• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where did you eat on Thanksgiving Day?

brasey

1500 miles away is a good thing !!
We will be in Disney on Thanksgiving Day this year and need some suggestions of where to eat dinner.

In 2009 we had T-day dinner at Ohana. In 2010 we had T-day lunch at Crystal Palace. The Ohana dinner was regular Thanksgiving dinner, turkey (white and dark meat) mashed potatoes and mashed sweet potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans, salad and bread. They also had the regular bread pudding dessert that they always have (YUM). Crystal Palace was regular buffet items plus turkey and stuffing added to the buffet. We enjoyed both.

This year we had lunch at Tusker House and they had the standard menu with some traditional fare added. For dinner we ate at Artist Point and it was wonderful- a special menu with the top 3 menu items and a turkey dinner. We really enjoyed it.

CRT had a fantastic Thanksgiving Dinner w/turkey and all the fixings!! Since it's so small in there, it seemed like a more intimate Thanksgiving dinner, which was nice.

Biergarten

the kids were able to eat the traditional Thanksgiving fare. DH and i wanted something different. it was a nice mix of the two. and we all left STUFFED!

We were there last Thanksgiving and had a late lunch at WCC. We wanted to avoid the parks so eating at a resort was the best option for us:goodvibes The food and service were very good. The WL was decorated beautifully and we had a great afternoon!

Terri

We were in WDW for Tgiving '09 and I waited too long to make dinner reservations. By the time I got around to it, there were only a few times/places left so I blindly picked and ended up at the restaurant inside the Beach Club Resort (Captain's Table, or something like that.) It had traditional Thanksgiving food on a buffet and it was really, really good. Our 2 small children were comfortable there and found enough to eat. Nice place, good food: I'll be making another reservation for Thanksgiving dinner when we go Nov. '11.

Thanks everybody, this is always the best place for help.

We were there last Thanksgiving and had a late lunch at WCC. We wanted to avoid the parks so eating at a resort was the best option for us:goodvibes The food and service were very good. The WL was decorated beautifully and we had a great afternoon!

Terri

Really glad to hear that!!
We are doing a split stay this year. Thanksgiving weekend at WL without the parks then the next week at GF and are planning to have T-Day dinner at WCC or AP. We were thinking that AP might be too fancy with my 3 nephews & niece so I'm happy to hear that WCC was good! Thx!

We had Thanksgiving dinner 2009 at WCC and Thanksgiving dinner 2010 at Trails End Buffet. Had never eaten at TE before but figured we would take a chance and we were pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup2 I actually liked it better than WCC. There were many more choices for me, DH, DS10 and DS6. At WCC, you have no choice; they give you a skillet with turkey, ham, chicken, then sweet potates, mashed potatoes and green beans. They did have a very good salad to start off as well as delicious corn bread. But I think that everyone in the family would agree to choose TE over WCC. We all have differing tastes and most of all the kids were happy. I got my Thanks giving meal with all the fixins (they had the same corn bread there), DH had fried chicken and ribs, DS 10 had mac and cheese and DS 6 picked at rolls and veggies (his usual). Then for dessert they had the most delicious pumpkin cheesecake as well as cookies and brownies for the kiddos. If we ever go back fro Thanksgiving, we will go to TE again. 2011 we are switching to Oct to try F&W as well as MNNSHP. :cool1:

We had Thanksgiving dinner 2009 at WCC and Thanksgiving dinner 2010 at Trails End Buffet. Had never eaten at TE before but figured we would take a chance and we were pleasantly surprised. :thumbsup2 I actually liked it better than WCC. There were many more choices for me, DH, DS10 and DS6. At WCC, you have no choice; they give you a skillet with turkey, ham, chicken, then sweet potates, mashed potatoes and green beans. They did have a very good salad to start off as well as delicious corn bread. But I think that everyone in the family would agree to choose TE over WCC. We all have differing tastes and most of all the kids were happy. I got my Thanks giving meal with all the fixins (they had the same corn bread there), DH had fried chicken and ribs, DS 10 had mac and cheese and DS 6 picked at rolls and veggies (his usual). Then for dessert they had the most delicious pumpkin cheesecake as well as cookies and brownies for the kiddos. If we ever go back fro Thanksgiving, we will go to TE again. 2011 we are switching to Oct to try F&W as well as MNNSHP. :cool1:

Thanks for the info!
I've never eaten at TE and would definitely be open to trying it. I am traveling with 5 adults & 4 kids. Having other options, especially for the kids, would be great. Is it easy to get to from Wilderness Lodge?
I was in WDW in Oct of last year-you will have a blast at F&W and at MNNSHP!

In '09 we ate Thanksgiving Dinner at the Garden Grill in The Land. It was a great meal, my DW favorite of the trip. The kids loved it because of the characters and the food. The adults liked it because we could have the normal Thanksgiving items along with a few different things.

Since we avoided the parks, we had lunch at WG Pucks GC. They served traditional t-giving food, although DH & I ate the macadamia nut crusted ckn breast :love: DMiL & nephew ate turkey, dressing, & mashed potatoes & said everything was really good. We had dinner at Fulton's Crab House & just ate seafood.

Thanks for the info!
I've never eaten at TE and would definitely be open to trying it. I am traveling with 5 adults & 4 kids. Having other options, especially for the kids, would be great. Is it easy to get to from Wilderness Lodge?
I was in WDW in Oct of last year-you will have a blast at F&W and at MNNSHP!

With that many people I would definitely consider it. The food was good and it is somewhat cheaper (at least $5 cheaper PP) than other buffets for Thanksgiving. It is very easy to get to from WL. There is a boat from teh WL dock which takes you right over to the dock at Fort Wilderness and then a short walk to Trails End.

With that many people I would definitely consider it. The food was good and it is somewhat cheaper (at least $5 cheaper PP) than other buffets for Thanksgiving. It is very easy to get to from WL. There is a boat from teh WL dock which takes you right over to the dock at Fort Wilderness and then a short walk to Trails End.

Thanks so much for the info! The kids love boat rides, too so for them that would be an added bonus on their 1st day in Disney!
:)

1900 Park Fare. They had a traditional Thanksgiving meal along with the standard offerings.

We ate thanksgiving 2010 at the captains grille and wasn't that impressed for what it cost. In 2008 we ate at coral reef and didn't like that either. However I think we would have been happy at liberty tree tavern or whispering canyon cafe or the resturant at the land in epcot that rotates can't remember the name of it

flying fish on the boardwalk. they had a dessert that was holiday themed, i don't remember what else. we also did turkey legs for lunch so we could still say we had turkey on thanksgiving.

I've never been there at Thanksgiving but if I ever do, I will make every attempt to eat at the Liberty Tree Inn...can't get more "traditional" than that...

I want to eat at Liberty Tree Tavern but DH wants to try a place we haven't eaten at yet. I am sure I will get to pick but had to at least try to give him some other options and then push for LTT. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter