Where did they come from???

A long time ago most Europeans and European-Americans went to church* regularly. You know, you don't talk in church.

Nowadays most people don't go to church so they never learned to be quiet during shows and movies.

Disney hints: http://www.cockam.com/disney.htm

Once I was on Tower of Terror and people were screaming so loud that my ears were clipping+ and distorting. Sounded just like what happens if you turn the volume on your stereo up too high. Maybe that is why my hearing seems to be "going" and I no longer care so much about getting good stereo equipment and home theater audio equipment although I am still fussy about superb picture quality.

* Intended to represent all religions, not just Christianity.

+ Ph.D. in electronics needed.

Not seeing the connection either. I learned to be quiet and be compassionate and it wasn't in church.

We've had had the pleasure of the tour group experience a few times. My experience was pretty similar to everyone else. They line jump, pretend they can't speak english, let doors slam in your face, block doors and walkways and they don't speak to one another they scream all their conversations.

On the flip side of that we have also experienced one....yes I said one group that was polite and respectful. They were having a great time, they were always singing and were always walking as a group over to the right.

I have taken up to 17 HS students to WDW at any one time and will be doing it again in 2011 when FBLA holds its National Leadership Conference in June. I will tell you that if any of my students acted inapropriately, they would be on the first plane home at their parents expense. I can have a lot of fun at WDW and I want my students to have a good time, but in the proper and polite manner. That extends to the hotel and every where else we go. Adults must remember to set the example, because young people imitate those they respect and admire.

When my family and I are in another country, we tried to follow local customs and not try to be the "Ugly Americans." I wish visitors to our country would do the same.

Thats the good thing about being a 30 year old DVC owner.....you can tell the groups to get out of your way. I have. I know people will say thats not magical. But if i'm at a park with my family and a group(any group) tries to bully their way in front of me, i do not allow it to happen. PERIOD.

What does being a DVC owner have to do with this?

They may be REALLY annoying but sometimes sweet justice comes around. We were on Dinosaur a couple years back and DDs screamed so loud on the ride they went and complained to a cast memeber... the only one that didn't speak their language. So they left the ride mad, and we left the ride feeling happy we had two loud mouth daughters. ;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I was wondering the same thing?? I am a 40 year old NON-DVC owner.....what does that mean for me?:lmao:

well, he says that he is impowered to tell people to get out of his way!

hehehhehehehhe

I gots ta same empowerment from bein' a pirate!!!!

RUM?

I have to share a few stories.

My first year, I remember being in line for the Xtraterrestrial ride - it is now the Stitch thing. We are kind of corraled outside several across and slowly winding down towards the doors in a very leisurely pace. I must say, I go when it is least crowded. Well, this guy with a very thick british accent pulls along his wife, mother-in-law (or mother), and three children through the crowd to the front door. He told them to hurry up, and pulled them through the crowd, despite everyone telling him that everyone was going to get in. I saw them later in the day waiting outside Space Mountain and he was doing the exact same thing. Most rides were not but fifteen minutes. I am not sure what his issue was all about.

However, the following year, I did notice something with a language barrier. An older couple, who were of Asian descent and seemed to speak no English and their granddaughter, who could speak English were on the water taxi from the Swan/Dolphin to Hollywood Studios. Several times, the driver of the water taxi mentions you must be seated until the boat comes to a complete stop. As soon as this guy saw the boat dock, he ran to the front of the boat, almost pulling his wife's arm out of its socket and babbling all the way up the aisleway. His granddaughter was absolutely mortified. He kept jabbering away and the boat operator begged him to sit down. He just did not understand English. I swear it looked like the guy would have gone overboard to get to that dock; he was so worried. His granddaughter got up, translated to them that they must sit down until it stopped, and then the boat operator went on again. As soon as he opened the door, they were the first ones off.
We just stayed out of their way.

Now, the cheerleaders and pop warner people, that's another story.....

Laz - good for you. I agree that if the kids cannot adhere to the rules, they should be shipped home. I am saddened to say that I was there one week when the Pop Warner group was staying at POR, and the parents that went along for the trip used the time to "party" and acted like sailors on leave. They left the parenting to the chaperones.

And I agree about going outside the country. I was on my best behavior when I was overseas - I am NOT about to give anyone in Europe the impression that all Americans are rude.......

We should not limit the discussion to "foreign" tour groups. Unfortunately, it is not only they who sometimes behave badly. I think that any group of un or under-chaperoned kids will push the limits. We all know that kids feed off one another and will do almost anything to gain the attention and approval of their peers. In truth, the only tour group I have ever had issue with was a group of American students. There were about 15-20 of them and they were all wearing t-shirts that said "John Jones Junior High School." They were profane and repeatedly pushed their way forward in line on Test Track. The good news is, when they got to the front of the line and attempted to board the cars he CMs put them off the ride!

Incidentally, this doesn't only happen with groups, it is really with any unchaperoned kids. One year there was a group of about 4-5 kids running around and up and down the stairs at ASMu, yelling loudly. I think they were playing some sort of tag game. It was late, after midnight. I had to come out of my room (in my PJs, so that scared them enough!) and ask them to please stop as they were waking my children. I don't know where their parents were.

We should not limit the discussion to "foreign" tour groups. Unfortunately, it is not only they who sometimes behave badly. I think that any group of un or under-chaperoned kids will push the limits. We all know that kids feed off one another and will do almost anything to gain the attention and approval of their peers. In truth, the only tour group I have ever had issue with was a group of American students. There were about 15-20 of them and they were all wearing t-shirts that said "John Jones Junior High School." They were profane and repeatedly pushed their way forward in line on Test Track. The good news is, when they got to the front of the line and attempted to board the cars he CMs put them off the ride!

Incidentally, this doesn't only happen with groups, it is really with any unchaperoned kids. One year there was a group of about 4-5 kids running around and up and down the stairs at ASMu, yelling loudly. I think they were playing some sort of tag game. It was late, after midnight. I had to come out of my room (in my PJs, so that scared them enough!) and ask them to please stop as they were waking my children. I don't know where their parents were.

I totally agree, I've experienced rudeness from tour groups of all nationalities, in Disney World and here in Europe. There must be something about being in a group that makes people forget their manners :confused3

Laz - good for you. I agree that if the kids cannot adhere to the rules, they should be shipped home. I am saddened to say that I was there one week when the Pop Warner group was staying at POR, and the parents that went along for the trip used the time to "party" and acted like sailors on leave. They left the parenting to the chaperones.

I had a similar experience once with the cheerleaders at the end of January. The parents were a million times worse than the kids. That group, the kids were acting like young teenage kids. Not all good but not all bad either, just normal. The parents were horrid.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: that trip we had the cheerleaders and the tour groups.

While my boyfriend and I were in Disney World last February, we ran into a lot of tour groups from Argentina. We're pretty easy going, and I didn't really see them doing anything horrible. Except when it came time for the parades. We made sure to arrive early so we could get a good spot for the parade. More than once, one of these groups would show up and just push their way right in front of us. Thankfully CMs would come by and tell them they had to be behind the line so they'd move. Then more of the group would show up and it would start all over. The members of the group that already knew you had to be behind the line didn't even bother to tell the rest of the group. It was rather frustrating, but we just made sure to stay in our place and eventually they were told to move.

It's the pack mentality and as Carol said it does not matter where they are from and actually it can be any age.

We were there in late Febuary and we were almost run down daily at Epcot by large packs of Snowbirds on scooters, they were worse than any Hell's Angels. :eek:

It was a group of about 20 all on scooters with this one woman with blue hair, leading the pack with a flag on her scooter, and my golly she was determined to mow anyone down in her way.

They had brought their scooters with them and they were not the slow, pokey ones Disney rents, these bad boys were fast. :scared1:

We just all ran the other way when we saw "Granny Smurf" parting the crowds with her pack, they even traveled in a "V" formation with her in the front.

I still have nightmares. :scared:

I had a similar experience once with the cheerleaders at the end of January. The parents were a million times worse than the kids. That group, the kids were acting like young teenage kids. Not all good but not all bad either, just normal. The parents were horrid.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: that trip we had the cheerleaders and the tour groups.

I'm with you regarding the cheerleaders. We were at one of the All Star Resorts in Feb 2007 and the cheerleaders were a bit loud but the parents were the worse. At some point, it was like 2am and people kept banging on our door, i looked by the window only to see some older folks running around, screaming, laughing loud WITH the cheerleaders!!! The next time they banged on our door, we were ready for them with a bucket of cold water :woohoo:

We just all ran the other way when we saw "Granny Smurf" parting the crowds with her pack, they even traveled in a "V" formation with her in the front.

I still have nightmares. :scared:

:rotfl: :lmao: :rotfl2:

:scared1: - - - - - :moped:
:scared1: - - - :moped:
:scared1: :moped:
:scared1: - - - :moped:
:scared1: - - - - - :moped:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter