been able to price-match some of the Amazon deals at Zappo's, and I recently got 3 pairs of Stride Rites for $30.

I buy my boys shoes from Big 5 they usually have great deals for good shoes.

no special place where ever i am that we see what we like,
my dtr is good enough for Jordans and K Swiss but she is just as good for Payless and Walmart too.

Thanks everyone for all the tips! :thumbsup2

I just ordered 12 pairs this week for $60 from the childrens place..

Code NMS97 will get you $10 off $30.
I have got to stay away from this board! :rotfl: I had no intention to buy anything from The Children's Place anytime soon, but I HAD to take a quick look after seeing the code. After $43 and a lot longer than a little look, my kids will have some new clothes (and a pirate saber) soon. Only one pair of shoes though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter