Where did the wilderness go?

junkmanstan

Earning My Ears
The last time we stayed at Ft. Wilderness was about three years ago. My memory of the park was that there was lots of vegetation between the sites giving you a feeling of wilderness and some sense of privacy. Today all of that growth has been cleared away and I have a good view of every other RV in the entire loop. What happened? Was this supposed to be some sort of improvement?

The removal of invasive non-native plants like the air potato vine have left the Fort looking less green, that is for sure. But, they have been installing new, native plants which in the long term will leave the Fort a better place. These plants don't grow as fast as air potato vine or kudzu, but they will be beautiful and manageable. Have faith!

I think Mother Nature had something to do with some the the changes also. A few hurricanes tend to change the landscaping.

I really think it is the millions Disney is spending upgrading the Fort, rather than Mother Nature!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter