Where do Tweens swim??

meplus3

Earning My Ears
Hi! My DD is 11 right now but will be 13 when we set sail on our first cruise ever aboard the Fantasy in Oct 2013. I noticed on a pic of the Mickey Pool rules sign that you have to be under 12 to swim there. I know that teens and adults have their own pools so where do the tweens swim? DD is an avid swimmer and on the local swim team here at home so she will be wanting to swim on her vacation for sure!:yay:

From looking at some trip report photos, I would caution what you mean by swimming. The pools are usually quite crowded. I think they should call them "wetting areas" instead of swimming pools.

Hoping I'm wrong, but I think they're stuck with just the family pool.?? Also, I don't think the teens have an actual SWIMMING poo eitherl. I think they have really small pools more for just sitting in, plus some cool lookingwater jets, etc. on their deck. Tweens were a little shorted in this area.

Does the teen club have any "open house" time like the younger kids clubs?

Even when the pools are empty, there isn't room to swim. I would suggest getting a day pass at a resort when you are in port. We are thinking of doing that in St. Thomas.

There is definitely no room for actual SWIMMING on the ship. These pools are small and very crowded. It's more for cooling off while on the ship.

She would use the family pool and like others said, 'swimming' isn't really an option with as crowded as the pools are.

I just asked my ds who was a tween last year on our Dream cruise. There was not an open house in Vibe. He is very excited to be a teen this year so he can go there. For swimming, tweens use the family pool. However, don't forget the AquaDuck, they spend a lot of time riding that.

Swimming on the ship is recreational at best, definitely not for exercise, the pools are just too small. She will be able to stretch her swimming muscles at beaches though!

Even when the pools are empty, there isn't room to swim. I would suggest getting a day pass at a resort when you are in port. We are thinking of doing that in St. Thomas.

That sounds like a good idea! What resort in St. Thomas offers day passes? We are doing the Eastern to!

Cruise ship pools aren't really made for swimming. You can get in and bob around, but that's about it. Like a pp said, even if you were the only one in it, it's not big enough to actually swim.

Even at a resort, there may be too many people to do laps.

The Vibe pool area isn't used very much. They have a lot of rules about when they are allowed to use the area, so they don't use it much. I don't think my DD went out there once. It's kind-of false advertising when they show the teens in the ads hanging by their pool. This really doesn't happen.

This was one of the great things about a suite on our Norwegian cruise line cruise......a resistance pool!!

As mentioned the pools tend to be small. If she really wants to practice, mornings before 10 a.m tend to be best. Due to the size she will get plenty of practice on turns.
I use to head to the family pool on the Magic at 6 a.m. Nobody was there at that time, and I used the week to improve my turns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter