• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where can you find a beignet?

read your post and thought huh, just saw those in Princess in the Frog yesterday... that makes sense. Then I moved on to reading my other Disney news and saw this Disneyfoodblog.com so I came back to post :) Now you know!

You can find poor substitutes at WDW. If you want real ones you need to go to New Orleans.

I've only ever found them at POFQ. I wouldn't go out of my way to get them, though. I know lots of people here on the boards really like them, but I was rather disappointed. Once you've had the real deal in New Orleans, there's really no substitute.

disneybliss2 said:
I've only ever found them at POFQ. I wouldn't go out of my way to get them, though. I know lots of people here on the boards really like them, but I was rather disappointed. Once you've had the real deal in New Orleans, there's really no substitute.

Agreed 100%

I dont think the ones at POFQ are that bad (lived east of I45...so to everyone else in Texas we were Cajun...) and the ones at Disneyland Downtown Disney (Brennans Jazz Kitchen?) are awesome. You cant beat new orleans or some mom & pop places about LA but its one of the better breakfast options on property.

Clint

Deb & Bill said:
You can find poor substitutes at WDW. If you want real ones you need to go to New Orleans.

I agree! We are from New Orleans and had the ones from POFQ and they are terrible. Nothing like a REAL beignet!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I haven't been back to New Orleans in a really long time so maybe that is why I thought the beignets at POFQ were pretty good. POFQ is a neat resort so it's worth the visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter