Where did this heat and all these people come from? The new PTR/TR link 5/7

Discussion in 'Completed Trip Reports' started by kschafer, May 14, 2010.

1. momof2TNboys

momof2TNboys DIS Veteran

Hi! I am following you from MeMom's TR. We were there at the same time. I thought it was so hot too! I love your pictures of AK. I love all the details of the park. Great TR, can't wait to hear more.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

Gosh Brook, with your big move coming up, I'm surprised you have much free time at all! Not sure if I said anything on FB but your new place sounds so nice. I would have gone with the flowers, yard and sweet landlady too!

We loved CSR a lot!

I definitely took many more pictures on this trip, it is much easier to do when you are not focused on everyone else!

It was a very nice morning!!

You hear that C?!?!

4. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

Welcome :goodvibes The heat was a surprise for sure!

I see you have another trip coming up...love your title :lmao:

5. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

OK, just for you guys...

My camera obviously focused on the foliage in the foreground but you get the idea!

[​IMG]

And for you tumble monkey lovers...

[​IMG]

Just because I love watching it :lovestruc

[​IMG]

6. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
    Now that is something to look forward to when I see it next.

7. momof2TNboys

momof2TNboys DIS Veteran

It is a long story of why we maybe going in September. I had a bounceback booked for December and my husband was fine with it. However, my work schedule has changed and I cannot take extended periods of time off after October 1st for around six months. So, a vacation in September seemed like a good idea since my December trip is a no go. Well, the glitch is that my husband is a huge University of Tennessee fan and the first football game is that weekend. He is a southern football fan that believes nothing should happen in the fall but watching football on Saturdays. So, for him to even consider this is huge. We have always had a deal that I can vacation anytime I want as long as it doesnt interfere with football season. So, fingers crossed he still agrees to go.
    I would go without him, but taking my 4 and 2 year old to WDW by myself would drive me insane!!
    :rotfl:

8. Cory's Gal

Cory's Gal <font color=#01DF01>I also haven't met a donut I d

So wonderful Katie that you got to meet up with Michelle!!! Awesome picture of the Gorilla with her baby hanging on, that must of been really cool too see!!! Loved your Rhino pic from the safari too, it looks like they were just chillin' out!!! I LOVE FOTLK and the tumble monkeys are my favorite part too!!!:goodvibes

9. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

Added some video for ya!

Well if he doesn't want to go, just let me know! :laughing: Oh, and I loved the pics of your TS party! My older son has a birthday coming up and we talked about a TS3 movie party but he will be turning 9 and is in that "in between" stage. He is very excited about going to the movie but decided on a pool party because he worried his friends would think TS is for kids!

We were SO excited to see the mama and baby at last, we waited awhile for her to make her appearance!

It was a really fun morning!

10. MEK

MEK DIS Veteran

Katie -

Great update! Your FOTLK pics are really good and I am so jealous you got a picture of the lion. I never get the whole lion. I usually am lucky to get part of the head. I wonder if I need to do safari earlier in the day. By lunch time they are probably laying low!

Looks like you have a great morning in AK!

11. Hobbitmomma

Hobbitmomma Frodo Lives

Enjoying reading your report, thank you. I have a question. We (Hubby and 2 kids 10 & 12)will be staying at CSR in December. (Yes, the mind-numbingly crowded week between Christmas and New Years, but what can you do?) Anyway, said that you requested a certain area. Are there better locations than others? This is our first time staying at CSR and only our 2nd at WDW, so we are relatively new at this. I'd love to hear any suggestion you have regarding room location. Thanks.

12. jenniferkeala808

jenniferkeala808 DIS Veteran

gotta LOVE those tumble monkeys!!! :cool1:

13. Poolrat

Poolrat I am alive, sometimes I wonder too.

I may need to bookmark this post to watch often. :cool1: I love me some tumble monkeys. Thanks

I have stayed there 3 times. There are 3 sections the casitas, the cabanas and the ranchos. They are all supposed to be themed around different sections of the southwest and Mexico I believe.
    http://www.allears.net Has a great fact sheet on the resort. They each have a bus stop but the casitas are closest to El Centro ( the food and shops) and the cabanas are pretty close to the pool area. The ranchos are way in the back and are considered quiet but far from the pool in some areas as well as the furthest from El Centro. I think if you have a car it is not too far out but if you rely on the busses it can be quite a walk. Look at the map on allears and you can decide what is best for your family. You can request a certain section and building even but it is just a request.

14. Lovemy3babes

Lovemy3babes Is always in need to get herself and her children

I think it's so neat how the hippos walk on the bottom of the water. Great picture of you and Michelle! :)

15. Megablocks

Megablocks DIS Veteran

I LOVE the tumble monkey video! Thanks for sharing :goodvibes It is amazing how talented they are!

16. klacey1

klacey1 DIS Veteran

Amazing pictures, as usual. Love the video, too-- I am so ridiculously uncoordinated that nearly anyone amazes me, but they are a talented group!!

17. PrincessInOz

PrincessInOz Thanks for my avatar, Mary Jo!

Thanks Katie. We chose to go see Nemo instead of the Lion King at AK. We had previously seen FOTLK in 2005 and had seen the musical; but not Nemo. About the only thing that I regretted was not seeing the tumble monkeys; which you've posted a video of. :thumbsup2

18. BrooklynnsMommy

BrooklynnsMommy DIS Veteran

Brooklynn loved watching the tumble monkey video (over and over and over!)

19. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

Honestly, with the angle of the sun, I couldn't quite see on my camera what I was taking a picture of. I just pointed in the right direction and crossed my fingers. I got lucky on those two, and a whole lot of junk!

Welcome :goodvibes

the thing to realize about CSR is that it is a very big resort so you can't be close to everything so you need to prioritize your wishes. For me, I wanted to be close to a bus stop first (preferably the first stop, which is stop #2...crazy I know), second priority was the main building and last was the feature pool. I requested Casitas 4 or 5 first because it fit my priorities, my second choice was somewhere in the Cabanas section (equally close to main building/feature pool but the 3rd bus stop which surprisingly would have turned out to make a difference with the crowds we found)

If I had been with my kids and planned to spend a lot of time at the Dig Site pool (keeping in mind that there are quiet pools in all 2 sections), my first room would have been great, very close to the dig site but a little further from the second bus stop and on the opposite side of the main building

I would suggest starting with Kathy's page on CSR here on the Dis

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2338336

It is a wealth of info and the first several posts are full of great stuff. If you have more specific questions, there is ongoing conversation and lots of CSR lovers to help!

Good luck with your planning!

20. kschafer

kschafer DIS Veteran

Glad you enjoyed :)

Good point about the request. My case being a good example, I had made a request they couldn't accommodate the first night but could after that. If you don't like your assignment, ask what they can do for you. they were very gracious with my situation and did what they could to make me happy.

When I was there in 2008, we saw a hippo on the land and our safari guide commented on how rare that was. they weren't as cooperative for me this time.

Glad you enjoyed ! I wonder if they think their job is as fun as it looks?

I always took gymnastics in the summer when I was a kid but was never very good. I'm pretty uncoordinated too!

I had seen FOTLK in 2008 and missed Nemo so obviously my first choice was Nemo but the show times weren't working with me on this morning. I love the singing and acrobats too but those tumble monkeys are so cute!

::yes::

glad you enjoyed it Brooklynn!

21. Melknor

Melknor Mouseketeer

I just started reading your TR, but have to say :wave2: from another fellow Iowan (DSM area). I secretly hope to take a trip by myself or another adult only trip. I love my kids, but sometimes you just need a break and what a better place to get away than to Disney!

I can't wait to read about your adventures!! I agree about going from the chilly IA weather to hot FL. I think we were there the week or so before you.