Where did this heat and all these people come from? The new PTR/TR link 5/7

Hey guys just an update on Katie!!!

Since I have been without internet and I don't have enough patience for typing long messages on my phone, I haven't mentioned what's going on with my Mom. She had an angiogram last week and the spot they stented last Feb was already 75% blocked. They have stented this same spot 5 or 6 times in the last 7 or 8 years and decided it was time to do a bypass to hopefully stop this cycle

given her overall good health, everything will likely be fine but of course this is considered major surgery so there is always risk involved. We would appreciate some prayers today as she goes through this!

Definitely will be in prayer for her mom today!!!!!!

Katie, I will be here! No worries! Take your time, life happens. :goodvibes

I just saw the update from Katie, thank you Jen for posting that! It was from yesterday, but I'll still say some prayers for healing and recovery. I hope all is okay!

hey! thanks Jen for posting that update yesterday. The surgery went very well but she was having a rough afternoon. They had hoped to remove the ventilator but she still wasn't breathing on her own when she fell asleep (which is much of the time) Please continue to think of her as she recovers from this!

hey! thanks Jen for posting that update yesterday. The surgery went very well but she was having a rough afternoon. They had hoped to remove the ventilator but she still wasn't breathing on her own when she fell asleep (which is much of the time) Please continue to think of her as she recovers from this!

Will do! :hug:

:banana: :cool1: Internet is back!!! :woohoo: :yay:

I have felt lost this past week without internet but the good news is I have 1 update ready to go and another long update that just needs pics!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and good wishes. Mom is improving slowly. She's not bouncing back quite as fast as everyone hoped she would but the surgery went great and all signs point to a full recovery in time. I will likely go and spend the day with her on Sunday.

Hi, Katie. Good to see you back. I love your AK parade pictures. We have only seen that parade once. :eek: I also love the pics of the Tree of Life--especially the elephant with the trunk.

Did you make it this trip? Hopefully now I will be able to catch up!!!

I love your magic shot with Simba; so cute! :lovestruc I've never seen the AK parade; it looks really fun!

Shame on you! Get thee back to the world and go straight to AK to jam in the jungle!!

It was hot that afternoon, wasn't it!!!:eek:

However, I am sure you got the worst of it at AK. Can't believe you stuck it out for the afternoon Parade.:worship:

I have yet to see that Parade. One of these days....:rolleyes:

Can't wait to hear about your evening ADR.:)

Oh my gosh it was HOT HOT HOT that day!!! I can't believe the number of good disers who still haven't done the AK parade :scared1:

The Animal Kingdom is my absolute favorite park. I love the parade, too. But I have never noticed the birds on the giraffe either.

Thank goodness someone around here has seen it :lmao: It's fun to catch those kinds of details when you get the chance :thumbsup2

WOW you have done something I have never done before, stay for the AK parade. I have been there in the morning and I have been there in the evening but I have never been around for the afternoon parade!!

OY Disney when its hot is HOT!!

put it on your list Jen..do it..do it!!

Oh and it was hot that day!

:banana: :cool1: Internet is back!!! :woohoo: :yay:

I have felt lost this past week without internet but the good news is I have 1 update ready to go and another long update that just needs pics!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and good wishes. Mom is improving slowly. She's not bouncing back quite as fast as everyone hoped she would but the surgery went great and all signs point to a full recovery in time. I will likely go and spend the day with her on Sunday.

Did you make it this trip? Hopefully now I will be able to catch up!!!

Katie, glad to hear your mom is improving. As they get older they just don't bounce back as quickly. As long as she is improving, that is good news.

No, we only were at the AK for the morning so we did not see the parade (we had a DIS meet at the pool that afternoon...I'm up through that DIS meet on my TR whenever you are ready).

Great update and another one to convince me that I really need to give AK more "credit" and spend some more time exploring there.

I'm sure at one time I knew what your special dinner ADR was but now I've forgotten so I will be looking forward to the surprise! popcorn::

PS- love the photopass picture of you! So cute!!

Hope you spend some more time there next week :cool1:

Good news then, you have waited so long, dinner will be coming up soon (probably tomorrow)

I'm catching up! The margaritas look sooo good. I think we will be there this Cinco de Mayo. Now I have to decide on one...or two :goodvibes.

Love the PP pic of you at AK. I really love AK...there is so much to look at and enjoy. I feel like people are always rushing to get to EE...but they should stop and enjoy the nature and all the little details!

can't wait to hear about your next ADR!

such a good place to cool off in the middle of the day! I highly recommend 2 :thumbsup2

I was so glad for this solo afternoon because it allowed me to slow down and explore a little more.

So you were still "feeling good" were you? :rotfl2: I needed that break!! :sad2:
Maybe the drinks were helping you see new things....the birds on the giraffe, the elephant on the tree, the large anteater.....:rotfl:
Cute picture of you and Simba!!! :thumbsup2

Tracy

Hmm :rolleyes: I've never heard of margaritas improving your vision :laughing:

One day I hope I am able to make it long enough to see the AK's parade! Beautiful shots from it! Now, I want to hear the music since you think it is the best of all the parades! That is high praise! :goodvibes

Have you gotten a chance to listen to it yet? I really love it!!

The AK parade is my favourite WDW parade. I just love the theming and music of the parade. Thanks for sharing the photos so that I can live Disney vicariously from my end of the world! :thumbsup2

I remember it was a hot afternoon as well. You did well to make it to AK after those margaritas!

I probably looked silly standing alone in the crowd dancing to the music but I didn't care!!

Hot hot hot!!

You can sort of see the birds on this Christmas picture.
They were there. There is just so much to notice at Disney World that I notice something new every trip.

IMG_0089.jpg

I love the Jammin' Jungle parade! I like to watch the 'puppeteers'. Jill wants to be in that parade some day. Thanks for those pictures. :goodvibes

I like the addition of the garland too. Hoping to make it next year for christmas festivities (and cooler temps but with my luck, it will be freezing!)

It would be fun to be picked some day but I wonder if I would miss out on the rest of the parade

I took a picture of the "tree".
0831101354.jpg

0831101348.jpg

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: The Tree of Life. not :rotfl:

Actually, I have to say, I like it a lot...but no, it's no tree of life :laughing:

It was so hot that day, I just imagine you melting at AK, it always seems hotter there than at any other park!

Love that picture of the elephant from the Tree of Life, I've never noticed that one before!

Great pictures from the AK parade, I've never seen it, but have the music from it on one of my Disney CDs and love it.

:sad2: What is wrong with you people? GO SEE THE AK PARADE!!!!! Even in the heat, you can't help but move with the music!

Maybe, but Disney dorks are the best kind :thumbsup2

Great shots of the AK parade! We have never seen the whole thing of the afternoon MK or DHS parades, but this one we've seen a couple times! :laughing: And we (okay, I! Joe isn't a parade fan) LOVE it! It's so fun and festive.

Don't feel bad! Real life gets in the way sometimes. I left my TR last year for THREE months! :rotfl: I hope things calm down for you though. :hug

It does look kinda AK-esque though!

I think us DISers see just about anything in real life and relate it back to Disney somehow!

Is Henry almost old enough to help convince Joe to stay for the whole thing? :confused3 Next trip maybe!

Real life can stink sometimes. Hopefully I will find a better balance soon

Trying my best to get caught up, Katie.

Love your pictures from the AK parade. I don't think we've ever watched all of it.

Hope your new job is going well!

*SIGH* You too?:sad2:

How is your year going? I am settling into the new job and the kids have mostly made the change from the last teacher to my much more enforced rules and expectations. Naturally, I am working with students of low motivation and that is a frequent stress but I'm managing OK

YES I AM !!!!::yes::

Part of your charm my dear!!

LOL

Hey...my boss is on vacation next week. Wanna do lunch? :laughing:

I do, I do!! (though the commute might be a bit much I fear)

We have never seen the AK parade. Great pictures!!

:eek: EEEEK!!!! Put it on your list for sure!

I will be here waiting! popcorn:: Hope your internet gets fixed quickly! :goodvibes

We will wait for you, Katie.

I'm so far behind on all of my subscriptions that I was relieved you hadn't updated! :laughing: It does stink to be without internet service though - hope it gets fixed soon!

Ditto! I hope you get the internet back too because I have been missing your TR!

I will be waiting. Another reason for TGIF! :)

Katie, I will be here! No worries! Take your time, life happens. :goodvibes

Thanks for your patience guys!!

hugs to you and well wishes for your moms recovery

Katie, your mom is in our prayers. :hug:

Katie - thinking of you and your mom. Hope she's on the road to full recovery.

Thanks everyone :grouphug: I love that Disers can turn to each other and know they will be there for support even though you barely know me and don't know my Mom at all. It's what makes this group so special!!

Katie, glad to hear your mom is improving. As they get older they just don't bounce back as quickly. As long as she is improving, that is good news.

No, we only were at the AK for the morning so we did not see the parade (we had a DIS meet at the pool that afternoon...I'm up through that DIS meet on my TR whenever you are ready).

Mom doesn't like to be kept down so it's probably good she is sleeping as much as she is but of course she is anxious to get better. They were supposed to leave to return to Florida 2 weeks ago. Luckily we have had amazing weather the past week, that makes it easier I'm sure

I'm hoping to catch up on my subscriptions soon!!

Day 5 continued at last!

To remind you where I was…I was huddled under a small patch of shade enjoying the afternoon parade at AK. It was HOT…like really, really hot!!! I know everyone always says AK seems hotter than the other parks and I don’t know if that was true on this day but I can say I was sweating like crazy. BUT I had missions to accomplish on this day and I wasn’t going to give in!

(the problem with taking so long to write this report is that I forget what I have already shared with you so forgive me if I am repeating myself!)

In 2008, we had 10 day tickets with plans to make it to AK twice. I was sick on the first day and everyone else went without me. On our second day, it was late in the trip, we were getting tired and a late start combined with an afternoon thunderstorm cut my 1 day there short so I was determined to make up for it on this trip.

My destination after the parade was to walk over in this direction

florida2010246-1.jpg

Past these guys

florida2010248.jpg

And into the cool of the theater to catch the last show of the day of

florida2010253-1.jpg

I entertained myself during the wait trying to catch a picture of nemo floating through the bubbles. I don’t know if he is actually in this one or if I’m trying too hard. What do you think?

florida2010256.jpg

You all know the story right? Nemo is excited for school but his Dad is afraid

florida2010263.jpg

florida2010272-1.jpg

florida2010273-1.jpg

Nemo is captured and his Dad goes in search of him

florida2010282.jpg

florida2010296.jpg

florida2010302-1.jpg

Nemo’s Dad enlists help from a variety of marine critters

florida2010304-1.jpg

florida2010317.jpg

Nemo narrowly escapes and they are happily reunited

florida2010331.jpg

florida2010334-1.jpg

And they all live happily ever after In the Big Blue World!!

florida2010338-1.jpg

As you leave, don’t forget to say bye to these guys…bye….bye….bye

florida2010341.jpg

The performance was fantastic and a great way to cool down! After the show, the time had finally come…my long awaited date with the Yeti.

florida2010343.jpg

That previously mentioned thunderstorm in 2008 had broken up our meeting then and I was not going to miss out this year! I spent some time admiring the mountain

florida2010346-1.jpg

florida2010352-2.jpg

Then made my way inside.

florida2010354-1.jpg

florida2010355.jpg

florida2010357-1.jpg

I took the single rider line and basically walked right on! The yeti did not disappoint (that would be a fuzzy purple me in the second row)

florida2010360.jpg

:yay: you met the Yeti!!!!! Pretty awesome ride, isn't it???

You got some beautiful shots at Nemo. I really like that show - it's so well done, and that air conditioning....:cloud9: :laughing:

We loved cooling down and seeing Nemo in june on our trip also. Cute photos you were able to get.
Love, love EE!!!! Is is not the best roller coaster?

Awesome update, Katie. I'm so glad you got to meet the Yeti this trip (I missed it due to the fact that Mark couldn't ride) and Nemo looks great--we definitely have to give that a shot next year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter