• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where Did You Register?

KStarfish82

Proud Redhead
Everyone I know has been hounding me about where I am going to register....I have no idea :confused3 ! My DF has a house and has alot of those necessities that, I think, people register for.

So I was just wondering, where you registered, maybe I can get some ideas!

TIA!

Hi! Well, don't let them rush you - apparently if you register too early, there's a chance a lot of the seasonal items in your registry will be discontinued before your wedding, so you'll have to keep adding new stuff. They say 6 months out at the earliest, but that most people don't start buying til the month before your wedding...

That said, I just registered at four different places (I heard five was the max, but my guests are all over the country, so I wanted them to have options):

Disney Honeymoon Registry
Crate & Barrel
Bed, Bath & Beyond
Macy's

Apparently Macy's is not the greatest because their prices fluctuate all the time with all their sales, but they had my china pattern. I've heard Target is horrible about returns - even with receipts, if you get three of something you can only return one. And I've heard nothing but good about Bed, Bath & Beyond - they give you cash for returns of anything less than $100, with no receipt! :thumbsup2

Target

But we live together and really don't need much and we don't feel the need of buying china that we won't use.

Pottery Barn
Sur La Table
Restoration Hardware

We didn't need very much either...so I registered for fun stuff like...pretty throw pillows, decorative items, candle holders, rugs, coasters...etc. I had a work related "shower" shared with three other teachers who were also getting married in the same year, and when they opened their boxes filled with white towels, and toasters...I was opening boxes of pretty table cloths, a garden fountain, and cool outdoor lanterns!

Techincally we don't need a lot either, but almost everything we have has been hand-me-downs that really need to be replaced. So we did a registry at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond. I'd love to do a Disney honeymoon registry, but since we aren't staying onsite, we can't.

When we got married, we needed lots of basics. Sadly, we didn't have a Target in our area at the time, so we registered at Macy's, Crate and Barrel, and Bed Bath & Beyond.

If you don't need a lot of the basics, I would register for more fun things that you want, but don't necessarily need. Even if they are pricier items, people could go in together to get them for you. A honeymoon registry may also be a good idea for you.

We're registered at macy's and we also have a disney honeymoon registry. They do have sales a lot, and when they have sales they're wonderful, but when things are msrp it's like 'woah'

You can check out my registry for ideas if you like. There is a link to it on our website www.rachelandbob.com

Since I have family coming from all around I registered at 4 different places.

For my China (Which we picked a plate that was not officially China so we could use it every day too) we did A Heavenly Celebration (local wedding/prom store in home town)
Bed Bath and Beyond
and Wal-Mart

The JCPenney registry was nice. We registered for household items, but also for stuff like the luggage we wanted. They were great about returns, buying online and shipping stuff to us from guests. No problems with returns either.

We did Target, Williams Sonoma and Bed Bath and Beyond. We had a lot of stuff so we registered for nicer stuff. It's worked out pretty well.

We registered at Dillards (China), Target, and Crate and Barrell. The Crate is wonderful and has items at really reasonable prices. I got gifts for my WP, her secretary, and the floral person from there. For the honeymoon, we registered at Honeymoonwishes.com. This was before Disney had the registry! Honeymoonwishes.com worked out wonderfully. I wish more people had used it though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter